New "Amazing Spider-Man" Movie Poster Touts Untold Story

• 80 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

One thing's for sure: the all new Amazing Spider-Man movie poster is definitely creative. Earlier today the image was leaked depicting Andrew Garfield as the "Web Head" clinging to a wall; his shadow in the silhouette of a spider. It's definitely really cool.

The upcoming Amazing Spider-Man film is set to hit theaters on July 3rd, 2012 and will star actors Andrew Garfield, Martin Sheen, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Campbell Scott, Irrfan Khan and Sally Field. The film will be released by Columbia Pictures and will "tell the untold story" of Spidey. What do you think of the poster? Are you looking forward to the film next summer? Check out the full image below.

== TEASER ==

Source: Superherohype

#1 Posted by frogjitsu (481 posts) - - Show Bio

sweet. Can't wait until this movie comes out.

#2 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome

#3 Posted by Iron_Turtle (583 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a horrible feeling about this movie.

#4 Posted by jazzblade (60 posts) - - Show Bio

that is an awesome poster concept for Spiderman!

#5 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

@Iron_Turtle: We have to see and find out. Don't we? We can't assume it's bad at this point. :P

#6 Posted by Neverpraying (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

@Iron_Turtle said:

#7 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

@Neverpraying said:

@Iron_Turtle said:

couldn't have said it better myself. I am not a fan of Garfield.... AT all

#8 Posted by sentryman555 (771 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a lot more interested in seeing what the lizard is gonna look like after that pez article. Still kinda don't like the dark brooding feeling that the movie is giving off.

#9 Posted by AgentMask (129 posts) - - Show Bio

That's actually really cool in my opinion 

#10 Edited by AirDave817 (813 posts) - - Show Bio

The poster looks pretty cool. But what Untold Story are they referring to I wonder?...

I guess we'll find out July 3rd, 2012...

#11 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

The "Untold Story"? Puuuuuuuwwwwwllllllleeeeze like we don't know his story. It's not like his origin hasn't been done to death.

#12 Posted by ultimategirlshileha1236 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

i love!

#13 Posted by DonavanWolfMaster (136 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just like the first posters they had for the Fist Class, I didn't find it to be that creative or impressive,but I don't want to be that guy. So somebody please clue me in to the awesomeness, so that I can join the fold.

#14 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio

the poster makes it look like the movie is called "the untold story"...

#15 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

cool!

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty happy with everything I'v seen about this film so far, looks good but I'm not so sure on this "untold story" thing

#17 Edited by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

"Untold story" of Spidey origins mmm... his parents background story? that will be the untold story... in movies but talking 'bout comics... is hard to imagine

#18 Posted by pikahyper (12169 posts) - - Show Bio

eh don't like the poster, the composition is just wrong, it might be cool to have the shadow upside down so that it faces the right direction for the emblem but it just annoys me.

#19 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@Iron_Turtle said:

you can say that twice

#20 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Alot of the comic book roles are being handed to the old British actors :)

#21 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

UNTOLD?!

We see in the trailer he gets his spider powers again and Uncle Ben dies. Honestly, why didn't they skip the origins? Everyone knows it!

#22 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a bad poster at all. Just want the movie to be here already myself!

#23 Posted by Sky_Jokiel (304 posts) - - Show Bio

:D so excited!!!

#24 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

is this continuing after spider-man three or is this movie a reboot?

#25 Posted by The_Tree (7465 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see this movie!

#26 Posted by obscurefan (274 posts) - - Show Bio

Feel weird them saying "untold" when they told it to us in the last set of movies, but the poster is in fact cool.

#27 Posted by Zomboid (740 posts) - - Show Bio

The "untold story" they're referring to is obviously about Gwen Stacy, because she's never been in the movies before and the mass audience of non-comic readers has no idea who she is.

#28 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if the movie isn't great that is one kick ass poster. I love it.

#29 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9062 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a movie I have been really looking forward to. It is a really creative poster.

#30 Posted by BatBen9135 (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@Iron_Turtle: I do too. How creative can this be from the original origin? Maybe they'll incorporate some Ultimate plot points, but I don't know, this has huge potential to be a failure.

#31 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

That's really awesome. 

#32 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure whether or not I like this poster.

#33 Edited by HughJass (375 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zomboid said:

The "untold story" they're referring to is obviously about Gwen Stacy, because she's never been in the movies before and the mass audience of non-comic readers has no idea who she is.

She was in Spider-Man 3. You're thinking Betty Brant and Liz Allan (I'm guessing).

#34 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@HughJass said:

@Zomboid said:

She was in Spider-Man 3. You're thinking Betty Brant and Liz Allan (I'm guessing).

Betty Brant was in all three Spidey movies. 
#35 Posted by HughJass (375 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@HughJass said:

@Zomboid said:

Betty Brant was in all three Spidey movies.

Yeah but not as his girlfriend like she was in the comics.

#36 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm.... I really like it.

But from everything I've seen so far, it looks so dark. People have been telling me that in the comic con footage, Peter was jokey, but I really don't see it from what I've seen. Hopefully this movie will be good. The cast seems pretty damn solid this time around.

#37 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

is this continuing after spider-man three or is this movie a reboot?

Reboot. Peter's in high school and whatnot.

#38 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.

#39 Posted by Wowlock (218 posts) - - Show Bio

We saw MANY versions of Spiderman and his origin. I doubt we will see an ''untold story'' as they claimed. The only way they can do this is to make a Spiderman that is completely different which means he won't be the Spider we know and love.

They are walking on a thin ice there. Taking a new route is one thing, trying to be ''totally fresh ! '' but mess things up is another...

I just hope they can deliver.

#40 Posted by sora_thekey (8175 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks amazing! (No pun intended)

(I think they are calling it "The Untold Story" to get the people who don't want the franchise to be rebooted to watch the movie)

#41 Posted by dvorak (187 posts) - - Show Bio

This is either going to be amazing or terrible. I think they're setting it up for very little room in-between.

#42 Posted by Angelique LeBeau (639 posts) - - Show Bio

Image is sicc. Venom?

#43 Posted by Azrael66 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope it's better than Spider-Man 3. Seeing Macguire with that hair was really funny, though.

#44 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

No thanks.

#45 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@sentryman555 said:

I'm a lot more interested in seeing what the lizard is gonna look like after that pez article. Still kinda don't like the dark brooding feeling that the movie is giving off.

Looks like that. And according to the comiccon panel, it's 'dark' but in character. Spiderman isn't crying the whole movie, he makes jokes and messes around a bit. That picture is a cellphone leaked image from a scene revealed at the comiccon panel, don't let the pez fool you.

#46 Posted by RedR0bin (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Not looking forward to this movie, but I also felt the same with X-Men: First Class and was pleasantly surprised. We'll see.

#47 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

i will be f'ed up if they do some kind of story warp thingy and it's the story of ben reily.

#48 Posted by Sir_Deadpool (461 posts) - - Show Bio

still dont know what to think off the idead of a new cast and plot!

#49 Posted by LordRequiem (1315 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he jests more while in spidey attire.

#50 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that thinks this movie will fail.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.