brewski420's The Amazing Spider-Man #14 - The Grotesque Adventure of the Green Goblin review

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #14

Written by Stan Lee and drawn by Steve Ditko. This issue marks the first appearence of my all time favorite villian, the green Goblin! The beginning of this comic we have the Green Goblin meeting up with the Enforcers to plan Spider-Man's defeat! They come up with a plan that involves tricking Spidey into coming to New Mexico to star in his own movie. Which he's told he will be paid $50,000. Our hero agrees to be in the movie since he and his aunt May really need the money. When arriving in New Mexico to start filming the movie he's ambushed by the Goblin and the Enforcers. They actually give Spidey the fight of his life(at the time) and he's forced to flee from them into nearby cave. They follow him into the cave to capture the web head, but the Hulk unexpectedly comes from deep within the cave and starts to fight the ol' web head. Spidey manages to defeat the Enforcers and escape death at the hands of the Hulk, but the Green Goblin gets away during the fight. The movie never gets made and Spidey never gets the $50,000. So Spidey heads back to New York as poor as when he left. At the end of this issue we see the Green Goblin at his secret headquarters changing into his civiian duds, which i thought was the best scene out of this whole issue. I have to say that the story in this comic wasn't very good. Maybe the worst comic ever that the Green Goblin was in! I mean i just didn't like the idea of the Green Goblin's first appearence being like this! It's kinda lame actually. The art was good as always, but Stan Lee just seemed to throw this story together without a care. This comic is a classic, but not one of the good ones i'd have to say. I still recommend you reading this comic since this does have the original Green Goblins appearence, but just because of that fact.

Other reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man #14 - The Grotesque Adventure of the Green Goblin

All the Elements of a Great Comic Without Actually Being Great 0

Part of CV's Top 100 Spider-Man Universe Stories - reviewed!Another issue of The Amazing Spider-Man, and another classic Spidey villain is introduced - The Green Goblin! And we also get the return of The Enforcers... and if that still wasn't enough, there's a special guest star: The Hulk. So this is an awesome issue, right?Not so fast. There are a lot of problems here. For one thing the characters don't seem to react to each other naturally. For example, the Green Goblin - the creepiest looking ...

ONE OF THE GREATEST VILLAINS OF ALL TIME 0

So here we see the intoruction of Green Goblin: YAY! i mean he's on of my favourite villains along with carnage.THE PLOT:Spidey is doing his thing. Y'know fighting crime etc. But meanwhile The Green Goblin's plans are in progress. As he finishes all his gadgets, tells a movie director he can get spider-man in a movie (obviously a trap) and that if he films it it'll make millions. And he goes to the Enforcers (the Big Man's Henchman introduced in Issue 10) to help him. When Gobby tells The Wall C...