"Phase Two" Of Marvel Movies To Begin With Iron Man 3 & Introduce New Avengers Members

• 70 results
Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
Better make some room, guys.

Last week may as well have been officially AVENGERS-themed for the number of big tidbits that broke following that mega movie trailer's release. Slash Film has collected some keys quotes from Marvel Studios’ president Kevin Feige regarding the future of this cinematic universe and how AVENGERS will actually only be the conclusion of its “first phase.” The second phase will begin with IRON MAN 3’s release, and the subsequent slate of flicks will introduce new characters who'll eventually fall into a new team line-up for AVENGERS 2.

Seeing as how all the actors slotted throughout CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR and IRON MAN have signed multi-picture contracts that cover AVENGERS sequels in addition to the sequels for their own individual series, I expected the line-up would largely have to remain constant. Then again, considering how this team doesn’t have a consistent roster like the Fantastic Four (and how part of its appeal actually lies in the mixing and matching of its 100+ members,) it shouldn't actually be that surprising. There haven’t been any firm announcements yet, but the thinking is that these new members might be coming out of the respective camps of Dr. Strange (which Feige says is coming sooner rather than later,) Ant Man, the Inhumans and the Guardians of the Galaxy. Somehow, the forthcoming HULK TV show about Bruce Banner's early years will be tieing into this, as well.

== TEASER ==

If you're head isn't already spinning over the sheer number of titles floating here, the full version of the second Marvel One-Shot starring Agent Phil Coulson has popped up, as well (seemingly to prove that the guy’s got out-of-this-world skills to make up for his decidedly down-to-Earth "costume...")

#1 Posted by Nocall (32 posts) - - Show Bio

The positioning of Iron man's left leg looks funny. For a second, I thought Tony had made himself an oversized armored codpiece.

#2 Posted by shockwave632 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Agent Coulson is BAD ASS.

#3 Posted by NightFang (9904 posts) - - Show Bio

@shockwave632 said:

This

#4 Posted by shockwave632 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

The news is also a good thing. I can definitely picture Doctor Strange in his beige trenchcoat. They'd better not try to give him his normal costume, at least not until they develop his powers more. Maybe include it in the Avengers 2.

#5 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3491 posts) - - Show Bio

So glad I finally got to see that short. It's really terrific!

#6 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Why I don't see Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, She Hulk or any other awesome female listed on there?

#7 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Strange would be a perfect choice if they choose the right director. I could see them pulling it off.

#8 Posted by Lonestar88 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Marvel Studios really knows how to make money, I'm ready to give them all of my mine.

#9 Posted by HT101 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

The short is really good and I can't wait for everything Marvel has coming up. They've done a great job since they started taking control of their franchises again and I hope they keep it up.

#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

HOLY SH!T. Agent Coulson's a BAMF!

#11 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man 3! Sweet!

#12 Posted by sora_thekey (8153 posts) - - Show Bio

Woot! I want the AKA Jessica Jones, Cloak and Dagger and Mockingbird TV series to tie into these movies too. If you think about it Marvel Studios is breaking records even more now that not only are they tying movies together to make the Avengers but also TV series. This is exciting!

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32847 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Cage, mark my words

#14 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Can TOTALLY get behind these new titles, especially Strange. Been wanting to see a Dr. Strange movie for some time! And Coulson...maaaaaan. When I first went to see Iron Man back in 2008 I thought he was total douche jack city...but now the dude has grown on me. I'm totally Team Coulson now!

#15 Posted by RedHush1 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

When The Hell will Deadpool come out!!! And wtf I can't wait for like Red Hulk to appear in a Hulk movie HELL YA!!!

#16 Posted by stu (378 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by biggkeem89 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the Roxxon oil cameo in the Agent Coulson vid

#18 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2233 posts) - - Show Bio

That is soo cool, From Iron Man 1 I loved how Agent Coulsen looked like an unsuspecting guy but was actually incredibly skilled. I loved how they made the SHIELD agents more than just Red Shirts. This shows that he actually is skilled. Thats great. Can't wait for all that other stuff. Especially Ant Man and especially the Inhumans (hope this movie is Totally Kirbied Out!).

#19 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Agent Coulson is awesome! Also, seeing Dr. Strange in a movie would be awesome.

#20 Posted by Owie (3621 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes Agent Coulsen! Plus, that link seemed to be saying Inhumans and Guardians of the Galaxy movies, not just having their characters in the Avengers sequels. I am totally f'ing psyched, the marvel movie future looks like such a trip,adding tons of new characters instead of just recycling the same 2 or 3 franchises over and over again.

#21 Edited by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

"Sorry for the mess."

