The Amazing Spider-Man #6

• 65 results
    darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The fact that Black Cat's evil actually goes back to the Joe Kelly era where Felicia's bad luck powers were reinstated. We all know that in the past, Felicia's original bad luck powers caused a lot of grief between herself and Peter Parker because there were linked to the Kingpin. Now that Dr. Tramma restored them back to her, that's where the seeds to her villainy began because those powers actually are controlled by nanites, which also control brain functions. When Felicia turned on Dr. Tramma, she had put in a fail safe system in case her patient turns against her. You could say that Felicia's Bad Luck powers has made her into a puppet of the Kingpin. But I have a new name for the Bad Luck powers: The Superior Black Cat...

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

So it wasn't until this issue that I finally saw the obvious parallel between the character assassination happening with Felicia and what DC is doing with Selina... both companies taking their actually awesome female cat-based thief characters and turning them into unlikable criminal kingpins.

On a side note, I've been complaining about this for like a year now, but is there some trick to adding issues like this to lists? Because when I'm in the list and search "amazing spider-man 6," I wade through ten pages of other ASM 6** issues and it never even finds the latest ongoing. Similar problems for X-Men and many other rebooted franchises.

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By blackkitty

@darthfury78: I'd say you were correct if it wasn't for three factors. First, she's had her bad luck powers now for years and never experienced any significant change to her personality. So now I'm supposed to believe her bad luck powers just suddenly transformed her over night? Two, the reason for her change I can almost see as a feeling of betrayal and being driven insane by the knowledge she forgot who Spider-Man is, except again she's appeared since then and this never seemed to bother her. And the last part is the converation I had with Mr. Slott where he said he never saw Black Cat as a hero. She is a thief pure and simple. She has never been good and he felt her character needed a change to prevent her from "growing stale". The push he gave her of course was toward villain as he didn't see her as a hero. This of course makes no sense to me and seems to be spoken by someone who read her bio, not the actual issues she's been in or he'd see she's far closer to hero than villain. My concern with this is, when this sort of change happens to a main character it lasts for several months and they can change back. When it happens to a secondary character like Black Cat, there is little chance of redemption as she doesn't get featured enough. As sales will undoubtedly continue to stay where they are, people can complain all they want but nothing will happen as his actions are justified by the book sales.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

He IS unmasked.

That's a fact.

Tell me what happened :'[

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By darthfury78

@blackkitty:

And let's remember this: The Superior Black Cat might end up owning around 40% of Parker Industries. Therefore, Felicia Hardy will become Peter's boss, as well as the girlfriend of Sajani Jaffrey, who might as well be a lesbian. This will make things very complicated for Peter as he has to report to Catwoman Felicia Hardy.

Also, in addition, I believe that Dr. Tramma's nanites have altered Felicia's memories by overriding them with a program of the persona of Catwoman, whose a Thief that lives the social life with her ill-gotten gains. There have been a lot of complaints that Black Cat in recent years has acted more an more like DC's Catwoman. The mind change by Dr. Tramma might be responsible.

Let's remember that during the whole OMD/OMIT saga, Felicia was still her Pre-OMD self, even if she might not have her memories of Peter as Spider-Man. She was also a respective member of Heroes for Hire and had her own detective agency and security business. But once she got her bad luck powers restored by Dr. Tramma, all of that changed. Why was that? There is evidence to support my claim that Felicia's mind and past memories was retconned by Dr. Tramma. This would also explain why she said that her relationship with Flash Thompson only lasted a few seconds, while her relationship with Puma ended because of control issues, which were not true as he was loyal to her. This proves beyond a doubt that the Felicia that we have read about post BND to now was created by Dr. Tramma in the form of Superior Black Cat(aka Catwoman Felicia)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone spoil me, was he really unmasked or no

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Yes. But it's all too predictable.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@jayc1324 said:

Someone spoil me, was he really unmasked or no

He was unmasked on live TV.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@punyparker said:

He IS unmasked.

That's a fact.

Tell me what happened :'[

Jonah was broadcasting the "unmasking" ,Black Cat was doing the unmasking ,but he was standing in front of the camera and blocked the shot.... :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#62  Edited By PunyParker
    CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#63  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

Not sure if I'll be picking this issue up. It sounds interesting that Spiderman actually got unmasked (or at least from what I understand) though I agree with many. Spiderman is kinda like the village idiot. I get that he is jokey and all that though they are really make his jokey attitude more into a village idiot thing. Spiderman is one of their big name heroes yet in scenes with him he seems to more of the joke in the superhero community. He doesn't act like someone who has been one of the main heroes of the Marvel universe.

Also Black Cat seems out of it. She is almost kinda trying to hard to become a crime boss.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By darthfury78

Not sure if I'll be picking this issue up. It sounds interesting that Spiderman actually got unmasked (or at least from what I understand) though I agree with many. Spiderman is kinda like the village idiot. I get that he is jokey and all that though they are really make his jokey attitude more into a village idiot thing. Spiderman is one of their big name heroes yet in scenes with him he seems to more of the joke in the superhero community. He doesn't act like someone who has been one of the main heroes of the Marvel universe.

Also Black Cat seems out of it. She is almost kinda trying to hard to become a crime boss.

My theory is that Felicia's mind is being controlled by nanites, which also enhances her bad luck luck powers. This would mean that she's being controlled by Dr. Trauma, who might be working for the Kingpin. This might explain her out of character persona as Felicia's mind is not her own. I believe that this is a setup for the return of the Kingpin to power because he'll take it all away from her. After all, the Black Cat has never actually defeated the kingpin in the past. I doubt that she would do so now. The chance in her behavior is a similar reflection of of what happened to Spider-Man when the gold octobot put nanites into his head, allowing Dr. Ock to take control of Peter's body.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: Nice idea and it would be an interesting way to bring Kingpin back. What did happen to Kingpin? I'm kinda new to all the Marvel stuff though I don't think Kingpin has had many interactions with Daredevil recently. It'd be cool (depending on what exactly did happen to Wilson) to see him resurface in Daredevil.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazyscarecrow: The Kingpin was overthrown by the Superior Spider-Man when Otto destroyed his Shadowland operations. The seeds to Black Cat's current persona happened in ASM #606 which was her first appearance since OMD...

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: Thanks for the help man! I'm new to all the Spider-man stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.