More 'The Avengers' Set Photos Revealed

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

With all of 'The Avengers' movie news we've posted on our news page today you would think it must be Avengers day on Comic Vine! It's totally an accident, we swear. Yet with the film's release nearly a month away, it's no wonder why we're seeing so much information about Marvel's next big film. Earlier we posted a behind-the-scenes video of the cast and crew chatting about the upcoming movie as well as more footage of Black Widow in the Avengers and confirmation that she will return for the third 'Iron Man' film. But wait, there's more!

Now we got a look at some new stills from the set of the upcoming film where we get to see writer/director Joss Whedon in action telling the cast what to do. Does this tell us much about the upcoming movie? Not really, but there's a seriously awesome Hawkeye action shot we couldn't resist putting up on the site. Check out the rest of the images from the set of the upcoming film below.

== TEASER ==

Over the weekend we got a look at some more stills and shots from the set of the movie which you can check out below. What do you think of what you have seen so far? Are you excited to see the film on May 4th?

Source: Moviezine and Superherohype

#1 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

cap's costume looks just too cartoony. everything else is awesome. please let it be good.

#2 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap's costume is growing on me, but what's with Thor's??

#3 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12011 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannot wait.

#4 Posted by movieartman (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@Meteorite: whats wrong with thors outfit

i think there mimicing the ultimate outfit somewhat, but as we saw in the trailer there will be plenty of scenes of him with his cape and scale armor

#5 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2272 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty soon now! I can't wait.

Walmart and probably other places now has Avengers movie toys including a Hulk that says "Hulk Smash Thor!" and as i walked away I think it said "Hulk Smash Iron Man!"

#6 Posted by LordRequiem (1316 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye, you are the Aquaman of Marvel. And why is Thor's costume different from the first film?

#7 Posted by cracker_jack (220 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's costume looks like it's made of poster board. Cap's is bad. Hawkeye's is ok. Black Widow's needs to show some boobies.

#8 Posted by Deranged Midget (17714 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking good although I have a few gripes.

Chris Hemsworth looks massive and suits the role of Thor but what happen to Chris Evans? He's a brilliant Steve Rogers and was in excellent shape in The First Avenger but he just looks too small here. I hope he bulks up more for the sequel.

#9 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

cap's costume looks just too cartoony. everything else is awesome. please let it be good.

@Meteorite said:

Cap's costume is growing on me, but what's with Thor's??

#10 Posted by GValo (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's costume just looks like a giant arrow pointing down

#11 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

With all the pics of this movie you could print them off put them all in the right order make the movie in flipbook form then add your own sound

#12 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
Art by Michael Turner

@GValo said:

Could have been worse!

#13 Posted by TehJedicake (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Came here for the pics, stayed for Scarlett Johansson.

#14 Posted by Sidious (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlett Johansson....

I'll be in my bunk.

#15 Posted by Fluke-buddha (644 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I really hate Cap's costume. I wish they would have given him chainmail, or at least something that looks like you'd wear it in a fight. That just looks like a cheap costume you'd see at Halloween. That aside this movie looks bad ass!

#16 Posted by Negative_Flash (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@GValo: Or something of that sort...

#17 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope its good.

#18 Edited by frozenedge (1286 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm mad i just now noticed this but Loki is Tebowing in that pic lol

#19 Posted by BoyWander (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't know how hawkeye plans to fight aliens with a bow... Or Black Widow with her tiny guns...

#20 Posted by iaconpoint (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sidious said:

Scarlett Johansson....

I'll be in my bunk.

I too must go to my bunk...

for sleep...

#21 Posted by The Impersonator (5554 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it bad that I think Loki looks the best?

Team Loki, baby!

#23 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Suit up, Scherbatsky!

#24 Posted by Princess_Dalia95 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it bad that I want Cap's costume to be just like the one they used in the Captain America Movie? Cuz so far i really don't like the new one T_T

#25 Posted by thedez (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Joss Whedon is looking more like Ron Howard every time I see him.

#26 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs said:

Art by Michael Turner

@GValo said:

Could have been worse!

Agreed - that is just....special. O_O

But for someone who doesn't like blondes, this fellow might convince me to reconsider...

#27 Posted by mrpandaman (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that was Tested's Will Smith holding the Captain America shield for a second...

