marvelman1985's The Amazing Spider-Man #665 - Crossroads review

Very Disappointing

I was very disappointed with this issue as well. I hoped it would be one of those "1980's like' comics in which Spider-Man was a background character and oversaw the lead-character that only appeared in this comic, like a tendent being evicted out of his house or something. But this was flat and no soul in it at all.. The story wanted to be inspiring and clearly used those older comic-stories i just described as inspiration, but it just did not live up to it's expectations. I would, therefore, not recommend this issue.

Other reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man #665 - Crossroads

Disappointing 0

I'll come clean: I'm not a regular 616 Spider-Man reader, but I heard good things about ASM from my brother and this issue seemed rather self-contained, so I picked it up. What I don't understand is who this book is targeted to? It's rated T+, but it reads like it was written for elementary school kids. I don't know how Dan Slott's other work reads, but he seems to have no confidence in his reader's abilities to intuit any subtext. Most egregious is MJ's thought balloon on the faux end of the pr...