inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    Kraven the Hunter is reborn, and Spider-Man is dead? What about the rest of the Spider-friends? Will they survive their time with the Kraven family?

The Good

This book has a lot of stuff I'd normally hate, but somehow it works incredibly well: resurrections, sons/daughters of heroes/villains, the switcheroo. No one stays dead in comics, ever. However, the idea of bringing a man back to life, who didn't want to live in the first place is something I don't think we've ever seen before, and yes, that aspect is discussed in the book. For me, a person who really liked Kraven as a child, I was so saddened to see him alive again, and only because he doesn't want to be here, but that added so much more to the story for me. Quick history lesson: During the late 90s, there existed the M2 universe inhabited with the sons and daughters of heroes and villains with cheesy names like J2 (Juggernaut's son). The books were bad, real bad, but here, we have much more than relatives, we have a family dynamic that is so blinded by what they want, they completely forget how Kraven originally died, by blowing his own head off. And onto the switcheroo, I don't want to get too into it because I'll blow the story, but this overused tv sitcom gimmick is actually done perfectly here because of who switches with who and how it plays in with the Kraven family. Lastly, the last page, or "reveal page" looks like it's setting up a kick (swear) last issue.

The Bad

I skimmed through the last issue and didn't really read it, but why is Chameleon in this book? I mean, I know how he plays into the plot. I gathered that from the recap page, but why does this character still exist. He's awful. Use somebody that isn't boring. The only other thing I didn't like about this book was the back-up story, and that's mainly because it's not a par with the main story of the book. It wasn't interesting, nor was it that great of a read. When you find yourself skimming through the back-up story, you know something is wrong.

The Verdict 4/5

This book really surprises me. I may not have liked part 2 of this story, but this issue completely surprised me. There's a lot of elements that, traditionally, I hate to see in books or films, but this issue proved to me that I don't have to hate the elements themselves, but merely the people writing it. This issue did a lot of things write in my opinion, and once again, even though I've never really liked Spider-Man, this book is continuously one of the best books at Marvel. 
    CaptainUseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By CaptainUseless

Kraven's back! Wooo!!

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By goldenkey

Kraven needs new pants tho.  He reminds of some older Italian women from the late 80;s early 90's walking around wairing to much hairspray, and virginia slim cigeretter dangling from her mouth and wairing a pair of leopard skin tight pants on.  He looks like the new member of the Village People with that mustache and pants.  Im waiting for him to break into YMCA
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I don't know who these people are... but they look famous. Maybe they're Kraven's grandkids
    leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By leokearon

The Chameleon is Kraven's (half) brother, but I really hope Kraven snogs the rifle again, Last Hunt was his only good story

KevinL007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KevinL007

I haven't gone to my LCS yet but on your question of why Chameleon is there it was revealed in the last issue that Chameleon posed as Ezekiel and with Mysterio's help was able to convince Spider-Man he was Ezekiel to let his guard down in the graveyard scene in the last issue.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @KevinL007 said:
    " I haven't gone to my LCS yet but on your question of why Chameleon is there it was revealed in the last issue that Chameleon posed as Ezekiel and with Mysterio's help was able to convince Spider-Man he was Ezekiel to let his guard down in the graveyard scene in the last issue. "
    I knew why, I just don't know why people put him in comics.
    Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Bobby X

G-Man is NOT going to be happy...
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Magian

I don't normally like resurrections but from what I see here it looks good.
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By shawn87
    @inferiorego said:
    "
       I don't know who these people are... but they look famous. Maybe they're Kraven's grandkids "
    lol that actually made me laugh pretty hard
    waruikumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By waruikumo

waht ?!??! 

I'm excited to read amazing spider-man again?!?!?!?! 

ok, now the pessimist,  how long to marvel gets greedy and screws the pooch?

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#11  Edited By The Impersonator

Chameleon is Kraven's half-brother. That's why he's in this book. He already played a part in the recent Kraven story arcs.
    cosmic master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cosmic master

I was dreading Kraven returning. Just seems rather unnecessary but I'll reserve my judgement until I actually read it

Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Benzo

I really can't wait to read this issue!!! :D

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Theodore

woo cannot wait im loving the grim hunt

Aspenfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aspenfan1

Can't wait to read this.  I am trade waiting so it will be awhile.   But I am loving the Gauntlet.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Refreshing to see a good resurrection for once, loved this issue.

The Jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17  Edited By The Jeff

I hated that as soon as the story started to pick up it just ended. i hate the bonus content

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@inferiorego said:
    "
       I don't know who these people are... but they look famous. Maybe they're Kraven's grandkids "
    I'd get a paternity test done
    Taco_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Taco_Effect

So...Kraven is alive.  Great.   

This is why I have no respect for the comic book industry anymore.  This insults one of the greatest and most controversial Spider-man stories in the history of the character. 

I guess the "Kraven's Last Hunt" tpbs are going to be re-released now as "Kraven's Last Hunt...For  A Little While".  And it completely nullifies Soul of the Hunter. 

Hollywood and comic books...not an original damn bone in the body anymore.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.