Check out Thor and Captain America in Action Against Alien Invaders in 'The Avengers'

Posted by G-Man (30672 posts) - - Show Bio

This might be my favorite clip so far! Nothing else needs to be said except, watch this now!

The Avengers is in theaters on May 4.

Staff
#1 Edited by Sammo21 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

as much as I typically avoid these types of videos, The Avengers is the ultimate nerd movie of 2012. I cannot wait. I already purchased 9 tickets for the local midnight screening and some of us are dressing up! I can't wait.

Oh yeah, awesome clip is awesome.

#2 Posted by leokearon (1765 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good

#3 Posted by Lvenger (18462 posts) - - Show Bio

This looked so cool when I first saw it. Cap and Thor simultaneously retrieving shield and hammer is the best clip I've seen so far.

#4 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14402 posts) - - Show Bio

So much win. Can't wait for this

#5 Posted by Batwipe (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know. It looks kind of goofy. The Chitauri in MILLAR'S THE ULTIMATES Vol 1 were FAR more menacing. One would think that a technologically advanced alien race would be smarter than they're depicted here.

Still, word of mouth for this movie is spectacularly positive so I'll go see it. And Chris Evans is hot as hell.

#6 Posted by bloggerboy (543 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good but so far from what I've seen The Avengers has no love for Captain America. He gets kicked or outspoken by everyone else it seems. His goofy helmet (missing here though) doesn't help much either.

#7 Posted by noj (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

It almost seems like theyre releasing too many previews and clips. By the time the movie comes out 1/2 the film will be spoiled. So I thik Im going to avoid all clips from now on.......after this one though.

#8 Posted by Doomsday65 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I have taken the day of may 4th off and will be there to watch this movie. I never thought that I would be watching a live action Avengers movie. EEEEEEE Can't wait!!!!

#9 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

...just two more weeks...TWO WEEKS!!!

#10 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

I've also booked the the 26th April off, which is when the film opens in the UK.

#11 Posted by Sammo21 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batwipe: eh, the Chitauri really never came off as menacing to me. More just shady dudes who could shapeshift. Also, I don't think we ever got a clear look at them outside of the Hulk ripping one apart. In the animated Ultimate movies they came off as mostly just standard aliens.

#12 Posted by deadpool25mm (579 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool, cant wait for this!!!

@noj:hh true.

#13 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! but I can't wait to see the whole battle, it looks like these guys have been fighting for a long time when this clip starts, look how dirty and beat up they look

#14 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7594 posts) - - Show Bio

Can not wait at all :D

#15 Posted by dewboy01 (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

Skrulls? Dire wraiths? Kree? who?
#16 Posted by MrMazz (1154 posts) - - Show Bio

Good totally out of context clip but OMG Captain America and THOR are on screen together

#17 Posted by Namor1987 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio

I've got a intelligent question that hasn't been asked yet . How do we know its only 1 army & not multiple armies? Yes Loki said he had a army but that doesn't exclude an outside force or 3rd party from taking advantage of this situation. I'm starting to think it's ARMIES not ARMY.

#18 Posted by feargalr (1154 posts) - - Show Bio

I only have to wait 10 more days till I can see this :)

And this is your favourite clip G-man?!

What about the Hulk catching Iron man! I'm still looking for my jaw after watching that

#19 Posted by JamDamage (1110 posts) - - Show Bio

something cheesy about this. I can't place it yet.

#20 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and Captain America: Marvel Badass Team up

#21 Posted by battlexlordx (314 posts) - - Show Bio

weren't they fighting loki's army of are there move than one big bad in the film.

#22 Posted by Chanceskee (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I had the opportunity to catch the advance screening two days ago and just have to say there are so many throw-down scenes its so hard to pick which ones were my favourite. I was also skeptical about Black Widow and Hawkeye in the movie. They just seem like characters that wouldn't be able to hold their own in a invasion-type situation but they proved me wrong. an the hulk/mark ruffalo. Dopest character! Haha so many funny scenes... And when you least expect it too. Pure awesome. The hard part now is, how do these characters go back to filming solo movies? I'm already hanging out for the sequel. Going to have to check it out again when it's released.

#23 Posted by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamDamage said:

something cheesy about this. I can't place it yet.

How about Captain America getting put down by a gun. He didn't even attempt to doge it.

That is not ubermensch! That is uber-Vulnerability.

