Avengers 2 Discussion (spoilers)

#1 Posted by Chaos Burn (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

So, by now you guys across the pond in USA should've seen the Avengers, and absolutely loved it, but I'd really like to hear what everyone wants in Avengers 2?

- New Heroes? I'd love to see Black Panther or Ms. Marvel

- Villains? Obviously Thanos, but will we see the infitiy gems?!

- Setting? I hope it isn't too space-themed, I hate heroes dressed up in space suits

- I want more Whedon, whatever he did for Avengers, he better do it again for Avengers 2!

- Less SHIELD? since Stark looks like he is building Avengers tower, perhaps we'll see less involvement from SHIELD?

what do you guys think we'll see / want to see in a sequel?

#2 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think too many other heroes should be added. I think three or four the most, we don't want to have an even bigger cast. But if we do get less shield involvement that could work because then that gets rid of a couple of characters. I think good avengers too add would be Black Panther, Antman, Wasp, Ms.Marvel, or Dr.Strange. Currently I believe all of these characters have movies somewhere in production except for Ms.Marvel. Iron-fist also has a movie being worked on, just saying.

#3 Posted by Duncan (11440 posts) - - Show Bio

Some other environment than New York.

#4 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2194 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotation of characters. Just like the same roster of Avengers don't partake in every mission, they don't all need the same focus in the next movie. Obviously, Cap and Iron Man have to be there, but it isn't crucial for Hawkeye to be in the entire movie. A five minute cameo, and bring in a new character.

#5 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
  • New Heroes- Well, considering that there may be some new faces in the Thor, Cap, Iron Man, and Hulk sequels, as well as in the Dr. Strange and Ant-Man films slated hopefully before Avengers 2, I'd like to see Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Hank Pym, Wasp, Black Panther, Vision, and/or Ms. Marvel. Obviously they aren't going to have a roster of 8 or more, so a rotating roster, while keeping the big four (Cap, Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk) would be their best shot. If they must get rid of Hulk, they could do so, but I gotta tell ya: Hulk stole the show. Other characters I'd like to see in the MCU (and not necessarily part of the Avengers) are: Dr. Strange, Namor, Punisher, Blade, Winter Soldier, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Falcon, and Moon Knight.
  • Villain(s)- Personally, as much as I'd love to see Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet/Gems, I think it would be smarter to save him for last. He's a huge villain. If the Avengers can beat him by the sequel, then there really couldn't be anything that they couldn't beat at all, lol. That being said, I want Ultron. When/if the Ant-Man film introduces Ultron, that'd be the perfect lead-in to the Avengers' next big threat. If not Ultron, then I'd either want Kang (so we can get some time travel up in here) or The Masters of Evil (Baron Zemo, Whiplash, Enchantress, Executioner, Abomination, and Whirlwind).
  • Setting(s)- They could do space, NYC again, the Negative Zone, or whatever. Just as long as we get to see some form of an Avengers HQ, whether it's Stark Tower or Avengers Mansion (which I know they'd never do, lol)

Others-

• No Joss Whedon = No go. He's the mastermind behind the HUGE success. Without him, there'd be no point.
  • I agree. Less SHIELD. I'm more interested in the superheroes than what SHIELD's agenda is. Give them their own movie.
#6 Posted by BurningDoom1 (187 posts) - - Show Bio

***SPOILERS TO AVENGERS FILM AHEAD***

So we know that Thanos will be the major villain in the next movie. What plot do you think they're gonna with? One already established in the comics, or a new one? And if it from an established story, which one? When he tried to snuff out the stars with the Soul Gems? When used the Cosmic Cube to become one with the entire universe? The Infinity Gauntlet affair?

Will we see other cosmic characters like Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Adam Warlock, or (hopefully) Pip the Troll?

Will he enlist the aid of other villains? Gamora, Magus, and Mephisto have been allies of Thanos before.

Man, just thought of Thanos as the villain has me so excited! All the possibilities of the oh-so awesome cosmic corner of the Marvel Universe, brought to the big screen!

#7 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@BurningDoom1: Hopefully he'll either be the main baddie of Guardians of the Galaxy or they'll introduce all the Infinity Gems in the next movies (Thor 2, Iron Man 3, etc).

The more I think about it, I really want a Ms. Marvel movie introducing both Carol and Captain Mar-Vell. Or, they could introduce Rick Jones (a character we've never seen before) in the next Hulk (2015) and have him tie into Captain Mar-Vell. Either way, I really want to see Mar-Vell, lol.

#8 Posted by BurningDoom1 (187 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@BurningDoom1: Hopefully he'll either be the main baddie of Guardians of the Galaxy or they'll introduce all the Infinity Gems in the next movies (Thor 2, Iron Man 3, etc).

The more I think about it, I really want a Ms. Marvel movie introducing both Carol and Captain Mar-Vell. Or, they could introduce Rick Jones (a character we've never seen before) in the next Hulk (2015) and have him tie into Captain Mar-Vell. Either way, I really want to see Mar-Vell, lol.

I'd be happy with all of those ideas.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.