Darkknight76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darkknight76

Hey all,

I'm sure this is a very dumb question, so I apologize in advance. After about a 20+ year hiatus, I've recently gotten back into buying comics, and was looking at picking up Amazing Spider Man, and purchasing some of the back issues so I'm not completely lost moving forward. I've noticed that some of the issues have a ".1"? Like there is issue #654, and then there is a #654.1 as well?

Is that something that Amazing does a lot? Are these special issues, or do they come out at regular times? If I'm buying back issues, how would I even know there were these "sub issues"?

Thanks.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Superguy0009e

more or less, some series do specials called #.1

usually, it is just a bonus issue for fun

IronHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By IronHerc

It's from the "point one initiative", a nice idea when executed well is made to get new readers to jump in to some of the current tittles and mostly they are good new reader friendly, but for current readers is just a nice extra issue for the month.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.