#24 Posted by Onemoreposter (3953 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, going to be the black sheep and say I don't care much for this clip. Thor looks depowered and Captain America looks inept. we shall see

#25 Posted by happypup70 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batwipe: We don't know they are chitari. I would put money on them being apart of the nine realm, like dark elves or trolls or something. Or perhaps from the negative zone the Tyannans. Everybody who worked on this movie and talked about the army they said they weren't skrulls. Most likely the people who own the rights to the fantastic four movies snagged up the skrulls as part of the deal. There would probably be a legal battle if they used the skrulls or an analogue in this movie.

#26 Posted by jack16ichigo (453 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how Thor casually catches his hammer at the end.

#27 Posted by mickoreo_LZ (250 posts) - - Show Bio

@dewboy01 said:

Skrulls? Dire wraiths? Kree? who?

Chitauri. Less cool Ultimate version of the Skrulls basically.

You know Marvel has really done something special. The mere fact that 6 heroes played by well-known actors coming together in one film is just crazy. Never thought I'd see the day

#28 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice!

#29 Posted by viin (547 posts) - - Show Bio

as we get closer to this movie i seem to get farther and farther from it...i just want to see some hawkeye and black widow stuff..

#30 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@happypup70 said:

@Batwipe: We don't know they are chitari. I would put money on them being apart of the nine realm, like dark elves or trolls or something. Or perhaps from the negative zone the Tyannans. Everybody who worked on this movie and talked about the army they said they weren't skrulls. Most likely the people who own the rights to the fantastic four movies snagged up the skrulls as part of the deal. There would probably be a legal battle if they used the skrulls or an analogue in this movie.

Actually, Joss Whedon has confirmed it, and I've asked people who've seen it. It's the Chitauri.

#31 Posted by dadarkknight36310 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamDamage: I agree something just does not look right about this clip at all. Maybe because of what some people have talked about in their reviews about this looking like a made for tv movie. Since,Whedon is more of a tv guy I can see the film looking that way. Also for some reasons the way they look in their costumes with the lighting and all it makes the movie look really cheesy. Maybe they should have battle at night or something.

#32 Posted by dadarkknight36310 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway I just want to see the film because of the Hulk.

#33 Edited by The Impersonator (5075 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't watch any of these spoiled clips. I'm waiting for the whole big showdown. =P

#34 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait

#35 Posted by Z3RO180 (6333 posts) - - Show Bio

ohh man ive geeked all over my couch...

#36 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a pretty epic fight that Cap and Thor have against those Chitauri Skrull!

#37 Posted by Unnbreakable (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@bloggerboy: Yea I worry they will down play Cap as the best leader and his combat ability

#38 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7591 posts) - - Show Bio

I like k4tz thread better.

#39 Posted by homeslice (178 posts) - - Show Bio

@bloggerboy said:

Looks good but so far from what I've seen The Avengers has no love for Captain America. He gets kicked or outspoken by everyone else it seems. His goofy helmet (missing here though) doesn't help much either.

This.

#40 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11136 posts) - - Show Bio

Excited. So. Excited.

#41 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a new clip.

#42 Posted by Iron Fist Angel (229 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannot wait for this movie but I must admit the CGI enemies look a little......off. I know we're not quite there with perfect human movement when using CGI, but it's noticeably weak here.

Movie's still going to rock though. I honestly never thought we'd get an ensemble superhero movie like this. Marvel should be commended for making it all work.

#43 Posted by Iron Fist Angel (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@dadarkknight36310 said:

@JamDamage: I agree something just does not look right about this clip at all. Maybe because of what some people have talked about in their reviews about this looking like a made for tv movie. Since,Whedon is more of a tv guy I can see the film looking that way. Also for some reasons the way they look in their costumes with the lighting and all it makes the movie look really cheesy. Maybe they should have battle at night or something.

Yes, that's it! It kind of has that lower-budget T.V. look to it. I knew there was something bugging me about it. It does kind of look cheesy.

#44 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

the aliens look like the skrulls

#45 Posted by D_Knight (65 posts) - - Show Bio

me: cpt got shot...if only he had some sort of metal protective device...

thor: like a hammer? pew pew pew

#46 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio

there are soo many different trailers soon i wont have to the movies.. i'll be able to piece it all together with all the different trailers lol

#47 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Thor get his powers from his hammer in the movie?

LOL Iron Man got headbutted, whiles his did little effect to hor.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.