Follow

The Avengers

Movie » The Avengers released on May 04, 2012.

When a threat is too much for one of the earth's most powerful heroes, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye with the help of Nick Fury (and a few others) must band together to form The Avengers.

Avenger's Review

MARVELousMary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By MARVELousMary

I'd give the new Marvel Avenger's movie 3 stars. It wasn't as good as I had hoped and anticipated. The supporting characters' comic relief lacked wit, and was extremely predictable. I did enjoy the action scenes and the special effects. I was also disappointed that Hawkeye's costume didn't follow the comics, and that they changed the Black Widow's real name. Also, I really wish they would have stuck with the original Avenger's line up, and had Ant Man, that was disappointing. I'd recommend it for someone who isn't into comics, or really knows anything about the characters' history, but for someone who's big on technicality, it will be a disappointment to them. However, there are a lot of comic references and phrases that the characters use, that only a true comic reader would understand, so that was appreciated. One more disappointment: it was sad that my dad and I were some of the only ones in the theater that laughed when Stan Lee made his cameo, and little remark about superheroes in New York. I would have expected people to know more about the movie they are going to see, but I guess that wasn't the case.

revbucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By revbucky

Thanks for the review MARVELousMary, and thanks for the tickets to see it in glorious 3D on the opening day!! Yes, like you, I expected more people to cheer/laugh/etc when Stan Lee made his comical cameo. I hope that Ant-Man and the Wasp replace Hawkeye and the Black Widow in the next movie. I'm sure there will be a sequel since it grossed over two-hundred-million dollars over the weekend. It's sure to shatter previously held box office records if it continues at its opening pace.

No Caption Provided
    revbucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By revbucky

And thanks for the cool t-shirt too. I love it!!!!

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.