More 'Amazing Spider-Man' High Res Photos

• 62 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio

In the beginning of December we saw the reveal of the official Amazing Spider-Man movie poster -- and most of us agreed it was pretty cool. A week following the release of that poster came various official photographs of the film's cast with accompanying character descriptions. Not only did these images give us a closer look at Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man and actress Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy, but they gave us a closer look at the character's costumes and overall designs which we weren't aware of before.

Late last week Sony Pictures unveiled more images of the actors who will be portraying the popular comic book characters giving fans an even closer look at what to expect on July 3rd, 2012 when the film finally hits theaters. The images below give us a better look at Garfield as Peter Parker both in costume as well as in his normal clothes as well as a glimpse at Gwen Stacy hitting the books.

Check out all of the high resolution images below for a closer look at the actors. What do you think of the upcoming film? Are you looking forward to the film's big release?

Source: Facebook and SlashFilm

== TEASER ==
#1 Posted by Markall (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34307 posts) - - Show Bio

Man this film wants to hurry up

#3 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9247 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY So excited for this movie.

#4 Posted by BatMark_ (49 posts) - - Show Bio

I take back anything I said about Andrew Garfield being too skinny..

#5 Posted by Mutant4life (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see this movie

#6 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

How about that? The actor actually looks a bit like Peter Parker this time around!

#7 Posted by kartron (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow!!. The costume has a more classic touch to it. Me likes!! Andrew could turn out to be perfect Peter Parker.. Fingers crossed on that one.. Emma stone looks great like never before!

#8 Posted by ltbrd (562 posts) - - Show Bio

Like the image of him swinging on the chain. Probably him practicing how to swing. Reminds me of the first Ultimate Spider-Man issues where Peter would go to an abandoned warehouse to practice.

#9 Posted by missmandygreen (15 posts) - - Show Bio

wasnt intrested in this before but this has changed that for some odd reason lol

#10 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (533 posts) - - Show Bio

Imagine if Marvel ever gets the rights back and decides to do their own Spider-Man movie. You think they will reboot and recast, again? And we'll have to sit through an hour or two of origin story, again?

#11 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

Andrew Garfield is gonna be a great Peter Parker. Not sure about him being a great Spider-Man but still hopeful. And I love that Dennis Leary is in this movie.

#12 Posted by Baddamdog (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeeez Garfield's been hitting the gym

#13 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@missmandygreen said:

wasnt intrested in this before but this has changed that for some odd reason lol

Same. I'm liking it. The Costume still seems a bit off, but yeah. :P

#14 Posted by pikahyper (12627 posts) - - Show Bio

The costume is growing on me but Peter Parker looks like an @sshole :x

#15 Posted by kennybaese (1151 posts) - - Show Bio

I WILL FIGHT MATTHEW RORIE, JIM CARRY, AND ALL OF YOU EMMER EFFERS FOR EMMA STONE'S HAND!

#16 Posted by Decept-O (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

Imagine if Marvel ever gets the rights back and decides to do their own Spider-Man movie. You think they will reboot and recast, again? And we'll have to sit through an hour or two of origin story, again?

Makes one wonder, doesn't it? If Marvel even tries to get the rights back, it is hard to say. I mean, they have Disney on their side, but that means Sony Pictures may think of upping the asking price in terms of offering the rights to Spider-Man back if it ever happens.

So I don't know, Marvel may be in perpetual limbo concerning Spider-Man movie rights and we will have to endure all these half-ass off the mark renditions of Spidey. Although this one may be somewhat decent but it is hard to say.

At the very least, Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy is perfect.

#17 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so confused, I hate Gwen, but I love Emma! AHHH

#18 Posted by Deadcool (6818 posts) - - Show Bio

@BatMark_ said:

I take back anything I said about Andrew Garfield being too skinny..

Just like Ditko's Spider-man...

#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O said:

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

Makes one wonder, doesn't it? If Marvel even tries to get the rights back, it is hard to say. I mean, they have Disney on their side, but that means Sony Pictures may think of upping the asking price in terms of offering the rights to Spider-Man back if it ever happens.

So I don't know, Marvel may be in perpetual limbo concerning Spider-Man movie rights and we will have to endure all these half-ass off the mark renditions of Spidey. Although this one may be somewhat decent but it is hard to say.

At the very least, Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy is perfect.

I was under the impression that Marvel could get back Spidy any time they wanted, they just choose not to.
#20 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Wuvs Emma, she will do a good Gwen I think.

#21 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Will Mary Jane appear in the sequel?

