deranged_midget's The Amazing Spider-Man #682 - Ends of the Earth, Part One: My World On Fire review

A spectacular start to "Ends of the Earth"

Dan Slott begins his first issue of the new End's of the Earth event with a bang!

The Good:

Man oh man! Slott has definitely brought Spidey up to a new level since he began writing for him. The issue starts off with a bang introducing some of Spiderman's "new" tech that he kinda ripped off one of his most popular villains. It's a treat to see how Spiderman can develop all of this tech and shows how brilliant he truly is given the time and resources to do so. Doc Ock is on the verge of death and his final "master plan" is revealed which has the people of the Western Hemisphere second guessing his true intentions. The re-introduction of the Sinister Six is a delight to see and what tops it off is a guest appearance by The Avengers themselves and none other than the jolly one himself.

Also, Spidey's new suit isn't all too shabby either and actually serves a larger purpose than to simply be a stylish new look.

I've said this once and I'll say it again, Stefano Caselli is the best Spiderman artist of this generation. He just has the actions, facial expressions and locations down pat. His pencils couple with Frank Martin Jr's colours are wonderfully vibrant and just jump out at you. It makes everything feel so alive and flow together perfectly. It almost makes me sad that Caselli won't be pencilling each issue of this event.

The Bad:

There wasn't too much of anything to complain about in this issue. But I very much find it hard to give anything a perfect score. My only gripe would have to be how fast the pacing is going, with everything being so quickly revealed, I wish that they could have extended this event to be longer than simply 4 issues.

The Verdict:

With some of the most stunning art I''ve seen for Spiderman and the incredible mind of Dan Slott behind Spidey as always, the opening issue of "Ends of the Earth" is brilliant and simply a must read for any fan of Spiderman.

Posted by kingjoeg

Ends of the earth lasts for 6 issues not 4.

Posted by Deranged Midget

@kingjoeg: Is it really? Brilliant!

Moderator

Other reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man #682 - Ends of the Earth, Part One: My World On Fire

Comic Review -- Amazing Spider-Man #682: The Ends of the Earth, p 0

Originally posted on my blog, The Comics Cove, not too long ago...I think this cover is pretty clever, with Doc Ock's arms lashing Spidey over a planet-shaped globe. It certainly sets up the premise of the story, involving Dr. Octopus's apparent desire to save the planet vs. Spider-Man's steadfast distrust of him and anything he's involved in. Very dramatic, and a delight to behold.This story starts off with Peter talking about how many gadgets he's been making for himself as Spider-Man, while h...

Doctor Octopus Goes Global. 0

Synopsis: The end of the world comes sooner (or does it) as Doctor Octopus unleashes his ultimate plan.Well, it's finally here. But before I get into the main story, there were other story developments to take notice.Let me start by talking about both Peter and Spider-Man. He's been taking his "No one dies" policy quite seriously in the last couple of issues. On top of that, he really takes advantage of his resources at Horizon Labs making all sorts of gadgets and skills to help him fight (as if...