tomlikesfries's The Amazing Spider-Man #698 - Dying Wish Prelude: Day in the Life review

ASM #698 Review

This issue delivers a huge twist of events. Although it doesn't actually reveal what will happen in the seven hundredth ending number, we can get a solid idea of the upcoming events.

Consider this issue as a prologue to the next two, due to the multiple non-important events Spidey goes through. Although this was an enjoyable read, Peter sees Aunt May taking her first steps, he visits MJ's nightclub, we see him creating his web fluid, and even beating up an "every-day" criminal. It seemed to me Dan Slott did all that to make sure there were 22 pages, as the only thing that actually mattered was the time we spent seeing Doc Ock.

Richard Elson's art is great. His smooth style is much better than Klaus Janson's, although Pete looked like a dork in some panels.

To be honest, I'm not at all excited for the upcoming changes, as Peter is, in my opinion, the one and only Spider-Man. Still, we can see how it goes, and hopefully Dan Slott won't make a mess of things. Overall, this issue was a must-pick, due to the turn of events, and it gets a solid 8/10