12 New High Res Photos from 'The Avengers'

Posted by G-Man (31686 posts) - - Show Bio

At next week's New York Comic-Con, new never-before-seen footage will be unveiled. In the meantime, while doing a simple search online, we came across these images from the Spanish movie blog Marvel-Heros.blogspot.com. Needless to say, they are pretty amazing.

But wait, there's more, including Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill. Click each to enlarge.

== TEASER ==

I didn't think it was possible to get even more excited about 'The Avengers' next May.

Staff
#1 Posted by LordTaronji101 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

hell ya

#2 Posted by Crimson Eagle (1838 posts) - - Show Bio

Every time new photos surface, the more excited I get. :)

#3 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

We need a Hulk pic!!

#4 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
Reaching maximum capacity for expectations.  
Please do not add more or the container will overload.
#5 Posted by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh "How I met your Maria Hill".

Yes, I love Jacoba!

That's Colbie Smulders real name for those that don't know.

#6 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

awwwwwwwwwwww ya

#7 Posted by n25philly (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Great stuff, especially "Chris Evans stares at floor", "Robert Downy Jr's ear", "Camera Picture of Camera Picture", "Back of director's head", and of course "Scarlett Johanson gets news of leaked photos"

#8 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet is that the Quinjet Hawkeye is getting ready to fly? I can't remember the last week where I didn't see a feature somewhere on new Avengers pics but this is awesome.

#9 Posted by freezy (10 posts) - - Show Bio

cool :)

#10 Posted by Golden Cod (420 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay Maria Hill! She's one of the few Bendis-created characters that I love.

#11 Posted by Namor1987 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Or35ti: My thoughts exactly. I wonder if Hawkeye will be the team's pilot. I figured Steve would be piloting the Quinjet since he's the soldier of the team. But I love the Thor picture

#12 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Really like the redesign of Thor's costume.

#13 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, they made Cobie Smulders really look like Maria Hill! Good job! And would that just be the funniest thing if that pic of Clinton Barton shows him piloting a movie version of the Quinjet? Who's with me?? Man these pics are wonderful...

#14 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure is interesting!

#15 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Namor1987: Hawkeye as the team's pilot would be so awesome :)

#16 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wished they gave Black Widow longer hair. lol

#17 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Thor's classic sleeveless look. Makes him look more threatening.

#18 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

WOO COLBIE!

#19 Posted by Grand Marvelous (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Never be satisfied with Chris Evans as Cap..... 

:(

#20 Posted by Namor1987 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio

@xhavoc86 said:

Long hair is sexy on her. @TheMess1428 said:

Yeah he's an intimidating figure when showing off his muscles. I wonder if they're going to reference Pym & Wasp. I'd love to see them have Pym working on the Pym Particles to hopefully setup his role in the next film or him designing Ultron.

#21 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, these pics look really good!!! =)

Can't wait for this movie to come out!!!

#22 Edited by The Mast (782 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish they gave Black Widow many things: an accent, character depth and a better actress than Scarlet. She's the one thing I don't like about this cast, beside Ruffalo as Banner.

#23 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

@Namor1987 said:

@xhavoc86 said:

Yeah he's an intimidating figure when showing off his muscles. I wonder if they're going to reference Pym & Wasp. I'd love to see them have Pym working on the Pym Particles to hopefully setup his role in the next film or him designing Ultron.

They probably do have them in the movie but are keeping them a secret.

#24 Posted by Namor1987 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMess1428 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@xhavoc86 said:

Probably a easter egg or cameo.

#25 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

@Namor1987 said:

@TheMess1428 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@xhavoc86 said:

That's what I was thinking. Kinda like Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury in Iron Man 1.

#26 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

why does  joss whedon  look like  , hector hammon  post  paralax controlled?

#27 Posted by Namor1987 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMess1428 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@TheMess1428 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@xhavoc86 said:

That's what I was thinking. Kinda like Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury in Iron Man 1.

I could easily see Pym working on the Helicarrier looking through a microscope being identified as Professor Pym or building Ultron in a scene in the background

#28 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

@Namor1987 said:

@TheMess1428 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@TheMess1428 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@xhavoc86 said:

I could easily see Pym working on the Helicarrier looking through a microscope being identified as Professor Pym or building Ultron in a scene in the background

Yeah like when they assumed Thor was being tortured in the same jail as the one Whiplash was in during Iron Man 2. Which was so BS.

#29 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mast said:

I wish they gave Black Widow many things: an accent, character depth and a better actress than Scarlet. She's the one thing I don't like about this cast, beside Ruffalo as Banner.

Yes, yes, and yes.

@Namor1987: She needs to keep up with Thor's sexy long locks dont you think? lol

#30 Posted by The Impersonator (5212 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie is gonna be f*cking sweet!

