madeinbangladesh's The Amazing Spider-Man #1 - Lucky To Be Alive; Recapturing That Old Spark; Crossed Paths; How My Stuff Works; Homecoming, Sort Of; Kaine; Learning To Crawl: Awazing Reality review

New Series, New Movie! (Amazing Spider-Man #1)

(Quick and Unprofessional Review)

Well, our friendly neighborhood Spidey is back in the swing of things! SpOck is no more. I enjoyed Doc Ock's run as Superior Spiderman. It shock things up and made for some interesting new stories. Since Parker is now back, it makes for some more compelling stories.

This first issue opens up with the humour we all were used to with goofy villains and the witty dialogue. Cheesy Spidey jokes for the win!!! We got to see how Peter feels about everything since coming back. I excepted him to have a hard time adjusting. I thought Peter was going to be depressed with how his life was turned upside down, but he deals with everything pretty smoothly. I like this calm approach Slott is taking, but I expect things to get really difficult for Parker in the upcoming issues. He hasn't dealt with everything yet from SpOck's reign. I am also curious to know what exactly happens to Doc Ock. I am sure he will back in some way. Also, did Mary Jane get breast implants!?!?!

I enjoyed reading this a lot. I knew Peter's return would be interesting to read. I'm pumped to see what goes down in the next few issues. The cliffhanger left us hanging with a revelation. How is Petey going to deal with it? I heard some people's distaste over Ramos' art, but I think it fits the tone of the book perfectly. I usually complain about Marvel's "Too Damn High" price point on their books, but we got 80 pages worth of comics for 6$. That is a pretty good deal. The main story was 20 pages just as usual and we got several back ups. I didn't care much for the back up stories, except for the Black Cat one. I can't wait to see what goes down between her and Spidey. It didn't go so well the last time they encountered each other. This #1 also included the 1st issue of Inhumans, which I already read before. It wasn't that great.

Amazing Spiderman #1 came out at a perfect time with Amazing Spider-Man 2 premiering. I can see this #1 selling a butt ton. Man, I tell you what, Marvel sure knows how to market (Take notes DC), take all the cash from out wallets.

Peter Parker is finally back after 17 months and I am sure the fans are awfully delighted to the original web-slinger back. I for one am curious to see what happens next in Pete's life and how he continues to deal with the ramifications. 8/10

And lastly, no SpiderMan review is complete without a SpiderMan meme!

Edited by ilikedonuts

Nice review

Posted by Spider-Man

His web diaper will be painful. #manscape

Nice review

His web diaper will be painful. #manscape

Thnaks for checking the review

Nuh-nice!!

Dude you commented the same thing 15 times!! Damn Comic Vine is utterly broken.

@punyparker said:

Nuh-nice!!

Dude you commented the same thing 15 times!! Damn Comic Vine is utterly broken.

I know,sorry......
CV is really clunky.

Posted by SUPER-MAN 23

lol dude, awesome review loved it! Still have to read this new series and finish the superior spiderman one as well. Loved the meme.

@punyparker: still didn't get this on my notifs

thanks man. didn't get this notification.

Posted by SUPER-MAN 23

@punyparker: still didn't get this on my notifs

@super_man_23 said:

thanks man. didn't get this notification.

I know man, it's cool. COMICVINE is getting crazy these days. Especially with the notifications. Keep up the awesome work friend.

Other reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man #1 - Lucky To Be Alive; Recapturing That Old Spark; Crossed Paths; How My Stuff Works; Homecoming, Sort Of; Kaine; Learning To Crawl: Awazing Reality