wmwadeii's The Amazing Spider-Man #697 - Danger Zone, Part Three: War of the Goblins review

Amazing Spider-Man #697 Review

Cover - 5/5

- Would I pick-up the comic based on the cover alone? Are the alternate covers appealing? Does the cover portray what happens in the issue?

Art - 4/5

- Do I personally like this artist's style? Does the artist stay true to the characters appearance?

Color/Ink - 5/5

- Does the work blend well with the artist? Is the coloring/inking enjoyable and easy to distinguish what's happening?

Layout - 5/5

- Does the layout of the issue make it easy to read? Does the issue have a good flow of the plot and keep me engaged?

Story - 5/5

- Weighted Triple. How well did the issue further develop the current story arc? How well did the issue further develop the characters?

Verdict - 4.9

- What I think: You get a very interesting cover with this issue, Spider-Man appears to be throwing shiney Pumpkin Bombs and you get the reflection of Hobgoblin (Kingsley) and Hobgoblin (Macendale). The only problem I have had with this run is the art style. Even though it has grown on me and actually can look pretty good with the Hobgoblins, it's just not for me. Overall I enjoyed the issue. It closes the Danger Zone between Spidey, Kingpin, and the two Hobgoblins. During the entire issue your almost certain that Max Modell is going to discover that Peter is Spider-Man. Luckily Pete is quick on his feet and finds ways to convince Max that he has stood in for Spidey before (The Amazing Spider-Man #12 - Unmasked by Dr. Octopus!). We eventually see Spider-Man outwit the Hobgoblins and due to their failure to aquire Norman Osborn's Goblin stash, Kingpin in rage destroys the master Spider-sense jammer he had created. You get to also see a cameo by Harry Osborn and his son, as well Norman seems to have come out of his coma.

Other reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man #697 - Danger Zone, Part Three: War of the Goblins

Welcome to the Goblin's Workshop 0

I have been a Spider-Man fan all my life and have been enjoying this series for the best part since J. Michael Straczynski's run and although some of the stories are much better than the others and some have been poor the majority of them have been very good. I have really enjoyed what Dan Slott has been doing with the character and am really looking forward to issue 700, and can't remember being this excited reading AMS in a long time.PlotThis issue sees Peter Parker and Max Modell (who are in ...