Follow

The A-Team

Team » The A-Team appears in 69 issues.

During the Vietnam War, the A-Team was convicted of a crime they did not commit. They escaped from prison and became soldiers of fortune, righting any wrongs they encountered while continuing to evade the law.

Looks Like The A-Team Is Back On Track

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    Originally the plan was for an A-Team movie to come out this summer.  Obviously that's not happening.  John Singleton was supposed to be the director but he dropped out.  Supposedly Ice Cube had expressed interest in playing the role of B.A. Baracus.  Now it looks like Fox has plans for a June 11, 2010 release.  I guess it will be a big summer blockbuster-type movie.  Or at least, that's the plan.  Joe Carnahan (who wrote and directed the crazy "Smokin' Aces") is set to direct and Ridley Scott will produce.  Stephen Cannell (creator of the television show) will also be one of the producers.

Can a movie based on this show be a big hit?  According to Variety:
    Fox has struggled to find a way to exploit the branded TV show while avoiding the campy nature of the series.  Carnahan and the Scott Brothers say they will use the original premise of the series as the template for an action film. In the original, four Vietnam vets convicted of armed robbery escape from military prison and became do-gooder mercenaries.  The Middle East will replace Vietnam as the venue, but Carnahan said the origin story is the jumping off point.

"You can ... make a film that reflects on the real world without losing the great sense of fun, and the velocity of action in a classic summer popcorn film," Carnahan said. "Having Ridley and Tony on board lends considerable weight to that and classes up the whole project."
    Maybe it's just me but I don't think this is going to be a good movie.  I wasn't a huge fan of the show so maybe that's part of it.  Nostalgia is one thing but I'm not sure how many people still sit back and reflect on the time they spent watching "The A-Team."  Movies based off of old TV shows has gotten old.  If they can get some star power in the cast, I could change my mind. 

What I really want to know is who still owns a copy of the comic?
    Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

o m d g

please let this show die the death it deserves....

whats next?

McGyver Movie???

Citizen Vance*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Citizen Vance*

WHY!!!???

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

The fact that they wanted it to come out this year and weren't able to should say something.  Also that they're releasing it in the summer is saying they think it'll be huge. 

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By gunswordfist

OH GOD NO!!! I HATED Smokin Aces so much. Especially when it turned into a Reynolds actioner. *drops A-Team off of to watch list*

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

oooh a McGyver movie would be amazing!!!!!

.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red L.A.M.P. said:
    "oooh a McGyver movie would be amazing!!!!!"
    -____________-

your a weirdo :-P
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

I can't think of McGyver without thinking of Patty and Selma obsessing over whatshisname, the actor.  Great episode when he guest starred.

.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

G-Man said:
    "I can't think of McGyver without thinking of Patty and Selma obsessing over whatshisname, the actor.  Great episode when he guest starred."
    OMG yes when he was all obsessed with being McGyver again.. great ep
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9  Edited By Decept-O

An A-Team movie??  I could poop out a long snake, full of corn kernels, and that would be far more entertaining than a "movie" based off this drivel.   I Keel Chu!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.