Behind The Scenes of 'The Amazing Spider-Man' Movie

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of the coolest pictures to come out of filming big budget action movies are the behind the scenes images that give us a glimpse a how these movies are made. The latest pictures to pop up on the web do exactly that; they give us great insight into the creation of the next big comic book movie coming this summer, The Amazing Spider-Man. The pictures below give us a look at actor Andrew Garfield (Peter Parker) in an action pose with his stunt double William Spencer in toe. We get to see that Garfield did a lot of his own stunts too, by looking at the first image of the actor hanging from some ceiling rafters. So far, this is some pretty amazing stuff.

Garfield and actress Emma Stone, who plays Gwen Stacy in the upcoming film, also shot some promotional commercials for different movie theaters. The one below is for Cinemark, and part of it is in German -- and it's pretty cute. Check it out as well as some of these cool images below. And if you have't already, don't forget to watch The Amazing Spider-Man trailer. The movie hits theaters July 3rd, 2012.

== TEASER ==

Source: SuperHeroHype

#1 Posted by Tellumo (511 posts) - - Show Bio

I really have no idea what these shots mean...

#2 Posted by zombietag (1480 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the one with the stunt double :)

#3 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tellumo said:

They mean nothing.. not a damn thing...it's just "their" way of getting your attention and to keep reminding you that the movie exists... the same way that the Avengers kept releasing those clips and promos which were nearly all the same clips, just put in a different order or with different music... it's to make you think you are getting something, when you really aren't getting that much.

#4 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

That song will be stuck in my head, FOREVER!

#5 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8750 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106 said:

That song will be stuck in my head, FOREVER!

They should audtion for Spider-man Turn off the Dark LOL

#6 Posted by difficlus (10678 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hunter114 said:

@Tellumo said:

They mean nothing.. not a damn thing...it's just "their" way of getting your attention and to keep reminding you that the movie exists... the same way that the Avengers kept releasing those clips and promos which were nearly all the same clips, just put in a different order or with different music... it's to make you think you are getting something, when you really aren't getting that much.

pretty much, well said

#7 Posted by ravisher (605 posts) - - Show Bio

the perfect peter

tobey sucks

#8 Posted by VictorGrey (12868 posts) - - Show Bio

@difficlus said:

@Hunter114 said:

@Tellumo said:

pretty much, well said

This

#9 Posted by sora_thekey (8105 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand the promotional video where Garfield and Stone are singing...

#10 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, what was the point of the video? lol I mean it looks like good silly humor but...I don't get it, lol. Otherwise, Emma, PLEASE go back to red hair now. PLEASE.

#11 Edited by ohrenclez (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus:

It's a promotional video for a german movie theatre

the last line is german and means "that's how movies are fun" losely translated

and...yeah..red hair...much better

#12 Posted by THEBlaqueBasterd (384 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hunter114: actually the shots from Avengers WERE mostly new shots/reveals.. to the point where ppl started complainin thered be nothin left to see...

You are half right tho.. The REAL reason behind this is they need us to remember the film exists coz Avengers just did a Billion &climbing.. so theyre desperate to not lose traction in the run up

#13 Posted by THEBlaqueBasterd (384 posts) - - Show Bio

surprised he didnt do more of his own stunts tbh.. He is an ex-gymnast afterall so it isnt inconcievable

thing is.. this movie would probly do REALLY well any other yr but this one.. but now its gonna have to stackup against Avengers.. &we know whatt u fickle fanboys &tourists can be like...so its gonna be interesting

#14 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@THEBlaqueBasterd:

Some of them were... only a few specific clips showed new footage, but the tv hotspots were mostly footage we've seen before... the last count was about 13, and that's going a little far for my taste.

You are half right tho.. The REAL reason behind this is they need us to remember the film exists

@Hunter114 said:

They mean nothing.. not a damn thing...it's just "their" way of getting your attention and to keep reminding you that the movie exists

I wouldn't call that half right because it's pretty much exactly what I said... the reason they do it is because there are millions of other things that we are subjected to in the media and it's easy to forget or for things to fade into obscurity. Some people don't know who the Flash is, but because they watch the Big Bang Theory, they associate the logo with that show instead of the actual character it's supposed to represent... which is why the movie with the most exposure is the one that most people will watch.

#15 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4637 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even an adamantium bullet to my brain will remove that song.

#16 Posted by jonnystorm777 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to be a good movie. A lot of people say that it isn't going to be good. I think spidey looks awesome.

#17 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty cool

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.