Is that Sharon Carter in the movie?

#1 Posted by katanalauncher (937 posts) - - Show Bio

They showed her in the trailer, she was in two or three scenes and have far more screen time than any other random civilian.

She was also saved by Cap and talked about him in the interviews at the end.

Does anyone else think this is likely?

#2 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope... Sharon Carter was the SHIELD Agent played by Amanda Righetti at the end of Captain America: The First Avenger

#3 Posted by Inverno (13164 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hunter114: Really? I didn't know that 0__O. Shame really its just a extra with some scenes and dialogue I also thought she is Sharon too.

#4 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

She was probably just shown more since she got a line, but I think it was pretty obviously just a random citizen who could swoon over Cap.

#5 Posted by jmood88 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I just heard an interview with Feige on the Empire Online podcast and he said she's just there because she's been in some Joss Whedon stuff before.

#6 Posted by War Killer (20110 posts) - - Show Bio

No, her name tag shows that her name is "Beth" in the movie. Wondered that at first too, seeing as they paused for that moment where she looked at Captain America and then was thanking him later on the news, but it wasn't Sharon Carter.

#7 Posted by scuzz2.0 (273 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope they recast her for the cap sequel.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.