thats it im done, dropping amazing spider man

#1 Posted by Thanatic (408 posts) - - Show Bio

no more peter parker...

im dropping it

#2 Posted by SmashBrawler (5946 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? You're not even going to give it a chance?

#3 Posted by Thanatic (408 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: no...

Peter Parker is Spider-Man, thats it....

i was somewhat ok with miles morales, because it was the ultimate universe

but mainstream, 616 no one can be spidey, besides Peter

#4 Posted by WinterFreakinSoldier (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Say it ain't so!!! Why are you doing this?!?! What about the children?!?!

#5 Posted by mpierce2690 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, well, it's probably still Peter Parker. Got a feeling it's gunna be more of a personality and/or "Peter Parker is dead and I will only ever be Spiderman from here on" change than an actual character change, so if I was you, I'd still buy the first issue or two before jumping off any bridges.

#6 Posted by danhimself (22623 posts) - - Show Bio

Slott's run has been nothing short of amazing....that being said....I do have some slight doubts about Superior Spider-man but as long as Slott is still writing it then I'm still on board

#7 Posted by SuperStarKirby (126 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm almost with you. I'm interested in Parker's story, but... I dunno. I feel like a darker Spider-Man story as a result of Peter's changes would be far more interesting than any random guy taking up the mantle, but I'll pick up Superior #1 to see how it goes. If I don't like it, so be it - I'll find something else.

#8 Posted by KillerZ (1609 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone will be dropping Amazing Spider-Man, because it will be renamed to Superior spider-Man.

#9 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

Quitting being Spider-Man is sort of his thing, hasn't it happened liek 20 times by now.

Also, bring back Ben Reilly.

Moderator Online
#10 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@KillerZ said:

Everyone will be dropping Amazing Spider-Man, because it will be renamed to Superior spider-Man.

You just won the thread.

#11 Posted by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

@fesak said:

Also, bring back Ben Reilly.

Seriously! Joke is over, bring him back already!

#12 Posted by FatFriar_16 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@KillerZ said:

You just won the thread.

Exactly.

#13 Posted by AD47575 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@KillerZ: yeah lol

#14 Posted by allthatsgeek (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@KillerZ said:

*handshake* You win the internet.

#15 Posted by SpideyFan113 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah um, no offense. But I'm pretty sure you're overreacting. Yes Peter not being Spidey anymore sucks majorly, noone was more pissed off than me when it was announced. BUt now, I'm gonna give it a chance and I'm actually excited for 699 and 700 now. And this is coming from the Spidey psycho that has Spide-rman literally on every inch on every wall of his room.

#16 Posted by DalekDoctor2011 (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thanatic: @KillerZ said:

You should wait and see what happens first

#17 Edited by everclear1981 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I read it early. Trust me, your gonna hate the end. I have no problem with having a different spider-man. Ultimate Spider-man has been great and Miles is slowly becoming a good character. I have a problem with this ending that they gave people that is insulting to the character and is one of the worst things since Brand New Day. Do not buy this... Trust me.

#18 Edited by DalekDoctor2011 (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@everclear1981: I know what happens but I'm still gonna get in but I won't be reading Superior, I probably switch to Ultimate Spider-Man instead

#19 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone who drops it; good on you. You are doing far more good than those who blindly buy a series because they believe it helps. 

#20 Posted by Mutated_jedi (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll probably read the 1st issue but I'll see what happens. I might just switch over to all x men titles though .

#21 Posted by Mutated_jedi (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Well there is the Ben Reilly exception.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.