Follow

The Amazing Spider-Man

Movie » The Amazing Spider-Man released on July 03, 2012.

A Marc Webb directed reboot of the Spider-Man film franchise, retelling the origin story of Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man.

The Amazing Spider-Man Movie Discussion.

DickGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DickGrayson

Hello, I wanted to discuss the movie, and possible sequels, and share my thoughts with all of you. So for all of you that have seen the movie, and if you stayed for the credits, Dr. Connors is confronted by s mysterious man, who I believe to be Osborn, and he asks if Connors told pete about the secret of the boy's father (Richard Parker). And Connors replies with, "LEAVE THE BOY ALONE!"

From what I gather from Ultimate comics, he is talking about the symbiote. Richard Parker, and Eddie Brock Jr.'s dad created the symbiote, And it wants the next best thing. Peter Parker. Osborn most likely doesn't want that to happen, and he wants the symbiote. Considering it was made to heal, and he is sick. That's one part of my theory.

There has also been discussion of a Venom Movie, as a Prelude to The amazing Spider-Man sequel. I'm guessing he finds out about his father or something. What are your opinions?

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
    7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I saw that movie yesterday. It was really good. Much better than I expected, but the Toby version had a better Theme Song and overall soundtrack. (And Spider Sense Effect)

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By jobiwankenobi

The movie had WAY to many open ends.

First: Whatever happened to that guy that was going to experiment on people in the veteran's hospital. He's attacked on the bridge and then... he never ever appears on screen again.

Second: They never explained how the spider gave Peter his powers or what the room full of spiders was for. Could any of those spiders have given him his powers?

Third: He never caught Uncle Ben's killer. His search just sort of ended. It felt so empty.

Fourth: I expected to learn something about his parents, but they gave you next to nothing. I felt like I knew just as much about them at the end as I could infer from the first 15/20 minutes of the movie.

Fifth: Why didn't the S.W.A.T guys who turned into lizards attack anybody? Honestly, I felt let down by that.

Sixth: How did Peter get a hold of his web-shooters, a large amount of his webbing, and his costume?

Other things I didn't like were Peter and Flash being all buddy buddy at the end. No! After ONE movie! It has to take longer than that. Also, Norman never appeared unless he was that mysterious guy at the end. J.J. never appeared either. Peter was also way to confident and way to good at doing things (sneaking into Oscorp) before he was even Spider-Man. He also took off his mask WAY too much. The only person I felt that should have learned his identity was Aunt May, and that was because she was practically the only one that didn't know yet. Peter would come home with bruises and get in trouble. It was so painful to watch. Spider-Man shouldn't bruise that easily. Lastly, that computer program that could predict the outcome of their experiment on the rat, how does that work? They never even gave a watered down explanation. How didn't it predict that they would become vicious little lizards? Also, Peter found the lizard-rat and just left it there. Doesn't that seem dangerous. Another dangerous thing was Conners injecting the serum into the rat while Peter was holding it. He even said it was dangerous! No real scientist would have ever done that.

*sigh* I guess that's enough venting... for now.

MurieC16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MurieC16

I personally thought it was the best Spider-Man movie yet! Really liked Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man, couldn't of done better

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

@jobiwankenobi: Its meant as a trilogy according to the filmmakers so maybe all those loose ends will be tied up later.

Dhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dhor

@MurieC16 said:

I personally thought it was the best Spider-Man movie yet! Really liked Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man, couldn't of done better

seconded

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@joshmightbe said:

@jobiwankenobi: Its meant as a trilogy according to the filmmakers so maybe all those loose ends will be tied up later.

They better be, or I will be very disappointed. However, some of those can't be tied up, and if they are it would feel kind of weird.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@jobiwankenobi: some times we just gotta let s**t go

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@joshmightbe: *sigh* I know...

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@jobiwankenobi said:

First: Whatever happened to that guy that was going to experiment on people in the veteran's hospital. He's attacked on the bridge and then... he never ever appears on screen again.

