duo_forbidden's The Amazing Spider-Man #685 - Ends of the Earth, Part Four: Global Menace review

Spider-Man: World's Most Wanted?

Synopsis: Doctor Octopus' plans are finally put to motion.

Spider-Man and a few others are alone to believe that Doctor Octopus is scheming something rather than actually saving the world. Now being named the most wanted man in the world, Spidey, Black Widow, and Silver Sable must try to put a stop to Doc. Ock's before his true plans are set into motion. There's also the preparations of The Amazing Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth one shot coming out later this month.

In my heart, I will always support the Peter and Mary Jane relationship and hope they will get back together, but I wanted to slap Peter in this issue after turning down Silver Sable. Of course I don't think that relationship would evolve into something more, but it's the attempt that I liked. After all, seeing old flames is fine, but they're other ladies in the sea and that could be fun to explore.

But at the end of the issue, Ock's intentions are truly known, and it's not really a surprise. He's a dying man with nothing to lose. He puts Spider-Man in what seems to be checkmate.

Humberto Ramos returns yet again to the art duty in what seems to be taking over for Stefano Caselli. Unlike the previous issue, Ramos goes back to his exaggerated style that I know, and it's great.

Overall:

And with this issue, things are not looking good for Spider-Man.

Other reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man #685 - Ends of the Earth, Part Four: Global Menace