marvelguy15's The Amazing Spider-Man #647 - Another Door; Honor Thy Father; Stand Off; Norah's Last Night In NYC; J. Jonah Jameson - The Musical; American Hero; You Again review

Amazing Spider-Man #647 Review

Brand New Day ends Here! Almost all of Spidey's regular writers for the last two years come together to send him on his way and to the Big Time! Fred Van Lente tackles the first, most important, and best story here. It mainly acts as a wrap-up for quite a few of the straggling plotlines in Amazing Spider-Man lately. The art by Max Fumara didn't sell me right away, but I got into it pretty quick. It's cool how the start of the issue is about Halloween and the holiday just happend here in the real world. I really liked how Carlee freaked out Peter and told him off about everything that has been bothering her. I liked the bit where Peter grabs the Spidey Halloween costume as a substitute. The end Party scence is the best because of how personal it is. It deals with the everyday characters in Peter's life, as opposed to the costumed freaks he fights. Harry and Peter have a good talk and Harry resolves his issues with Spider-Man. Harry has named the baby Stanley and I think thats a cool tribute. There's a cool moment with Harry & Vin which is goes over to the second story written by Zeb Wells. I loved the scence with Peter and Mary Jane, the dynamic of their relationship is one that  is individual to ASM and I am interested to see where it goes.I think the way it is left is with some unresolved issues with a bit of sexual tension. The end of it does goes well for Peter and Carlee though. There is four more stories after the second one which was fantastic. Check out this issue because you are getting a lot of Spidey for your bucks. 5/5

Other reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man #647 - Another Door; Honor Thy Father; Stand Off; Norah's Last Night In NYC; J. Jonah Jameson - The Musical; American Hero; You Again