kallarkz's The Amazing Spider-Man #665 - Crossroads review

• kallarkz wrote this review on .
  • kallarkz has written a total of 4 reviews. The last one was for Part One

A Unique Hero..A Great Story

The Story:
Peter Parker and his long time friend Betty have an established movie night the first Friday of every month. Lately though, Spider-Man has been unable to spend time with her since hes on two different Avenger teams, the FF and does his routine patrols as Spider-Man. Betty wants to see her favorite movie finally and is done waiting for Peter to accompany her...but when she goes by herself she gets more than she bargains for.

The Good:
Although I attempt to be partial with every comic I read Spider-Man has been a favorite character of mine for some time and this issue simply proved to me why he is so unique and special. I do not want to get too far into detail about the issue but it is rare that I feel real close to a comic and this one simply connected with me. This issue allows one to place him/herself in Spider-Mans shoes and lets you feel the burden of the sacrifice he must make to his friends and loved ones. I can imagine full-time students, police officers, firefighters and all other types of people whose current goal or career requires them to dedicate a lot of time to their work connecting with this story.

The Bad:
The only part of the issue that I didn't like that those of you who read it might see was the fact that Spider-Man took something and gave it to someone as Peter Parker that could clearly make his identity be tracked back to him. But Superman gets to get away with being the obvious Clark Kent so I'll let this slide. ;p

Verdict:
I'm just a dude. I don't write stories and I haven't been reading comics since I was 4 years old but I know a good story when I read one and this was worth the $3.99. Buy it and have a great day.
Posted by CATPANEXE
Posted by Johnnyjavavee

Did anyone notice that Spidey lands the spider-tracer on the wrong guy?? In the end the guy he's looking for is with the guy that the tracer is on, but still I bet Spidey didn't mean to do that.