Five New Images From 'The Avengers'

• 92 results
Posted by G-Man (33964 posts) - - Show Bio

On May 4, 2012, Marvel Studios (and Paramount Pictures) is releasing The Avengers and want to be sure you haven't forgotten. There hasn't been a lot of talk about the movie as we're nearing the final approach of its release. The last bit of news was that the film's story would possibly be told through the perspective of Captain America along with Kevin Feige's declaration that the Skrulls would not be in the movie.

Today at Marvel.com, five new images have been released to pump up our excitement for the movie.

The first shows Nick Fury and Captain America after Cap's been working out (most likely at the punching bag we've seen in the trailer). Fury appears to have a folder with some classified info, most likely to get him motivated to go on whatever mission he needs him to. You can see Steve isn't jumping at the idea of taking orders from Fury.

== TEASER ==

The second image shows Banner and Stark together. These are two smart guys so you would think they could get along. But with Stark's...personality, hopefully he won't say or do anything to make Banner angry. And check out his purple shirt. Too bad his pants aren't purple. But that's probably a good thing.

The next image shows Hawkeye and Black Widow sitting next to each other. They've been linked romantically in the comics. As two of the more veterans SHIELD agents in the Avengers, perhaps they share a history in the movie's universe as well.

The next shot gives us a close up of Fury's patch and eye. Will we get an explanation as to how he lost it in the movie?

Finally we see Fury standing around looking like a badass. I imagine we'll be seeing a lot of this.

Who's ready for this movie?

Staff
#1 Posted by BewilderingBeing (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Patton Oswald was right when he said Hawkeye was lame.. I'll be looking forward to this but they could have definitely replaced that character with someone else

#2 Posted by DXmagma (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Those images don't really make em want to see the movie much more.

#3 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice images! The Fury one that gives detail of the scars under the eye-patch intrigues me the most.

#4 Posted by Ganthetsward20 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

I am defiantly curious about the movie

#5 Posted by GothamRed (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye is awesome, can't wait to finally see him

#6 Posted by LordRequiem (1315 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hate that they have Ultimate Nick Fury and not the normal one, just so they could use a big name. And Samuel L. Jackson's not exactly a great actor. Each character had better get their fair share of screen time, I can see Thor and Hulk being sidelined for Downey Jr. and Chris Evans.

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33360 posts) - - Show Bio

still no Hulk >_>

#8 Posted by Burnstar1230 (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't expect Marvel to give too much out or else no one will want to see it..

#9 Posted by DefaultProphet (43 posts) - - Show Bio

@BewilderingBeing said:

Patton Oswald was right when he said Hawkeye was lame.. I'll be looking forward to this but they could have definitely replaced that character with someone else

Hawkeye is badass and I'll fight you over it.

#10 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

@BewilderingBeing: Hawkeye is most definately not lame.

#11 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks promising. Hoepfully all the characters get their time in the limelight. Hulk better be epic. Avengers Assemble!!!

#12 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty cool pictures 

#13 Posted by BritishMonkey (324 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87:

it'll be better of a surprise when you see it at the cinema i think

best not to give too much of the good stuff away too soon too

#14 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7816 posts) - - Show Bio

Fingers still crossed.

#15 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

@BewilderingBeing: like who? I personally like the choice and think it'll be just fine, but I want to know what actor you would have. You must have one in mind.

#16 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Where's Thor?
#17 Edited by movieartman (1190 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordRequiem:

SAMUEL L JACKSON IS NOT EXACTLY A GREAT ACTOR.................................... HA............. HA..........HA!

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33360 posts) - - Show Bio
@Burnstar1230 said:

Can't expect Marvel to give too much out or else no one will want to see it..

@BritishMonkey said:

@spiderbat87:

it'll be better of a surprise when you see it at the cinema i think

best not to give too much of the good stuff away too soon too

Still there's been hardly any Hulk advertisement at all, some of my friends didn't even know he was in the film.
#19 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's Amazing Spider-Man at?

#20 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for this movie.

#21 Posted by Billy Batson (58021 posts) - - Show Bio

meh.
BB

#22 Posted by Pyro_Jack (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye looks very old...

