Follow

The Amazing Spider-Man

Movie » The Amazing Spider-Man released on July 03, 2012.

A Marc Webb directed reboot of the Spider-Man film franchise, retelling the origin story of Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man.

The Amazing Spider-Man: The Untold Story that was Never Told

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

In this video, this guy makes some very interesting points about the movie, and why things felt "off." I knew that something didn't feel right about this movie after re-watching the trailers after I saw it, and this questions that. Hope you enjoy and discuss.

This is the article he was talking about, featuring all the pictures of things that are... questionably not in the movie.

My two cents? Marc Webb shot the movie the way he wanted to, Sony had it edited to fit their marketing scheme, and that's that... which is terrible.... Hopefully we'll be getting a Director's Cut for this movie on DVD, because after watching this, and reading this, and re-watching those trailers, I feel.... cheated. Not that I didn't like the movie, I gave it an A- in my review, but I wonder just how much better (or worse for that matter) this movie could have been had we've seen the "Untold Story" that was actually never told.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By the_tree

Yeah, after seeing the movie, then thinking about all of the points brought up by Eric and Badass Digest, it's a little upsetting to see that so much was cut. Although I highly enjoyed the movie, I really really really really really want to see a director's cut.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Superguy0009e

Thank you for this, helped me clear my thoughts.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I'll be honest, I really enjoyed the movie. But after watching this video and thinking about the points brought up, I'd personally like a Director's Cut of the movie now as well.

KraytRawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By KraytRawk

Directors cut FTW.

Sony is garbage..

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By BatteredArmor

.....He knows to much, he must be dealt with.....

Zomboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Zomboid

I enjoyed the movie a lot, and I left the theater feeling entertained and fairly satisfied, but I felt like it was missing something that I couldn't quite pinpoint that made it fall a little short. Now I've realized after reading that article... it didn't quite feel like the movie I was expecting when I first saw the trailers.

I'm hoping they just cut out a lot of the stuff pointed out in the article because they wanted to save a lot of the mysterious stuff for the sequel. I think they wanted to go a safer route with sticking more to a classic Spidey vibe that general audiences would expect to see, and then delve deeper into the heavy and darker stuff in the sequel, now that the groundwork and hints have been laid and alluded to.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.