otoboke's The Amazing Spider-Man #1 - Spider-Man Vs. The Chameleon review

Spider-Man Versus the Chameleon

Out with the old and in with the new for 1963! Upon the huge success of Spider-Man featured in the now defunct Amazing (adult) Fantasy series, Marvel cashes in and sends the same creative team to make comic book history. Providing a neat little backstory for those who may have missed Peter’s debut around seven months prior,Amazing Spider-Man #1 mixes the pathos of the original’s origin story with an action-packed narrative that pits Spider-Man against a foe who can transform himself to look like anyone—even Spider-Man himself! In amongst Spider-Man riding on top of a jet and trying to persuade the Fantastic Four to let him join their ranks in order to make a little dough for his aunt May however, is the same old Peter Parker with his social problems and money issues, and oh yeah, the death of his uncle which he blames himself for. Heavy stuff, and this is just the first issue.

For full reviews complete with digitally recovered covers and art work, visit http://manicmarvel.tumblr.com/

Other reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man #1 - Spider-Man Vs. The Chameleon

The Fabulous Fantastic Four Meet Spider-Man 0

Part of CV's Top 100 Spider-Man Universe Stories - reviewed!Found in Amazing Spider-Man #1, "The Fabulous Fantastic Four Meet Spider-Man" tells the story of how everybody's favorite web-slinger meets the World's Greatest Super Team. Unfortunately, it's kind of an inauspicious beginning. Spider-Man, intent on joining the Fantastic Four somehow thinks it's a good idea to break into the Baxter Building to show off his prowess. He does with predictable results: basically the Four attack him, and he ...

Amazing Spider-Man #1-5 Overview 0

Spider-Man is my favorite super hero, and growing up as a child I was fortunate enough to have a father who had collected Marvel Tales reprints of most of the early Amazing Spider-Man issues, as well as the original issues that came out while growing up. Recently I decided to revisit them for the first time in years, and thought it might be nice to do some grouped together overviews.I don’t want to spend too much time on his origin story in Amazing Fantasy #15, as I’m sure most of you know it. B...