Follow

The Avengers

Movie » The Avengers released on May 04, 2012.

When a threat is too much for one of the earth's most powerful heroes, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye with the help of Nick Fury (and a few others) must band together to form The Avengers.

Off YOUR Mind: What Should be in the Sequel to 'The Avengers'?

woopapa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By woopapa

@SolthesunGod said:

Carol Danvers. If Marvel are trying to promote her as their A-List female character they need to put her in a movie.

Captain Marvel (2012) #2
    Captain Marvel (2012) #2

she needs her own movie!!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#52  Edited By Lvenger

@Watcherg6: What do you mean by "You don't want another rise of the Silver Surfer?"

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By sora_thekey

Seeing that Thanos might be the next villain I would like a reference to the Fantastic Four... Not that Thanos is a FF villain, but Reed Richards is the master of space exploration in the Marvel Universe. So something along the lines of Doctor Reed Richards being mentioned would be an awesome Easter Egg for us comic book fans. Plus, this would be a perfect moment to introduce Nova and/or Captain Mar-Vell (and afterwards Ms. Marvel). Also, I complained heavily that Ant-Man and Wasp weren't on the first Avengers team... Please bring them in for the second one!

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SirMethos

Since Joss Whedon seems to be going for a more small-scale and more 'personal' movie for the sequel, some possibilities that would be cool to see are:

An introduction of Simon Williams(wonder man), Hank Pym(antman) and Janet van Dyne(wasp), with Eric Williams(grim reaper) as the main villain. And Pym seen building Ultron towards the end of the movie, which would lead the way for a third movie with Ultron as the primary villain, and the inclusion of Vision.

Baron Heinrich Zemo as the main villain, leading the Master of Evil. That would lead to the introduction of Simon WIlliams.

Introduce Winter Soldier as a villain(this could possibly be done, with a slight twist on his original story, by having Zemo being the one to do the brain washing).

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#55  Edited By x_29

Thor: What the hell is a "G-Man?"

I want to see wasp and ant-man.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By The_Scourge
    @Brit said:

Agent Coulson as the Vision!!!!

That would be so amazing!
    JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By JoeEddie

@ma_rc_01 said:

I don't care about the law, I want Spider-man and Wolverine.

@Om1kron said:

in a perfect world not regulated by movie licencing.

SPIDERMAN

These

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By Meteorite

Either an adaption of Under Siege, or a movie with either Kang or Ultron as the villain.

obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#59  Edited By obscurefan

Ms Marvel (Introduced in the Guardians of the Galaxy Movie), Ant Man and Wasp (introduced in the Ant Man movie), and the Vision... we all know who that would be.

As far as a villain, I know Thanos was being set up as the big baddy, but I'd love to see Ultron if Thanos doesn't make it.

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By mattwing87

Well since it's Thanos and Guardians of the Galaxy are getting a separate movie hopefully Darkhawk and Nova will be in it. Just make Guardians of the Galaxy about the Thanos Imperative and The Avengers 2 about the Infinity Gauntlet!

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#61  Edited By the_tree

Things I'd like to see include a Carol Danvers cameo, a mention of Wakanda, Hank Pym and Wasp, and Ultron or an Ultron reference.

wdchefdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By wdchefdave

Black Panther and Vision.

Ultron comes in very easily.

Add Pym and Wasp for background...

Ms. Marvel can wait until she figures out her name this week!

Really not happy with this "Captain Marvel" crap.

rasx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By rasx

@Teerack said:

at some point hulk needs to say "hulk is strongest there is" an at one point Thor needs to yell "have at thee"

And even thought i know he wont be in it I'd love to see Kang on the big screen.

Kang should be the main villain in the sequel.

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
    johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#64  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

@jcbart said:

Well we know that Ant Man (Scott Lang), Falcon and Doctor Strange will be added to the line up, but it would be nice to see Wasp and Warbird included!

Guarantee that Thanos will be an enemy for Guardians of The Galaxy, and not for The Avengers 2. It would be very interesting to see Hank Pym create Ultron in the sequel and for him to be the antagonist. Whedon said that for the sequel he wanted to go much smaller scale and very personal, and Ultron would make an interesting enemy for that since it would give the team something to feel guilty about.

Whedon's also said he wants at least one other lass on the team, hence why I've said Wasp since she'll be introduced in Ant Man, but maybe Warbird aka Carol Danvers (best codename for MCU I think) could get a chance to shine?

I also bet that Nova is in the Guardians of The Galaxy movie, and if he is there's a good chance he's going to be in the sequel aswell.

This sounds like a good idea but Hank cant really be a proper villain even though he created Ultron as that was mean for good. It would be nice too see Hank turn into Giant Man in Ant Man so we can have both him and Lang in Avengers 2 without there being two Ant Man's

Jeanniebird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Jeanniebird

I'd love to see Ant Man Wasp and maybe even Vision. Moreover Ultron would be cool, but considering the after credit scene I guess it will be Thanos who is the main villain.

DerfelMacklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DerfelMacklin

The Masters of Evil, which should be shortened to just the Masters for credibility.

Ant-Man, the Wasp, The Vision, Scarlet Witch

Tease for the Korvac saga.

wildfang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By wildfang

i think thay should add black panther,wasp and ant man

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By Captain13
    No Caption Provided
    SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SandMan_

Spider-man and Wolverine

Vincie_Pooh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#70  Edited By Vincie_Pooh

Howard the Duck! LOL

KateKane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By KateKane

More focus on the characters like Black Widdow who don't have individual movies.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#72  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

@Chris207 said:

My guess is that by the end of Thor 2, Earth will be snow-ridden and will stay that way until the Avengers defeat Malekith in A2.

Not going to happen. Christopher Eccleston doesn't do sequels and never returns to a role so they'll either recast the character if they want to use him in The Avengers sequel or just not use him at all.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Crash_Recovery

I'd like to see a storyline akin to Ultimates Vol 2.

A traitor in the midst. A team crumbling. An enemy superteam. It's got a lot of character drama that Whedon would make good use of.

howlettgrowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#74  Edited By howlettgrowl

I want the avengers to be in asgard!!!! that would be awesome!!!

GreenFuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By GreenFuse

I'd love to see how Scarlet Witch's powers would translate on film. Also, how they'd explain her papa who they have no rights to lol.

I'm just ready for more mysticism in Marvel films. Give me some Dr. Strange!

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

#76  Edited By broo1232

Thanos as the villain and Ant-ma Wasp Vision and Ms Marvel as new members and strange voices in the visions head and then at the end Ultron appears.

astrotrain71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By astrotrain71

Thanos would be an interesting villian in the movie , but with how the avengers actually began in the comic books thanos has never actually been one of there major villians, where as Ultron was always a thorn in the side of the Avengers so i think saying that Ultron would be a good next villian in avengers 2, as far as new heroes joing the avengers, dr. pym would be a good choiceand im kinda iffy on doctor strange seeing he was always a main character on the defenders not so much on the avengers, but all in all it will be interesting too see who joins the cast in the new movie.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#78  Edited By Decept-O

@jcbart: Where did you get this info? Is it official? First I heard about these characters being added. Please let me know I am curious.

autistickitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By autistickitty

I think that Iron Man, Hawkeye, Thor, Black Widow, Loki, The Hulk, and Fury should definitely return. I do no care how the movie goes as long as they are in it.

kilon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By kilon

Here are the avengers that must be in the sequel.

CAPTIAN MARVEL.
    CAPTIAN MARVEL.
    BLACK PANTHER
    BLACK PANTHER
    No Caption Provided
    Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Fetts

I'd imagine they would use Thanos as the main villain. I think the "after the credits scene" made that pretty clear. But I think it might be cool if they added another villain to the mix. Ultron, Kang, or the Skrull Empire might be cool. 

I also heard that Wolverine and Spider-Man were going to be thrown into the Avengers roster as well. I think that'd be pretty cool to see. They're also making an Ant-Man movie so it'd be cool to see Ant-Man and Wasp in the move as well.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch should come on board, maybe with a storyline similar to how the second lineup was formed with smatterings of the Kree/Skrull War - Captain America is brought back to SHIELD to build a full time team, he holds auditions, and discovers that there are many more super powered people in the country. Wanda and Pietro join up and start undergoing tests to determine how their powers work; Hawkeye returns to SHIELD sans Black Widow and joins the team as well. Meanwhile Iron Man who has formed his own team of "Avengers" that don't really engage in super-heroics composed of Henry Pym, Janet van Dyne and Bruce Banner - almost like an X-Club, since they are primarily composed of scientists, with Janet being a friendly face for PR.

The threat of Thanos becomes apparent when he attacks Asgard, steals the Cosmic Cube, backhands Odin as a gesture of disrespect and leaves. A Kree alien is discovered, and just as the government starts to get a handle on keeping this discovery under wraps, ships from the Kree and the Skrulls enter Earth's atmosphere fighting each other. Thor shows up to lend a hand and both Avengers teams split up to the East Coast, West Coast and to Russia to contain the threat (Black Widow rejoins the team at this point). The aliens are captured and their tech confiscated by SHIELD and unknown factions from the American, Asian, African and European governments. They can sneak in mentions about how a Mr. Richards has been hired by the U.S. government to study some of the tech. The alien, seeing the heroics, adopts the name Captain Mar-Vell, and starts becoming more cooperative. SHIELD also reveals that they used some of the tech to create the Vision.

