Awesome Toy Picks: 'The Avengers' Chitauri Footsoldier

Posted by G-Man (30304 posts) - - Show Bio

Each week we turn the spotlight on a cool comic book collectible. Once we track one down, we open up the packaging to get a closer look at what it's like inside. This week's is an action figure from Marvel Select.

Remember that really cool movie that was out in theaters earlier this year? The Avengers was a huge success and has finally made it to Blu-ray and DVD. One of the big questions was who was the alien species that Loki would be teaming up with? We eventually found out it was the Chitauri.

If you're familiar with the Marvel Select figures, you know the figures come in a nice big package. You can see that this is a figure for the movie as it has the logo and character images from the film.

The side of the package has a nice large image of the figure if you decide to keep it inside and want the package on display. The back of the package also has a nice write up to let you know what this footsoldier dude is about.

The real question is, what is this figure like out of the packaging?

As with the other Marvel Select figures, it's a solid and heavy figure. With his huge hands and feet, there's plenty of places you could set him up for display.

These figures usually come with some sort of accessory. This figure has what looks like a balcony railing. That makes sense in some ways since they did attack New York City. What makes the railing cool is it does look like worn metal. Again, it adds to the display value of the figure.

Another cool thing about this figure is they didn't just make a generic 'footsoldier' figure. What I mean is he has some battle damage. You can see his helmet has some scratches on it. He's seen some action and that looks way cooler than a nice crisp and clean figure.

That's it for this week. Now that we have this Chitauri footsoldier, perhaps we should look at some Avengers figures as well to keep the office safe from this alien scum. We'll see what next week brings us.

Staff
#1 Posted by AlKusanagi (591 posts) - - Show Bio

That railing may be the one from the scene where cap saves the civilians trapped in the building (bank?).

#2 Edited by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing about the Chitauri Foot soldier figure is you have to have more than one if you want to set up your figures on display... This should be cheaper. Nicely detailed figure though

#3 Posted by SoA (4673 posts) - - Show Bio

i feel this may be the first comicvine article that has trolled me.

#4 Posted by HistoryInRust (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@AlKusanagi said:

That railing may be the one from the scene where cap saves the civilians trapped in the building (bank?).

I think you're totally on the money.

#5 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3710 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA:

I don`t know what you mean, but that sounds funny.

#6 Posted by randalmeister (84 posts) - - Show Bio

This is pretty cool. Man, action figures have come a long way in quality since I was a kid!

#7 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14586 posts) - - Show Bio

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#8 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17509 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks like a pretty cool figure.Though he could of come with one of the weapons they use in the movie.

#9 Posted by D_Knight (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, Jesse Bradford and Lizzy Caplan give him back his gun!

#10 Posted by bladewolf (604 posts) - - Show Bio

If he had an actual weapon I think it'd be a better figure

#11 Posted by crazyflashfan11 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@HistoryInRust said:

@AlKusanagi said:

I think you're totally on the money.

yep

#12 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

This Chitauri approves!

#13 Posted by TheSmallvillefan12 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

Great pics as usual!

#14 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd totally buy this if it had gear and a removable mask. By itself though, it's just not cool enough to warrant me buying one. But that's just me.

#15 Posted by grenade728 (748 posts) - - Show Bio

Very Cool Figure!

#16 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Great detail, of course, it has to deal with the movie lol

#17 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

1, it needs the weapon. 2, it is obvious they used the opening of the film as reference, not the last third when the face was exposed!

#18 Posted by CommanderZx2 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

It should have come with a weapon, but I am going to guess that it didn't as it would be unable to hold it with a hand grip like that.

#19 Posted by mightypug78 (315 posts) - - Show Bio

meh.. thats all i can muster.

#20 Posted by VictorVonDoom_1 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

This Chitauri approves!

YES!

#21 Posted by ccraft (5015 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on Comic Vine 1 post a day isnt enough!!!

#22 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (660 posts) - - Show Bio

@D_Knight said:

Damn, Jesse Bradford and Lizzy Caplan give him back his gun!

Heh. Good one.

#23 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio

So those alien things have names?

#24 Posted by badak_jantan (12 posts) - - Show Bio

too expensive in my country :(

#25 Edited by DSTZach (2 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the railing from the Pershing Square overpass in New York City, where most of the final battle takes place. Hawkeye has a connecting piece, so you can build a longer railing if you buy both, or even multiple Chitauri.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.