cherry_bomb's The Amazing Spider-Man #637 - The Grim Hunt, Conclusion; Hunting the Hunter Part Four: Burning Bright review

WOOOOOO.

About

The latest storyline "Grim Hunt"comes to a conclusion in this issue. The vengeful Kravinoff family go all out to kill the 'Spiders', but just like any family, the Kravinoff's have problems of their own .. Arana, Arachne and Madame Web are all in critical danger and only Spiderman can save them from the resurrected Kraven!

Good

This was a really good issue and a great ending to a very good stoyline. This pushed all my buttons ... so to speak. The characters all had decent enough appearances and new progressions between them happened. It was a little surprise to see what happened to Arachne, I don't know if I like this new character development, but I guess I'll have to see. The action scenes were well constructed and it even had a 'horror movie' feel to it, that kept me in suspense.  I loved Ana Kravinoff, I think she's an awesome character and is perfect with the whole 'creepy young girl' edge she has.

Bad

There isn't really 'bad' points with this issue, like I said, it pushed the right buttons. My only point was maybe the development of Arachne in this issue, it was kinda surprising, but I'm not sure this is necessarily a good change for her character, and I love Julia, so I don't think I'm ready to see her with a big change like this. They didn't really address why Spiderwoman wasn't included in the arc, unless I just missed it. I mean, they had all of the Spiderwomen, except the spiderwoman. So it was disappointing that she wasn't included.

Overall

This is an essential read when it comes to Spiderman, you see characters like Arachne, the Kravinoffs and Spiderman truly develop and go all out ... kicking ass and taking names. The art is good, the colouring was nice and dark when needed and I enjoyed the 'classic horror' cliche's mixed into this. The ending is also nice too.  ALOT of deaths happen and the overall storyline in general, so be prepared for some changes that you may not like.
Posted by War Killer

Nice review, Cherry! :D

Posted by Cherry Bomb
@War Killer: Thank you! I try I try. ^_^
Posted by War Killer
@Cherry Bomb said:
" @War Killer: Thank you! I try I try. ^_^ "
You try, and you succeed! :D
Posted by Cherry Bomb
@War Killer said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @War Killer: Thank you! I try I try. ^_^ "
You try, and you succeed! :D "
aww, thats  very kind of you to say ^_^

Other reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man #637 - The Grim Hunt, Conclusion; Hunting the Hunter Part Four: Burning Bright