#23 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@BewilderingBeing said:

I completely agree.

Green Arrow > Hawkeye

#24 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice to see that they're utilizing baby oil in this movie.

#25 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

Where's Thor?
#26 Posted by wane88 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Evans isn't buff enough.

#27 Posted by sora_thekey (8173 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye is the only one in the Marvel movies that has not seen the spotlight like the rest (Thor was a cameo. It doesn't count). I am curious how much into his story the movie will dwell into.

I know that everybody will be sharing the spotlight here (some CO> Iron Man <UGH more than most) but if Thor were to question the "mortal's" capacity as part of the team... Giving Clint a chance to prove himself, I'm happy!

#28 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordRequiem said:

I really hate that they have Ultimate Nick Fury and not the normal one, just so they could use a big name. And Samuel L. Jackson's not exactly a great actor.

My thoughts exactly, they should've stuck with 616 Fury, which by the way is the more badass of the two anyway.

#29 Posted by RedR0bin (72 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so freakin excited for this movie. I so so hope that they at lease mention Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne......please. for me?

#30 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh. Not really impressed yet. For the record, Clint is awesome and 616 Fury is a billion times better than Samuel L Jackson with an eye patch.

#31 Posted by zombietag (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

he doesnt look like banner to me. this movie is going to be exciting to say the least.

@wane88 said:

Chris Evans isn't buff enough.

haha i hope thats a joke

#32 Posted by Wolverine0628 (398 posts) - - Show Bio

Love that picture of Fury. This looks like it could be really good; I can't wait!

#33 Posted by Benzo (621 posts) - - Show Bio

It's still a shame that there's no Ant-man or Wasp though. :(

#34 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Ruffalo was totally miscast as Banner! what they hell was they smokin?

#35 Posted by SuperDoahBoy (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14 said:

Green Arrow > Hawkeye

I agree, Ollie would own Clint any day of the week.

I'm sorry I'm not a fan, but anyone want to tell me what's the difference between 616 and Ultimate Fury and why people are saying 616 is more bad ass.

#36 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

AMAZING

#37 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

lol just like how they changed Caps shield to JUST virbranium, they will never explain Nick's eye because they dont have the rights to Wolverine.

#38 Posted by XevenMoons (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Joss is usually good at focusing on everyone, instead of the main character. Even on Buffy, Willow, Xander, Giles, heck even Johnathan had his own episodes. So sreen time sharing and character development, I am not really worried about when it comes to it.

#39 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

RELEASE THIS MOVIE NOW. I DEMAND IT!

#40 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet this is going to be absolute bullshit.

#41 Posted by MrRagePants (843 posts) - - Show Bio

Shut up and take my money!

#42 Posted by redhood21 (815 posts) - - Show Bio

the anticipation burns in me. i can feel it deep..way down in my plumbs..

#43 Posted by frozenedge (1231 posts) - - Show Bio

Fury's eye looks like it might have been infected or something. Wonder if they'll explain how he lost it

#44 Posted by BritishMonkey (324 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87:

there's been a couple of drawn pictures of hulk released, but nothing from the film itself

plus there was a short teaser of the hulk in the trailer too

#45 Posted by Fetts (4466 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. 

Hawkeye and Widow sitting in a bed. 

L O T O' S E X

#46 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@movieartman said:

@LordRequiem:

SAMUEL L JACKSON IS NOT EXACTLY A GREAT ACTOR.................................... HA............. HA..........HA!

Agreed really David Hasel, a better actor then Samuel L. Jackson. Utter BS.

#47 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpidermanWins: DITTO!!

#48 Posted by WildValentine (289 posts) - - Show Bio

So much pessimism on this board, it's insane. This is the first time any studio has ever tried to compile six characters (with four or so having their own movies) and fit them all into one big epic. I don't know why people have set a standard for this, it is a completely new innovation.

I for one am absolutely stoked!

#49 Posted by B_Heart (152 posts) - - Show Bio

still don't feel any excitement for this movie. I need a new trailer

#50 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

I MUST SEE IT NOW

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.