djotaku's The Amazing Spider-Man #670 - Spider-Island Part Four: Spiders, Spiders Everywhere review

Strange Things Are Happening To Me

I love this issue for the same reason I think most people will hate it: it's a jumbled mess.  If it were a TV show, it would probably be a soap opera with it's constant jump cuts to what's happening with the rest of the cast.  But as I mentioned before, Slott is doing an amazing job of keeping all the mini-series tightly involved with the main book.  This really should be the template for all future Marvel events. Unlike Fear Itself, there's a reason to grab up all the extra issues.  For example, this issue validates buying the Spider-Woman One-Shot.  Also, it's great for keeping all the timelines straight.  This really is the best-handled event at Marvel this year.

So everyone's actually turning into spiders now and now everyone wants Anti-Venom's help getting cured.  Something happens between him and Venom that will probably be expanded upon in this week's Venom issue.  And poor MJ - the only New Yorker without Spider-powers.  And Slott gets all the mileage he can out of Spidey's Schaudenfruede at J. Jonah Jameson having spider-powers.  I can't really speak to much else without giving away plot points.

The art is better in this issue and doesn't suffer from any obviously gross deformities.  (no pun intended because the spider-people are totally gross deformities)

I'm enjoying this event and Slott has been doing a great job with the right amount of exposition.  If he can keep up this level of polish once the event is over, it'll be great for ASM fans.

Edited by ElCapitan

"I can cut out a hole for your mustache!"

Posted by djotaku
@el33tcapitan: then he'd look like Herc in the SI tie-in covers

Other reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man #670 - Spider-Island Part Four: Spiders, Spiders Everywhere

Too Much Going On 0

My head is still reeling from reading this issue of The Amazing Spider-Man. Part of the "Spider Island" event, this issue found Peter Parker dealing with a whole city being mutated by a spider virus. Not only that, but there's Venom, Anti-Venom, The X-Men, Mr. Fantastic, and a whole other slew of characters doing way too much in this issue.It was written by Dan Slott, who has been writing the bulk of this series for some time, and it really wasn't his best. I can understand the difficulty of doi...