Spoilers! Four 'The Amazing Spider-Man' Clips

Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright guys and girls, get ready for some major spoilers. We've seen a lot of news, images and viral marketing campaigns for the upcoming The Amazing Spider-Man' movie, directed by Marc Webb starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone. But no movie before this has dared to give fans as in depth a look at what they'll be seeing on the big screen. We recently caught a glimpse at some video clips of the upcoming movie, and so far things look pretty, well, amazing (no pun intended).

We'll warn you in advance, if you want to go into the movie on June 3rd without any knowledge of what to expect, then you definitely don't want to check out the following clips. They appear to be footage we will see in the film, and they give us an in-depth look at the actors, the way they interact and some of the special effects we will be seeing on-screen. The video clips and their descriptions have been posted after the jump.

== TEASER ==

In the first clip we see Garfield in costume on the phone warning Gwen Stacey to leave the building -- but she displays her resilience proving that you don't need a costume to act like a hero. I don't want to say too much more and spoil it for you. You can check out the clip here, since we can't embed it onto the site. If you don't mind the spoiler and want a more in-depth look at what will likely be one of the better action scenes in the film, then don't watch it. It's pretty revealing. For the record, we kind of loved it.

Next is our first real look at Spider-Man in action. We have to say that we didn't think they could make web-slinging look so effortless, but they did. Actor Andrew Garfield's stunt double practically glides across the screen in this clip -- and it looks like the Lizard isn't the only thing he'll be running away from.

We get a look at Peter Parker and Dr. Connors talking science in this next clip. We loved that Gwen Stacey's character seems to have no problem throwing her weight around a little bit when it comes to showing Peter who's smarter.

Gwen's dad is clearly not Spider-Man's biggest fan. Or Peter's for that matter; and he makes that pretty evident in the clip above.

That's a lot to take in, right? If you have doubts about this movie then maybe these latest clips will reaffirm your faith in Marc Webb and 'The Amazing Spider-Man.' What did you think?

#1 Edited by cattlebattle (13347 posts) - - Show Bio

dat neck.....

I am hoping that this movie is great...I demand only the best for Spider-Man

#2 Posted by leejunfan83 (123 posts) - - Show Bio

clips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Posted by August_Macias (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Did not like the last clip. Spider-Man would never let someone else do his superhero work, much less the police.

Also, that police chase scene was very boring and I could hardly hear Spidey talk due to the music being too loud.

#4 Posted by Inverno (13284 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry guys I am not hyped for this movie. I watched the trailers and these clips I am not impressed.

#5 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

Sorry guys I am not hyped for this movie. I watched the trailers and these clips I am not impressed.

Same, but maybe that's a good thing, i was so hype for the Avengers that i was completely let down, walking in with no expectations is probably best.

#6 Posted by ravisher (694 posts) - - Show Bio

strong neck

#7 Posted by August_Macias (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat: You're not the only one.

#8 Posted by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

Why don't they just release the movie already?

#9 Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio

Must. Resist. Watching. Spoiler-y. Videos!

#10 Posted by BoyWander (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be more excited if Sony would just hand Spider-man over to Marvel again. Let them add him to the cinematic Universe so we could eventually see a Civil War movie. or just a really well done Spider-man that could somehow work his way into the world. Same thing with Fox and the X-men.

Oh well, The acting in this movie looks... ok. It's not what I was expecting for Spider-man. I was kind of hoping for a lighter incarnation. This movie has the same tone as its predecessor. I was hoping for something different.

#11 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I'm definitely on board for this now. The first clip FTW I say. It definitely made me smile.

#12 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. Still want to see it for the effects though. Acting....yeaaaah...I'll stick by Spider-man 2 if I want good acting.

#13 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow I'm a little surprised by the negativity. It doesn't look as epic as I might have hoped but it definitely looks well crafted, and well acted. It's probably going to be a sleeper hit. Gwen and Peter have a great dynamic and I love Dennis Leary in like everything.

#14 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1184 posts) - - Show Bio

not bad but not to excited either way.

#15 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont hyped for alot of superhero movies, but I'll watch every single one they put out :)

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34934 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it looks great

#17 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

this movie will be good, it wont be EPIC, like the avengers or the dark knight rises but itll have charm, fun action, and cool effects. thats really all i need. :) its a marvel movie and this is how a marvel movie should be

#18 Posted by the3rdborn (39 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie is gonna be AMAZING the only thing that bothers me is his costume i cant stand it

#19 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

looks good! it might amaze us         

#20 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks to be a really enjoyable solid movie. It won't cause people to break down crying from awesomeness, but I don't think it will disappoint either =] 

#21 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

@sora_thekey said:

It's. So. Tempting!

#22 Posted by The Jeff (290 posts) - - Show Bio

not digging the score. Sounds like a generic 90s orchestral

#23 Posted by blacksuperman4eva (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to July 3rd gets here so I can see the movie. It looks awesome man...go #teamSpider-Man!!!!!

#24 Posted by cincyducksfan35 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

They have guts putting this up against THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. Could work in their favor, could blow up in their face. I'll just say for me personally the next time I'll be in a theater it will be sitting down to watch Batman Begins!

#25 Posted by skaarason (680 posts) - - Show Bio

can't wait for this !!!

#26 Posted by sentryman555 (824 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not too excited for this based on the clips here. Garfield just isn't giving off a spiderman impression for me and the action scenes here were kind of boring to me. Also the lizard kind of looks like Hulk with a tail =/

#27 Posted by fACEmelter88 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this is not good but GREAT! If it's not I will lose all hope in humanity. Andrew Garfield seems like a perfect fit as Peter Parker/Spider-Man. If this isn't good I will eat my own face.

#28 Posted by StuckOnEuropa (118 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll check it out when it comes out on DVD.

#29 Posted by trackstonapollo (2 posts) - - Show Bio

so excited for this. Every clip sells me on this new rendition of spidey. Sorry guys, but I'm way more pumped for this than TDKR.

#30 Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

@sora_thekey said:

It's. So. Tempting!

Q.F.T!

#31 Posted by blueninjapanther (672 posts) - - Show Bio

nice, can't wait to watch this.

#32 Posted by IronAngelX (202 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, this movie is going to be superb on acting and effects and story.

#33 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (1886 posts) - - Show Bio

Soooo if I downloaded every trailer for Amazing Spider-Man, and edited down... I would have a chunk of this movie already made!

#34 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Jeff: at least peter parker isnt Fucking tap dancing ... sorry i get emotianal about that movie

#35 Posted by marvel_geek (17 posts) - - Show Bio

cool :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.