etragedy's The Amazing Spider-Man #11 - Turning Point review

Spidey vs. Doc Ock Round 2 Does Not Disappoint!

Part of CV's Top 100 Spider-Man Universe Stories - reviewed!

The best of the first ten issues of The Amazing Spider-Man is probably issue #3, the first time Spider-Man encounters Doctor Octopus. Now, in issue 11, Doctor Octopus is released from prison for time served and good behavior, and the rematch between them does not disappoint!

The only small problem with this comic is that when last we saw Doc Ock, two of his mechanical arms had been fused together, and now they're fully restored - we can only assume that he was able to repair them while in prison, where they didn't seem to try to restrict or remove them.

Other than that the issue is fantastic. We learn why Betty Brant was involved with the mobsters of last issue in a story that takes us from New York City to Philadelphia and weaves a tale of intrigue and organized crime - all culminating in battle on a boat in the Philly harbor between Spider-Man and Doc Ock.

I don't want to give any more away - just read this issue!