#22 Posted by Burnstar1230 (209 posts) - - Show Bio

What about the movie 'shorts' they were planning or thinking about for the lesser known guys like Luke Cage and Black Panther? They already mentioned Vibranium in Captain America and showed a map of Wakanda in IM2, might as well add him if they can tie in Guardians of the Galaxy and the Inhumans to this.

#23 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i want a black panther movie.

#24 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else want an Agent Coulson movie?

#25 Posted by nickthedevil (11604 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm Hoping this is the original Ant-man! dude! Hank Pym!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!

Dude is Bad ASS!

Haven't seen moves like Agent Coulson's since TAKEN.

Give liam Neeson a run for his money.

#26 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: An Agent Coulson movie would work, but only if it had the "I can't believe this is happening to me" chick flick feel.

#27 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@sesquipedalophobe
Yeah or a buddy cop thing. Coulson acts like taking out a metahuman is nothing while his wise cracking partner freaks out behind a car...or I'm really desperate for another buddy cop movie...
#28 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

@xhavoc86 said:

Why I don't see Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, She Hulk or any other awesome female listed on there?

This! Where is Ms. Marvel?!?!

#29 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome :D

#30 Posted by msavo (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has been making all the right moves to make the big bucks. Wish Warner and DC had their shit together in terms of movies. If it's not Batman it hasn't been great, only speaking to the live action stuff.

#31 Edited by weaponmaster (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

There had better be a Black Panther or Falcon tie in somewhere as the Avengers have ZERO diversity thus far (Fury is not Avenger). You'd think this was the 50's instead of it being nearly 2012.

#32 Posted by ArrowQuivers891 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar:

I believe that Marvel has said a number of times that they are working on a S.H.I.E.L.D. movie, and well, that would undoubtedly feature Agent Coulson.

#33 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang said:

@shockwave632 said:

This

For f***s sake, WHY does this character not have his own ongoing yet?

Also, I really like the idea that the Avengers film franchise is going to be the big 3 plus friends.

#34 Posted by Golden Cod (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@xhavoc86 said:

The question with Ms. Marvel is whether to give her a new origin that doesn't involve Captain Marvel. The latter two are probably more easily introduced in their respective properties (X-Men, Hulk).

What I want to know is why don't we see Wasp or her husband.

#35 Posted by The Impersonator (5057 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmmmmm......Donuts.

#36 Posted by hellogan (55 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way I'd like a Shield movie is if it had major multi appearances from our superherions. Otherwise, it would probably just seem like another overexaggerated cop flick.

#37 Posted by NightFang (9904 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@NightFang said:

@shockwave632 said:

This

For f***s sake, WHY does this character not have his own ongoing yet?

Also, I really like the idea that the Avengers film franchise is going to be the big 3 plus friends.

Well their are rumors that he could be killed off in the Avengers.

#38 Posted by Trodorne (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

GIVE ME A ROCKET RACCOON MOVIE OR GIVE ME DEATH!

#39 Posted by Sammo21 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else geek out that he was pumping ROXXON gas?

#40 Posted by kamionero (313 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping that the X-men First Class sequel would introduce Wanda and Pietro to the Movie-verse... but considering that they are a different studio I wonder if that means the twins wont make it to the Avengers anytime soon...

#41 Posted by ARMIV2 (8290 posts) - - Show Bio

...DAAAYUM!!

#42 Posted by kennybaese (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

AGENT COULSON IS MY FAVORITE MARVEL CHARACTER.

There, I said it.

#43 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

The promo poster should a reasonable amount of numbers of avengers number.

They should stop right at 6 because releaseing too many members who are pointless is bad.

Just look at what happened to x-men the last stand, too many characters being introduced who were pointless and irrelevant to the story.

#44 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Inhumans and Guardians of the Galaxy in the Avengers? Bleh!

#45 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think the Inhumans would be a great T.V. show.

#46 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank Pym and Wasp. 

Everything else is incidental.  

Of course, an Inhumans/Black Bolt film wouldn't exactly annoy me ;)

#47 Posted by jhazzroucher (15157 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men Origins: Storm

#48 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

@weaponmaster said:

There had better be a Black Panther or Falcon tie in somewhere as the Avengers have ZERO diversity thus far (Fury is not Avenger). You'd think this was the 50's instead of it being nearly 2012.

QFT

#49 Posted by The Mast (779 posts) - - Show Bio

Agent Skrullson...I mean Coulson, is amazing.

#50 Posted by pikahyper (11523 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

HOLY SH!T. Agent Coulson's a BAMF!

hell ya !!! I am loving these shorts, great music too :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.