Follow

The Avengers

Movie » The Avengers released on May 04, 2012.

When a threat is too much for one of the earth's most powerful heroes, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye with the help of Nick Fury (and a few others) must band together to form The Avengers.

Avengers Footage at D23 (possible spoilers)

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Chaos Burn

Thanks to Cinemablend at http://www.cinemablend.com/new/The-Avengers-Assemble-In-New-Footage-Shown-At-D23-26342.html

The first D23, which was held back in the summer of 2009, was held just a few weeks early. After the expo news broke that the Walt Disney Company had made a deal with Marvel Comics that would see all of the upcoming Marvel Studio films after Captain America: The First Avenger fall under the Disney umbrella. Now, however, it’s 2011 and with the mega superhero team-up blockbuster The Avengers set to arrive in theaters next May, the studio has taken the opportunity to show fans the first extended footage from the movie.

Just a few minutes ago I left the arena section of the Anaheim Convention Center having seen the footage. The select screening went over huge with the crowd and while I watched with my mouth agape, I took down notes of everything I saw. Without further ado, a recap of the Avengers footage from D23:

The footage begins with Loki (Tom Hiddleston) entering a big round cage with glass walls. Behind him doors with pneumatic locks seal behind him and we see Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) walking over to a control panel. Fury says, “In case it’s unclear, if you try to escape, if you so much as scratch that glass…” Fury presses a button and a huge hole opens beneath the cell. Inside the hole you can see dark clouds and lightning – they are in the helicarrier. Nick Fury continues “that’s 30,000 feet straight down a stainless steel tube.” Never changing expression, Loki compliments Fury on his jail, calling it “an impressive cage” and recognizing that it wasn’t built for him. Loki stares into a security camera and we see the various members of the Avengers, including Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo), Captain America (Chris Evans), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders) watching him in various monitors. Fury responds that it’s built for something a lot stronger. Loki understands, saying “a mindless beast makes play he’s still a man,” referring to Hulk.

Fury then begins to admonish Loki for his crimes, accusing the villain of threatening the world with war, stealing incredible power and killing just for fun, adding that he’s “made [him] very desperate.” Loki then begins to talk about S.H.I.E.L.D’s plans for the tesseract, using it as a “warm glow for all of mankind” and says that it must burn Fury to be so close to real power. As he leaves, Fury says, “Let me know if the real power wants a magazine.” In the meeting room with all of the Avengers, Banner jokes, “He really grows on you.”

The scene then cuts to Fury in the meeting room at another point in the film, providing the details about the Avenger initiative. He talks about assembling a group of remarkable people ready to come together to fight battles that no one else could. A quick flashing montage show various battle scenes such as Thor hitting Captain America’s shield with Mjolnir and Iron Man and Cap engaged in hand to hand battle.

We then see Tony Stark pouring himself a drink behind a bar talking. “Let’s get a headcount,” he says. They have two assassins – quick clips of Hawkeye and Black Widow doing their thing – a demi-God – Thor rocking out with his hammer out – and a living legend who actually lives up to the legend - We see Cap looking at a locker with his new uniform – “and you, big fella, have managed to piss off all of them.” It’s revealed that Stark is talking to Loki, who responds to the billionaire’s threats by saying, “I have an army.” Stark quickly replies, “We have a Hulk.” The screen is filled with a huge, green face that lets out a giant roar. The title card shows up and the crowd goes nuts. May 4th cannot get here soon enough.

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Whisper_

This just gets better and better. 

DPNugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By DPNugget

Never been more excited from footage I've never seen before. By the description alone I'm even more excited and optimistic for the movie then i was before. 

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chaos Burn
    @DPNugget: well, ill upload the video if it leaks on the internet!
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By DH69

every time i see disney attached to anything from marvel i just get sicker and sicker, i knew they wouldn't stick to that whole "we'll keep our hands out of your cookie jar" promise they made

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chaos Burn
    @DH69: still looks like a good movie....
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By DH69
    @Chaos Burn said:
    @DH69: still looks like a good movie....

true but its still gonna make my skin crawl when i see disneys logo at the beginning of the movie. that and the pg-13 plasma weapons they're gonna be using like in cap.
    howlettgrowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By howlettgrowl
    @Chaos Burn: did the video come out yet???
    Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Chaos Burn
    @DH69: actually i thought the whole disintergration was pretty scary!
    @howlettgrowl: sorry, looks like they sealed it up tight! there are lots of interviews with the cast though

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.