#31 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

I cried a little I'm so happy. It's weird I really like Caps new uniform but only when he doesn't have his mask on. Every pic of him with the mask on I'm very iffy about it. I will give Joss Whedon any vital organ of mine if he ever needed it.

#32 Edited by MrCipher (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda wishing they had called this Ultimate Avengers just so the die-hards could keep that straight. Little details like Hawkeye without a costume matter. Having Sam Jackson playing himself, er I mean Mace Windu, er I mean Punisher, er "The Angry Black Dude" I mean who the hell is he supposed to be? (Yea that's a poke at his marvelous and unending range of character ability) Sam Jackson was sort of expected in this "token non-white politically correct" society we have nowadays so that's no surprise.

Out of all the pics I've seen offered I still keep going back to the one mystery that keeps nagging me and I hope is on everyone's mind too; "where exactly IS the chin on the guy playing Hawkeye"? I've been looking and looking and looking and I have had no luck in locating it...maybe someone can find it for me?

#33 Edited by _Zombie_ (10379 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mast said:

This. Scarlet only really pulled off the stunts in Iron Man 2. Didn't feel like it was Natasha at all though. Looked and sounded like an American red-headed S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, not the lethal Russian beauty we know as Black Widow. And ever since I saw that pic of Ruffalo trying to look... urm.. 'brooding', my fears of him not being able to pull off Banner were made worse. Rest of the cast is great though, and the hi-res photos make the new Cap costume look much better.

#34 Posted by RareCheshire (190 posts) - - Show Bio

I know we won't see Hulk since he'll be done digitally, but I still want to see how'll he'll appear alongside the others.

#35 Edited by THEBlaqueBasterd (384 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrCipher: " Sam Jackson was sort of expected in this "token non-white politically correct" society we have nowadays so that's no surprise."

wtf are u even talkin about? Ultimate Nick Fury was BASED ON Samuel Jackson.. They even asked his permission to do so...smfh

#36 Posted by Wolverine_Logan (3 posts) - - Show Bio

tonys armor looks like sth made by plastic,steve rogers and thor,they r too young

#37 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Sux that I'm gonna be in basic when this comes out :(

#38 Edited by MrCipher (276 posts) - - Show Bio

@THEBlaqueBasterd: @THEBlaqueBasterd said:

@MrCipher: " Sam Jackson was sort of expected in this "token non-white politically correct" society we have nowadays so that's no surprise."

wtf are u even talkin about? Ultimate Nick Fury was BASED ON Samuel Jackson.. They even asked his permission to do so...smfh

Check out the wiki link here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Nick_Fury The original incarnation of Ultimate Nick Fury was NOT Sam Jackson. It was only until later that Jackson contacted Marvel and gave his permission after a second redesign on the character. There was no original initial collaboration between the actor and the character when Ultimates were first introduced. In fact, if you look at the picture posted at the link under Publication History, the character's redesign looks more like Chiwetel Ejifor's character "The Operative" from the movie Serenity although I don't believe there's a connection.

#39 Posted by Namor1987 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@The Mast said:

This. Scarlet only really pulled off the stunts in Iron Man 2. Didn't feel like it was Natasha at all though. Looked and sounded like an American red-headed S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, not the lethal Russian beauty we know as Black Widow. And ever since I saw that pic of Ruffalo trying to look... urm.. 'brooding', my fears of him not being able to pull off Banner were made worse. Rest of the cast is great though, and the hi-res photos make the new Cap costume look much better.

My thoughts exactly about Natasha i don't think they mentioned her being Russian or a femme fatale

#40 Posted by Full_Spectrum (1539 posts) - - Show Bio

While I still would have rather had Morena Baccarin as Maria Hill, I have no doubt that Colbie will do great. While I'm still psyched for this movie, I'm afraid my excitement (which has been smoldering since the first Iron Man was released) will flare up and burn out loong before the movie arrives. then when it finally gets here I'll just be like "eh". That would be tragic.

#41 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Maria Hill!! <3

#42 Posted by Oldskool (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, I REALLY can't wait to see this movie!! 
#43 Posted by StarvingGamer (5 posts) - - Show Bio

After HIMYM I really don't know if I'm going to be able to buy her in a serious role. I'll just keep seeing Robin's dumb laugh in the corner of my mind.

#44 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27084 posts) - - Show Bio

The more I see the less excited I am...

#45 Posted by WonderBoy1132 (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Good lord this movie better be good.

Joss Whedon don't let me down!

#46 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1711 posts) - - Show Bio

OHH MYY Scarlet looks so awesome and I knew that Cobie Smulders would look awesome as Maria !!! Really really excited about this movie !

#47 Posted by Cannonball56 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#48 Posted by Nia Wolf (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Nyaaa. I want to see Loki ˇ_ˇ;

#49 Posted by wingster (138 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.