#22 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@Meteorite said:

How about that? The actor actually looks a bit like Peter Parker this time around!

yeah i'm liking Garfield's casting even though the guy's like 29 lol

#23 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
Will Mary Jane appear in the sequel?
god I hope not
#24 Posted by iaconpoint (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear Girl Playing Gwen Stacy,

I love you.

Sincerely,

Creepy Guy Who is Too Old for You.

#25 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this costume. And I hope the flick will be as good as it.

#26 Edited by Decept-O (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: I haven't read or heard anything specific from Marvel concerning their official stance about re-obtaining the (movie) rights to Spider-Man.

One would assume they'd want to have the movie rights for Spidey, he is essentially the flagship title character out of all their characters and for Marvel not to have the movie rights at this point and time is a bit odd to me.

Perhaps the timing isn't right, possibly the lawyers and money handlers are working on it, or at least I would like to think they are. I just wished Spider-Man was back at the House of Ideas, where he belongs. Even if Marvel/Disney got him back and did another Spidey movie and "mess it up" at least I'd be happy knowing Marvel messed it up and not someone else.

#27 Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the first image!

#28 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT HAPPENED TO MARY JANE!!!

#29 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34307 posts) - - Show Bio
@moywar700 said:

Pete didn't date MJ till later, Gwen was and will always be his first love. 
#30 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@moywar700 said:

,MJ come and snagged him from her towards the end

#31 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34307 posts) - - Show Bio
@moywar700 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@moywar700 said:

,MJ come and snagged him from her towards the end

for only a short period then he went back to Gwen and stayed with her up until her death
#32 Posted by thorwhore (36 posts) - - Show Bio

SOOO beyond pumped for this movie!! Gwen looks AMAZING!

#33 Posted by cmaprice (812 posts) - - Show Bio

Love Emma Stone.

#34 Posted by blueninjapanther (679 posts) - - Show Bio

looks awesome can't wait for this movie

#35 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Emma Stone.

#36 Posted by Carolina574 (178 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope they do the character of Gwen Stacy well. I am looking forward to this movie. That John Romita era of Spider-Man (the death of the Stacys story in particular) is comic book story telling that still holds up to anything even today.

#37 Posted by fables87 (1058 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie looks way better then the first just for the fact that Gwen is the first love Peter had (like the comics) and for the fact his web shooting powers are operated by thoes bracelet things (like the comic book).

#38 Posted by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

@iaconpoint said:

Dear Girl Playing Gwen Stacy,

I love you.

Sincerely,

Creepy Guy Who is Too Old for You.

BWAHAHAHA! Bless your creepy creepy honesty.

#39 Posted by Chibi-Iroh (388 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the costume and I like the way Peter looks, but seriously Emma Stone is my favorite part.

#40 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like the gold tint of the Spidey eyes on the mask too. Gwen looks awesome in those... seriously. I mean good god, if they kill her off in a movie I will be so mad and if they bring in MJ, who could top her? Jeez Emma Stone...

#41 Posted by kadosho_16bit (76 posts) - - Show Bio

This could turn out to be a pretty good film after all. I wasn't crazy about Andrew Garfield playing Peter (watched Social Network). Changed my mind.. seems like he represents him very well. Emma looks great as Gwen! Heard she did really well with another drama pic, but hey she gets to have more fun in ASM. And is that.. nah couldn't be playing a cop?! Dennis Leary! From Rescue Me to Spidey? Oo, never thought he would.. wow (he did give some easter eggs on his show.. didn't expect ASM. I hope he does a great job. Captain Stacy maybe?

#42 Posted by fivestarga (240 posts) - - Show Bio

This may not make the splash of DKR or Avengers but I can't wait! I have faith Garfield will not disappoint me in the way McGuire did.

#43 Posted by GBrutality (194 posts) - - Show Bio

@kadosho_16bit: yeah, he's playing captain stacy.

#44 Posted by GothamRed (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

blue shirt? Spectacular Spider-Man?

#45 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

great story n pix!

spidey is looking good

#46 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think this movie may end up surprising a lot of people. I don't think it's going to be bad at all. 

#47 Posted by Trodorne (2596 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like denis leary as captain stacy

#48 Posted by Migz13 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks all good. If this becomes a surprise financial and critical hit... then MJ would probably show up later in the sequels.

Makes me wonder who can play her this time. Emma Stone looks fine enough for me for Gwen.

#49 Posted by The Impersonator (5585 posts) - - Show Bio

AMAZING!

#50 Posted by yteez (41 posts) - - Show Bio

the costume looks great but there is one problem. the boots have clearly hard soles. so how is it possible for spidey to adhere to walls with his feet? apart from that i also like the fact that they didn't add fake muscles to the suit

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.