The Amazing Spider-Man Sequel Already In the Works

Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio
  We are still a year away until The Amazing Spider-Man movie is released and James Vanderbilt, writer of the movie, has been hired to write a sequel.    

Vanderbilt began working on Spider-Man 4 for Colombia back when Sam Raimi was directing and Tobey Maguire was still portraying Spider-Man. When the reboot was decided Vanderbilt came back to work on the new film now starring Andrew Garfield and directed by Mark Webb.  

The work on the Spider-Man sequel has begun even though Colombia has not finished shooting the first movie. Vanderbilt met with the "Spider-Man filmmakers and studio execs yesterday (March 23) outlining his take, getting a thumbs up, and will begin writing." According to Hollywood Reporter.

Without a moment to spare the crew of the movie will be working on a sequel. It seems as though Sony has high hopes for the success of the film since they are already working on the second movie. It might also be that Garfield is close to reaching the age of thirty which might prevent him from playing a high school student. 

The Amazing Spider-Man movie is scheduled to be released July 3, 2012 in 3D. Are you excited? 
-- Geo (sora_thekey) 24/7 geek! -- Follow me on Twitter: @sora_thekey
#1 Posted by StarKiller809 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

Why am I not surprised. They already know it is going to do good so they just start making sequals before the film. I don't know why but it bugs me. They did it for Green Lantern too.
#2 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!

#3 Posted by tobiasPUNK (116 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so excited! I love that it's based on the Amazing Spider-man too :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.