Random heroics ensue (this is all the first hour) and then it is revealed that Earth, heretofore ignored, was simple the site of a skirmish. The Avengers hijack a ship after a public announcement, go to space, and engage in the War on behalf of Earth. After defeating the generals on both sides that were planning another skirmish set in the solar system, Thanos finally makes his appearance. It's revealed to the Earthlings that the chaos is a result of Thanos' agents pillaging multiple civilizations for various objects, and he's close to completing an Infinity Gauntlet. The Avengers and their allies fight him, but he swats them aside after a lot of explosions and cool scenes.

Then we get the obligatory teaser for Part 3.

skinnyfu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#83  Edited By skinnyfu

@Novemberx2: A little too much plot and too many locations.... Nice idea-er though

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Decept-O

I am speculating that either Black Panther or Luke Cage may be added to the line-up. I could be wrong but is just pure guesswork on my part.

I know it would not happen, but Stingray!

Wonder if there are any movie right entanglements involving Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner? That would be pure awesomeness poured into a cup.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SeanFoster

My geek fantasy is that Fox and Disney will come to an agreement and Michael Fassbender's Magneto can appear as the villain.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By EdBlank

Apparently it's gonna be Thanos. I am so f***ing bored with the maniacal powerhouse villian just deciding that today's the day he's gonna destroy Earth FOR NO REASON. And they ALWAYS attack New York don't they. That place should be a big rubble pile by now. YAWN. The storyline of the Avengers movie was so stale. It was alot of fun to just see the comics come off the page and I enjoyed the movie enough to see it thrice, but I was groaning at the whole set up the entire time. Please G-d do not make a second movie where Thanos shows up, attacks New York, and they hit him with another nuke. No super hero movie should ever ever ever use the ticking time bomb ever ever ever again. What they SHOULD do is bring in Wonder Man. His story includes the Masters of Evil, Ultron, and Vision. He's a powerhouse and he started as a bad guy. Then he can turn good at the end *sniff*. I have been watching Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and if they can do Wasp (especially) and Pym in as exciting a way as the cartoon then please add them to the roster.

Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Sobe Cin

@caughtmau5- Ares is Greek, not from Asgard, Personally I want baron Zemo and the masters of evil

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#88  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

Black Panther. I'de like maybe a Civil War Film with Hints at Thanos coming and the Skrulls still on Earth.

3rd Film Can be a massive Secert Invasion War with Thanos at The Lead, this one can add tons of heroes and others can cameo.

I think Stilt Man should Cameo :3

thanosrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#89  Edited By thanosrules

Under Siege / Korvac Saga / Kang Dynasty

Maybe some bleed off from the Guardians of the Galaxy / Thanos story...

Drummer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#90  Edited By Drummer007

Add Ant-man and wasp after their own movie and do Ultron as the villian. Avengers fighting robots and AI.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#91  Edited By Trodorne

Thanos being a main villain and stealing an artifact that would cause the guardians of the galaxy to come after him, He gains control of the cosmic cube an brings death and destruction to the world. the Avengers is not going to change at all. as both teams get together to stop Thanos

Chibi-Iroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Chibi-Iroh

I know I want to see Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, and Scarlet Witch

davelecave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By davelecave

Obviously Thanos will be there. I'm assuming Black Panther/Luke Cage for diversity's sake, even though I don't think either of those characters add much to the roster.

There are a few options. Speculation about Coulson becoming Vision leads me to believe they could do a Vision/Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver lineup, especially since Kevin Feige mentioned that they do have the rights to the latter two.

Ms. Marvel is being called for to add a more powerful female presence. If that's the case I'm not sure who else they would add to the lineup. Captain Marvel? It would fit in with the cosmic side of things. Wonder Man? Who wouldn't wanna see Nathan Fillion as Wonder Man?

Then there are those crying out for Ant-Man and the Wasp.

TL,DR: I have no idea.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Master_Thief

Well falcon is in Captain America 2 and War Machine is going to be in Avengers 2.......... So they will probably be the new members. For the plot it should be Gaurdians of the Galaxy leading up to Thanos

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#95  Edited By GR2Blackout

Thanos & The Skrulls

Plus: Ant-Man, Ms Marvel, and Black Panther joining the team!

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#96  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Give me just a hint or name check for captain Britain along with some new members and I am happy.

ectoborge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ectoborge

Definitely want black panther. Spider-man and wolverine too if it works for the plot.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#98  Edited By leokearon
    1. Agent Coulson to return
    2. Hulk should have more than about 2 lines of dialogue
    3. Either Wanda and Vision or Hank and Jan
    4. Loki to aid the team, maybe even as a proper member (he would have inside info on Thanos)
    5. A better toy range (no stupid guns)
    TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#99  Edited By TheHeat
    @SolthesunGod said:

Carol Danvers. If Marvel are trying to promote her as their A-List female character they need to put her in a movie.

Captain Marvel (2012) #2
    Captain Marvel (2012) #2
    Charlize Theron would be an excellent choice to play her.
    Big_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Big_Nasty

Justice League movie needs to come out 2014 then have a Justice League Avengers movie 2015.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.