Agent Coulson Finally Gets a Poster for 'The Avengers'

Posted by G-Man (18881 posts) - - Show Bio

A couple weeks ago, Disney and Marvel released six posters showing the Avengers fighting along side another teammate. There was one person missing from those posters, Agent Phil Coulson.

There might be some that would argue he isn't really a member of the the Avengers so that explains why he wasn't featured. Well, Nick Fury and Maria Hill had their own. How much of a role will Hill play in the movie? That's actually been a topic of discussion in a meeting we had at the office.

Fans of Agent Coulson can rejoice as it's finally been revealed that he will in fact get his own poster.

I guess now it's a matter of whether or not movie theaters will feature this poster front and center or if they'll keep the Black Widow one up instead.

#1 Posted by Warren X (31 posts) - - Show Bio

About bloody time!!

#2 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7956 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, good to see him get his own

#3 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

The Son of Coul is getting some face time. Good!

#4 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it that so few of the main characters have actual superpowers..........or at least a super suit? Coulson is cool and all but I don't want him or Hill for that matter to be front and center enough to have their own poster

#5 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY!!

#6 Posted by tonis (6183 posts) - - Show Bio

excellent, I like Clark Gregg's acting and I think he brings a more light hearted comedic mood to the whole project.

If pressed though as to which poster I'd like to stare at though, it's Widow all the way :)

#7 Posted by thanosrules (546 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice to see Fury's "Wolf" get a poster.

#8 Posted by cattlebattle (13347 posts) - - Show Bio

They'll give anyone a poster these days

#9 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

fake wiener

#10 Posted by jubilee042 (1345 posts) - - Show Bio

yay

#11 Posted by Ganthetsward20 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling that Coulson is going to be my favorite character in this movie, so Im pumped they have a poster for him!

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Fury is pulling something out of Coulson's butt.

This poster is now ruined for you.

#13 Posted by Billy Batson (58309 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

lmao, awesome.
BB

#14 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

COULSON IS A SKRULL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think coulsons weird demeanor is a sign of him being an LMD (life model decoy)

#16 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's the Coulson rap ?

#17 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (1886 posts) - - Show Bio

Everybody knows that Agent Coulson is a badass, this proves it.

#18 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is Cobie's poster? :(

#19 Edited by Anime_DVD_UK (1 posts) - - Show Bio

im glad to see that he has his own poster now. he is part of The Avengers, though his not a hero with a special power, but he is a hero in his own simple way. we in otakucastle.com are very excited to see it in the silver screen ;)

#20 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

Where is Cobie's poster? :(

She was on Nick Fury's poster. Avengers would be her first movie hence why they are focusing on those who are known. Most already had one movie, or appeared in another movie (Looking at you, Hawkeye.) But who knows. Maybe she'll get one too.

#21 Posted by feargalr (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

So pumped for this movie

#22 Posted by TDK_1997 (15068 posts) - - Show Bio

Coulson is a guy that I don't like.Why did he get his own poster?

#23 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

He dies I'm calling it now.

#24 Posted by Outside_85 (10240 posts) - - Show Bio

Son of Colu....OMG BRAINIAC INVADES MARVEL!

#25 Posted by leokearon (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

The MOST important Marvel Character Ever in the History of Marvel according to Marvel :D

#26 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34974 posts) - - Show Bio

hella cool

#27 Posted by AlKusanagi (652 posts) - - Show Bio

Show Peter Parker's new principal some respect!!!

#28 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Four years ago, first Iron Man movie, I thought this guy was douch-us ignoramus...now I'm this guy's biggest fan. ::Breaks out into cheer:: Coulson! Coulson! Coulson! Soooo curious as to what we can look forward to with him in the film. Ugh is it May yet??

#29 Posted by The Impersonator (5620 posts) - - Show Bio

@Warren X said:

About bloody time!!

#30 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7554 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he deserves a poster. Especially because he will probably play a bigger part in the Avengers movie.

#31 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

The Son of Coul is getting some face time. Good!

Hahahaha!

#32 Posted by Sky_Jokiel (304 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

This ^^

#33 Posted by ninjadude853 (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Clearly the most important character in the movie.

Godspeed Coulson.

#34 Posted by TheGoddamBatman (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did they make him look really old?

#35 Posted by CATPANEXE (9357 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure if because they had a Coulson cinematic universe comic recently that they tried promoting heavily, but definitely certain that...

@haydenclaireheroes said:

I think he deserves a poster. Especially because he will probably play a bigger part in the Avengers movie.

That. Something tells me it's going to be a bit of a surprise even with his character...

#36 Posted by THEBlaqueBasterd (383 posts) - - Show Bio

he is probably gonna be the administrator/laison for the the Avengers to SHIELD but also has a few surpises up his sleeve.. if you've noticed in his appearances he doesnt get fazed by ANYTHING.. Billionaire Playboys OR "Demi-Gods" so hes the ideal link-man between the two organisations

#37 Posted by fourawesome (10 posts) - - Show Bio

haha looks like a spy kids poster

#38 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of wish they'd shown him doing something less "action pose-y". It would fit the character better if he was, I dunno, cleaning up after a fight or filing paperwork or something. I mean, yeah he's a badass but the whole point is that he's a badass without making you think he's a badass.

@Ganthetsward20 said:

I have a feeling that Coulson is going to be my favorite character in this movie, so Im pumped they have a poster for him!

It's easy to fall for the comic straight man. He and RDJ were great, and I hope they can have similar moments with him and the rest of the cast. He should be humorously exasperated by everything punctuated by moments of extreme badass that he then ignores.

@nonfiction91 said:

I still think coulsons weird demeanor is a sign of him being an LMD (life model decoy)

That would be interesting. Not sure if I'd like that or be annoyed by it. It would depend on how they implemented it.

#39 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, he's kind of the film Avengers version of Jarvis.

#40 Posted by KidSupreme (826 posts) - - Show Bio

They are gonna make a movie on Agent Coulson!! :D

#41 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: well, he really is one of those characters that producers don't expect to catch a fan-base.Really the guy hasn't done too much except get smacked by the destroyer and be on scene at these events. So if he is an LMD he is probably used like a bomb bot that finds IED's and disarms them so the actual people aren't harmed,that being why nick fury never handles these personally. Well... one reason out of about 5 why he's never there, anyway :P

second post by @fodigg: yeah now that you say that he's more Jarvis than anything, just liaison instead of butler, but he still basically cleans up their messes. It's funny that Avengers Coulsons' more Jarvis than Avengers Jarvis. XD

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.