The First Look at Amazing Spider-Man

• 63 results
#1 Posted by gui22 (383 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.Have a good felling but the eyes look weird.

#2 Posted by spider-man 2996 (660 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for this. I hope it will be really good!!
#3 Posted by Gearhead (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the Mirror's Edge/First Person stuff. 

#4 Posted by NightFang (9866 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see it!!!

#5 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (831 posts) - - Show Bio

It's different, that's for sure

#6 Posted by Fenrir085 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, this looks good. I like the actor they chose to play spider-man.

#7 Posted by rmanthorp (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet!

#8 Posted by darkrider (437 posts) - - Show Bio

this sound like a video game not a movie

#9 Posted by msavo (66 posts) - - Show Bio

All this did was remind me Mirror's Edge is a fantastic game and deserves a sequel.

#10 Posted by pulseangel666 (329 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see it, but doubt it is as good as Raimi's triology.
#11 Posted by CaptainGenisVell (291 posts) - - Show Bio

I know that last scene is reminding everyone of 'Mirror's Edge' but I'm sure it was done before. The trailer makes me think that they've taken less liberties with the source material, used more of it in the story and made it more like the Spider-Man I've grown to love.

#12 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

this looks good, that first person view is cool. 

that bite on his neck looked like a terrible case of acne, but seriously, i have high hopes this will be great
#13 Posted by darkcloakx (788 posts) - - Show Bio

looks great ! 

#14 Posted by B_Heart (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't like the first person web slinging at the end. Other than that, looks good!

#15 Posted by Comiclove5 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

I really am afraid at how emo Peter looked in the High School clips. Other than that it was great.

#16 Posted by guardiandevil801 (272 posts) - - Show Bio

nice can't wait
#17 Posted by MrMazz (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

im not feeling it

#18 Posted by DomDom (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

YEAHAHAHA! Awesomeness! 
I gotta say i was a little worried in the begining for this, but the trailer ROCKS! =) 
I dig the mirror's edge feel =D
#19 Posted by The Impersonator (4994 posts) - - Show Bio

AMAZING!

#20 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh, not bad. Not bad at all.

#21 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks nice! I'm psyched!

#22 Posted by nnotdead (78 posts) - - Show Bio

i do want to see more.

#23 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it!!

#24 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Bit underwhelming but it's only the first trailer. The more I see the new costume the more I like it :D I can see marvel redesigning the Spider-Man suit in the comics to look like it.

#26 Posted by TheSavageAssasin (2761 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma Stones as Gwen Stacy?I think yes.I love Emma Stone but im unsure about Andrew Garfield

#27 Posted by igbarriga (32 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gearhead: me neither but I think it was just for the trailer. I hope.
#28 Posted by The Jeff (290 posts) - - Show Bio
@RE_Player: lol
#29 Edited by SpidermanWins (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

I must say, that last first person scene with Spider-Man testing his physical abilities will be awesome with that full cutting edge 3D the movie will be using.

#30 Posted by SpidermanWins (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, also at 1:37 is that the Lizard throwing those cars around? DAMN THAT LOOKS SICK!

#31 Posted by hitechlolife (194 posts) - - Show Bio

The cgi wall crawling was horrible. The buildings look very fake. Would make a good video game though I agree.

#32 Posted by darkcloakx (788 posts) - - Show Bio

i think the first person perspective is very cool ! can't wait to see the trailer ! 

#33 Posted by ThUnDeRxAgEnT34 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHA This movie is going to be GARBAGE!!! You marvel fan's really shouldn't take up for this movie.

#34 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3482 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk. I wasn't really into the whole moody/dark feel of it all. We'll see I suppose.

