Norton Releases Behind The Scenes Look At 'The Avengers' Movie

Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

Norton doesn't just make antivirus software for your Windows computer, the company also manages to get exclusive interviews and behind the scenes look at the upcoming Marvel Studios 'Avengers' movie, too. Yeah, we don't get it either.

Norton recently posted a behind the scenes video of 'The Avengers' on Youtube where we not only get a look at more footage from the upcoming movie (Thor and Captain America at each other's throats, Hulk chasing Black Widow…) but we get a little bit of insight on the production of the film from both the film's director Joss Whedon as well as the head of Marvel Studios Kevin Feige.

Based on the 3-minute video, writer/director Joss Whedon (Buffy) definitely has a lot to say about the characters, their interactions and how they will be playing together on the same team in the upcoming film. Not only that, but he notes that by bringing all these characters together in one film, what they are doing has "never been done before."

"What we are doing is completely unprecedented. Marvel is taking the characters that they are putting in their movies and bringing them all together in a team franchise movie experience which has really never been done before."

Check out the 'Assemble The Ultimate Protection' clip above for interviews with some of the film's cast and crew and to get a look at some crazy new footage of the upcoming 'Avengers' film. Once you're done scratching your head and asking yourself why this was created by Norton by Symantec, let us know what you think of the video and whether or not you are looking forward to the release of 'The Avengers' on May 4th, 2012.

Source: Norton

#1 Posted by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty cool. Cautiously optimistic about this movie.

#2 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

It's gonna be great fun for sure

#3 Edited by feargalr (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

He's totally right though... like Dark Knight Rises and Spidey are sure to be great movies, but if Whedon manages to pull this off, and get the right balance of action and character ...stuff, (which based on his past work, I think he can) then the Avengers will be, hands down, the best comic book ever.

Like you can't even compare something like The Dark Knight to it, because that took broad strokes of one character, or one tiny corner of the infinite universe these characters inhabit and brought that to big screen, which really is a lot easier and less ambitious than this movie. Like the Avengers, based on trailers and what not really looks like it is literally a comic book, on the big screen, in a way that has never been done before... like ever.

EDIT: Norton WTF?

#4 Posted by KidSupreme (826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vortex13 said:

Pretty cool. Cautiously optimistic about this movie.

Me too!

#5 Posted by cmaprice (818 posts) - - Show Bio

This headline made me think Ed Norton was doing behind the scenes stuff for the Avengers. AWKWARD.

#6 Posted by The Impersonator (5620 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you kidding me? Norton? LOL!

#7 Posted by pacewun (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for this movie. This could be the realization of my comic book reading when I was younger. I'm excited for this to open the door for other marvel characters we haven't seen yet. (hopefully the Inhumans) I just hope that this doesn't turn out bad like Green lantern.

#8 Posted by cattlebattle (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wasn't too impressed with anything out of Marvels "cinematic universe"

Avengers does look good though, but, I have been mistaken before

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35170 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it wrong that the more stuff I see about the Avengers movie the more I want a JLA one?

#10 Posted by NXH (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmaprice said:

This headline made me think Ed Norton was doing behind the scenes stuff for the Avengers. AWKWARD.

Hahaha! You're not the only one.

#11 Posted by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

SO EXCITED

#12 Posted by leejunfan83 (123 posts) - - Show Bio

I likey

#13 Posted by CATPANEXE (9357 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Impersonator said:

Are you kidding me? Norton? LOL!

Right?

#14 Posted by lareeth (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Norton are sponsoring 'The Avengers' movie, they now have an item in the Avengers facebook game.

Not going to deny though, any new Avengers footage is good in my books

#15 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio

@NXH said:

@cmaprice said:

Hahaha! You're not the only one.

hahah me three

#16 Posted by Shazam78 (139 posts) - - Show Bio
@elayem98: Yeah there is certain irony that Norton is involved.
#17 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Going into this I thought it was Edward Norton. Now I clicked the link and feel silly.

#18 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny cause Norton joined production for the MCU when Ed Norton's TIH came out.

#19 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

Norton Goes Viral.

#20 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

You mean Norton actually created something USEFUL for a change? Amazing! ::applauds::

#21 Posted by shazam209 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmaprice: Dude holy shit me too!

#22 Posted by Eyz (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Going into this I thought it was Edward Norton. Now I clicked the link and feel silly.

Me too...

Expecting to see Ed Norton back as Bruce Banner...oh well...

#23 Posted by Deadcool (6756 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

LOL, me too...

#24 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr: Couldn't agree more. Sure, you can make Batman gritty and develop him as a character well, it's easy! With The Avengers though, it's without a doubt the most ambitious comic book movie ever, and if Whedon pulls it off (which he will, it's Joss Whedon), this will be the best comic book movie ever hands down.

#25 Posted by feargalr (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

@jcbart: Thanks. I was half worried I'd be stabbed to death in my sleep by Nolan fan boys after that one :P

#26 Posted by MexFaletti (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

You and me both. Sniff *we miss you Ed*

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.