duo_forbidden's The Amazing Spider-Man #656 - No One Dies, Part 2: Resolve review

Another costume, another game changer

Synopsis:   In order for Peter to begin his new policy to combat the Walking Massacre, Peter creates a new suit.

What's Good?

This is not the Spider-man I'm used to seeing. As I mentioned in the previous issue, I was wondering how Peter was going back up his words without the use of his Spider-sense. It really does make you think how much Peter relied on his spider-sense till now. On top of that, Peter is dealing with a emotionless bomber. After the first attempt, I like that Peter makes another suit thanks to his new job. The armor suit is a great addition to Peter's arsenal thanks to the lost of his spider-senses. Seeing these new costumes reminds me of the time Peter don those other costumes when he was framed a long time ago (Dusk, Hornet, Prodigy, and Ricohet,). But Peter's not the only one who's changing. Because of the recent death of his wife, and The Walking Massacre, Jonah Jameson begins a new policy as well. When it seems that these two characters made peace with each other, their (one sided) vendetta begins anew.

I really have come to appreciate Marcos Martin's art style in recent issues. Simple, but it works. The classic look is a great feel for both issues. I also like how the new armor suit looks.

What's Bad?

While Jonah Jameson's new policy is a bit extreme, Peter's "No one dies" policy seems a bit too much. Peter has got to be the most overbearing superhero that I know. That's one trait I love and hate about him at the same time. I don't want to see Peter fail, but what happens if he fails in the future?

Overall: I enjoyed this story more than I thought I would. The next issue focuses on another recent death of a marvel character Johnny Storm, and seeing how Peter is close to his family, it's going to be interesting what his take will be on the matter. And maybe we'll get some small details on FF?