#35 Posted by matrix10st (34 posts) - - Show Bio

I Just saw the mirrors edge trailer and their are great similarites because moset of the time your running through bulidings in both worlds especially in marvels universe but hey this movie is supposed to be more gritty and realistic so its supposed to be similar. based on that footage and the one in the game. but in this movie you arent runinng up walls or falling your clinging to every surface. your running and swinging. Personally i think it looks amazing something we have never seen in a superhero action movie before. Really gives us a look into what spidey views through his own eyes even if his stunts and theatrics are more grounded and real. Im just wondering how he moves when bullets are shot at him with spidey sense. Wait i have hear nothing about the spidey sense in the movie is it even in the film. OHH No doubts why whyyy. i need to see it now NNNNNOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
#36 Posted by Rhi (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm....  While having Lizard as the villian and Gwen as the main love interest does appeal to me, I'm still unsure of this movie. I'm hoping that as we get more trailers I'll become more excited but at the moment, it's coming in 4th place in terms of what I'm most excited to see next summer.
#37 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm liking it so far but it doesn't reveal anything about the villain even though we know who it is. I was hoping for a shot of the Lizard. I'm sure they'll have him in the next trailer they release. 

#38 Posted by TSCTH (132 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does he look like that vampire from twilight? Hope he doesn't shimmer in sunlight.

#39 Posted by Mach (171 posts) - - Show Bio

Epic Fail bring rami back ,Booo hisss Boycot
#40 Posted by Wingfoot (98 posts) - - Show Bio
@SpidermanWins

Maybe it's not the Lizard...
#41 Posted by Migz13 (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad actually. I like the new feel they've done for it.

#42 Posted by FNspiderdan (38 posts) - - Show Bio

looks great. still need to see what lizzie looks like tho

#43 Posted by GraveSp (318 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah not sure i dig the first person, looks a little to much like the Doom movie.  The rest looked pretty cool though 

#44 Posted by DoctorTrips (127 posts) - - Show Bio

All I can feel is ambivalence, on the one hand I like the idea of taking Spider-Man back to his high school roots, I like the web-shooters being introduced, and I've been waiting to see the Lizard get a cinematic portrayal for a long time.

One the other hand, Andrew Garfield is just too pretty to be Peter Parker, I can't buy him as a high school geek. I am a little biased since I personally wanted to see Michael Angarano play the part and since Garfield hasn't won me over with any of his acting work. But I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt but it's shaky at best.

But I can say that the casting for everyone else is great, Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben is a grade A excellent choice as is Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy.

My biggest concern is whether or not they'll have Spider-Man be sarcastic and witty. That's one of the things I really love about the character and what I felt Maguire's portrayal really lacked in. So if this Spidey is funny it might balance out Andrew Garfield's casting...and his stupid haircut.

#45 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio
@DoctorTrips said:
All I can feel is ambivalence, on the one hand I like the idea of taking Spider-Man back to his high school roots, I like the web-shooters being introduced, and I've been waiting to see the Lizard get a cinematic portrayal for a long time.  One the other hand, Andrew Garfield is just too pretty to be Peter Parker, I can't buy him as a high school geek. I am a little biased since I personally wanted to see Michael Angarano play the part and since Garfield hasn't won me over with any of his acting work. But I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt but it's shaky at best.  But I can say that the casting for everyone else is great, Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben is a grade A excellent choice as is Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy.  My biggest concern is whether or not they'll have Spider-Man be sarcastic and witty. That's one of the things I really love about the character and what I felt Maguire's portrayal really lacked in. So if this Spidey is funny it might balance out Andrew Garfield's casting...and his stupid haircut.
You got the very words I was gonna put outta my mouth!
#46 Posted by halfpastwhenever (132 posts) - - Show Bio

Arghh it's too soon for a reboot - I need more time to forget the disaster that was Spiderman 3

#47 Posted by greenlucario (210 posts) - - Show Bio

not bad, but i still think rami's movies (excluding number 3) will be better.  not a fan of the costume.  need to see what they will do with lizard before i pass total judgement on it.  good trailer though.

#48 Posted by blueninjapanther (672 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like it will be a good movie.
#49 Posted by thorwhore (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Nerdgasm. nuff said 

#50 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically this is like my 5th look, at the first look of Amazing Spider-Man. :D

and I'm still thinking that it looks bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.