Second: They never explained how the spider gave Peter his powers or what the room full of spiders was for. Could any of those spiders have given him his powers?

Third: He never caught Uncle Ben's killer. His search just sort of ended. It felt so empty.

Fourth: I expected to learn something about his parents, but they gave you next to nothing. I felt like I knew just as much about them at the end as I could infer from the first 15/20 minutes of the movie.

Fifth: Why didn't the S.W.A.T guys who turned into lizards attack anybody? Honestly, I felt let down by that.

Sixth: How did Peter get a hold of his web-shooters, a large amount of his webbing, and his costume?

Other things I didn't like were Peter and Flash being all buddy buddy at the end. No! After ONE movie! It has to take longer than that. Also, Norman never appeared unless he was that mysterious guy at the end. J.J. never appeared either. Peter was also way to confident and way to good at doing things (sneaking into Oscorp) before he was even Spider-Man. He also took off his mask WAY too much. The only person I felt that should have learned his identity was Aunt May, and that was because she was practically the only one that didn't know yet. Peter would come home with bruises and get in trouble. It was so painful to watch. Spider-Man shouldn't bruise that easily. Lastly, that computer program that could predict the outcome of their experiment on the rat, how does that work? They never even gave a watered down explanation. How didn't it predict that they would become vicious little lizards? Also, Peter found the lizard-rat and just left it there. Doesn't that seem dangerous. Another dangerous thing was Conners injecting the serum into the rat while Peter was holding it. He even said it was dangerous! No real scientist would have ever done that.

I agree with everything. Espcieally the Flash/Peter friendship. I know it's petty but still!

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@jobiwankenobi said:

I agree with everything. Espcieally the Flash/Peter friendship. I know it's petty but still!

I wouldn't say it's petty. Maybe a little, but not really. You should have seen my friend, he almost had a temper tantrum in the middle of the movie theater.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@jobiwankenobi: Thanks dude I feel better. lol. But on the real. This is one of those movies thats so hyped up that you can't help but get excited..then your like..eh. Same with Elektra. I nearly tarred and feathered my bestfriend for nearly making us late..then I was like ''maybe we shouldn't have even come." lol

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@Guardiandevil83: I will say this, Spider-Man is my second favorite superhero, (Batman... yeah I know) but I wasn't too thrilled when I heard about the reboot. You're right, though, I was a little excited. I wasn't planning on seeing the movie, but my friends were going, so I did too. I did like the movie don't get me wrong, I thought it was good. I just felt it could be so much better. It made the let downs I was talking about all the more annoying because I had let myself get excited. Had I had zero expectation, I would have loved the movie.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

This movie does a pretty good job of displaying Peter's s**tty luck

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@jobiwankenobi: Took the words outta my mouth. Spidey and Daredevil were the first Charecters I read and I will continue to support them both. (Still watching Ultimate, Liked the DD film) but the movie had me thinking all these thoughts that when I seen it, I was dissapointed. But will still make sure to see the sequel.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@Guardiandevil83: I gave Ultimate a chance, and it spat in my face. Sorry, I don't mean offense if you like it, but I HATE it. Especially since they used it to replace Spectacular, which I LOVED. Oh I almost cried when it happened.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@jobiwankenobi: Naaah no worries most Spidey fans hate it. But ya'know i'm trying to hang in there. Mostly waiting for the return of Taskmaster!

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@Guardiandevil83: The one rule I have is give it a chance. Once you've seen it, then you can hate it. That's what I did with the legend of korra, and it was awesome. I recommend that everyone always does the same.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@jobiwankenobi: BIG AVATAR FAN!! That being said..I have only seen the first episode of Korra. Mn i'm bummed..she seems gangsta!! ''I'M THE AVATAR YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!" lol

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@Guardiandevil83: If you are then you'll love it. It doesn't quite live up to the original, but how can anything right? It does not disappoint.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Guardiandevil83

I believe you. I've heard great things

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.