Follow

The Avengers

Movie » The Avengers released on May 04, 2012.

When a threat is too much for one of the earth's most powerful heroes, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye with the help of Nick Fury (and a few others) must band together to form The Avengers.

did they think the cage would actually do something?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By danhimself

Seriously? Nick Fury's solution to the Hulk was to try and put him in a cage that if he hit the glass would drop 30,000 feet from the Helicarrier? What did he think that would do? How did he think that would possibly hurt Hulk or Loki and how could Loki think that it would hurt Thor? That was my only problem with the movie. Dropping the Hulk from 30,000 feet would be like us jumping off the couch

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Billy Batson
    movie logic
    movie logic

BB

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Maybe that's why they never used it, because they knew it wouldn't work on Hulk but maybe it could still work on weaker, yet still strong, heroes/villains. But to be fair, I doubt S.H.I.E.L.D. knew how strong Thor's hammer was, which managed to even throw Hulk around, and seeing as we never actually saw Hulk in the cage, we'll never know how long it could contain him.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Kal'smahboi

It would get him out of the carrier. That's the only purpose of the glass cage. Get the Hulk out of the ship.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By cattlebattle

Poor writing??

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xybernauts

I believe the Hulk was simply designed to explain why the cage was on the Helicarrier to begin with. It was a little rough around the edges, but it wasn't that bad. If you want to complain about something complain about Captain America's costume! Technically SHIELD probably doesn't know how strong the Hulk is, no one does, but they have to try and do something. If they ever had to capture Banner/ the Hulk, what would they do, lock him in a room in hand cuffs. Personally i think the cage was meant to transport Banner to another location. A short term solution that included multiple facets that I imagine might include keeping Banner in constant state of sedation. And the cages temporary ability to hold the Hulk might be the carriers last line of defense, designed to hold the Hulk long enough to get him off the Helicarrier quickly get him as Kal'smahboi pointed out.

kitsokk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kitsokk

Funny things is that the hulk did fall 30 000 feet and it didn't even scratch him.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By BatteredArmor

I'm guessing they either didn't know just how invulnerable the Hulk was or that his invulnerability was scaled down significantly to the point where that would hurt him

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @lykopis said:

@Kal'smahboi said:

It would get him out of the carrier. That's the only purpose of the glass cage. Get the Hulk out of the ship.

That was my thinking during the movie as well. Getting him IN the cage was the bigger question in my mind...

Maybe it was on the off chance that they captured Banner unconscious? They can't have expected to get the Hulk in there.
    Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Delphic

@Kal'smahboi said:

Seconded

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By evilvegeta74

That cage looked like the one from the the Ultimates 2 Dvd that was holding Bruce Banner when the chitauri invaded, or maybe it's just my imagination!

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@evilvegeta74 said:

That cage looked like the one from the the Ultimates 2 Dvd that was holding Bruce Banner when the chitauri invaded, or maybe it's just my imagination!
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#13  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Kal'smahboi said:
    After seeing the movie again with this thought in mind, that's the only logical reason I could think of for the cage. Not to hold the Hulk, just stall him long enough to get him as far away from the Helicarrier as possible. xD

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.