But man.. that Scarlett Johansson... phew she is...

@iaconpoint said:

@Sidious said:

Scarlett Johansson....

I'll be in my bunk.

I too must go to my bunk...

for sleep...

I'm already in my bunk.

#28 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh hell, I still thinking Cap's suit looks like cosplay :P

#29 Edited by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@BoyWander said:

I still don't know how hawkeye plans to fight aliens with a bow... Or Black Widow with her tiny guns...

pretty sure those will be some high tech arrows.

I doubt they are trying to put him in a Na'vi vs Humans type situation.

#30 Posted by VioletPhoenix (305 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap's dismembered arms in the back of the Thor/Joss Whedon pic..

#31 Posted by Owie (3800 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone have any idea about who the aliens are, by the way? I know they said it's not Skrulls. I have a totally out there, completely speculative theory that its the Annihilation Wave, just based on the fact that the ships are kind of bug like. I'm sure that's not what they really are, I'm just having a fanboy daydream.

#32 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7982 posts) - - Show Bio

@BoyWander said:

Special arrows that explode or something? I'm sure they made the arrows be able to pierce the aliens skin.

#33 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing that looks bad about this movie is Cap's cowl. The costume looks great but the cowl is extremely off-putting. Black Widom and Bruce Banner will be serviceable characters for the movie (but Hulk is going to be great). Only two complaints.

#34 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

They have all costumes/outfits that are variations on their previous ones. It's to able to distinguish/individualize the merch from this film against others with different titles.

#35 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEEK OVERLOAD!!!!!!!!!

I Love how Captain America's costume looks like the real thing. I've always loved his suit.

#36 Posted by MinkoAk (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap's costume is starting to grow on me, but very slowly. First times I saw it I was like "Noooooooo", now I'm just like "Eh, I thought it was even worse than that." But yeah, the one from the movie is way better.

#37 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this movie would be better if i was in it :D

#38 Edited by ahgunsillyo (113 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anybody know why they plugged up the ears on Captain America's helmet? It looks a lot goofier without exposed ears.

This looks a lot better than...
... this, right?
#39 Posted by capfan80 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@KidSupreme: You would have played a very fetching Black Widow

#40 Posted by Mandrewgora (299 posts) - - Show Bio

I really dig Cap's costume.

#41 Posted by mickoreo_LZ (250 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenedge said:

I'm mad i just now noticed this but Loki is Tebowing in that pic lol

Too funny. I guess this means the Avengers will lose in this movie. After all, Tebowing guarantees victory

#42 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

captain America suit is horrible!!!

#43 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@capfan80 said:

@KidSupreme: You would have played a very fetching Black Widow

LoL thank you .. i think i'd look like a pretty sexy dude in black tights haha

#44 Posted by pingclang (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap`s movie costumes make me want to punch someone in the face. I like the costume he wore in the goofy dance number over the "serious" costumes that squish his face in and have useless pockets, straps and zippers. Of course us fans who have kept the book going since 1941 know nothing compared to Hollywood, so my opinion is moot.

#45 Posted by Crowman (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@cracker_jack said:

Thor's costume looks like it's made of poster board. Cap's is bad. Hawkeye's is ok. Black Widow's needs to show some boobies.

LMFAO

#46 Posted by frozenedge (1286 posts) - - Show Bio

@mickoreo_LZ: lol you could be right. Stark might Tebow or just say his now famous quote, "We've got a Hulk" that usually guarantees a win itself

#47 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Chris Hemsworth looks massive and suits the role of Thor but what happen to Chris Evans? He's a brilliant Steve Rogers and was in excellent shape in The First Avenger but he just looks too small here. I hope he bulks up more for the sequel.

Exactly what i was thinking, I know he's buff.. but in the pics he really doesn't look so big..

#48 Posted by Deranged Midget (17714 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aiden Cross said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Exactly what i was thinking, I know he's buff.. but in the pics he really doesn't look so big..

Indeed. He's not a small guy but he was bigger and better suited for Cap in First Avenger. Didn't seem like he tried for the physique this time around.

#49 Posted by GValo (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs said:

@GValo said:

Could have been worse!

I'm late to seeing this but wow... I see what you mean... just wow

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.