The youngest mutant..

#1 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio

So i was reading issue 42 of new x-men and they were trying to figure out who the youngest mutant is.. Well they said it was Indra, but wouldn't it be Molly from Runaways. They even mentioned her, but she is 12 though... or could it be one of the Richards kids..

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

For the sake of the plot and to keep that issue moving, they kept saying that both Franklin & Molly didn't count.  Although it wasn't stated why Molly didn't count, they did say in Franklin's defence that no-one would attack the kid of Invisible Woman & Mr Fantastic.

But seriously, Franklin should at least be in his late-teens by now.  He wasn't in utero for 5 years, and he wasn't an infant for a decade... but he's been a pre-teen for about 20 or 30 years (if not more!).  Even Molly has aged at least a year.  Sorry, the age thing really annoys me.
#3 Posted by lceman (190 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't followed the whole Cable/Bishop etc thing. But isn't that baby the youngest mutant?

#4 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio
@lceman said:
" I haven't followed the whole Cable/Bishop etc thing. But isn't that baby the youngest mutant? "
hmm, wasn't the mutant birth after that issue though...
#5 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I would say Franklin is the youngest mutant(not counting baby mutant who might be the same age as him now).

#6 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Franklin still have his powers?

#7 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" Does Franklin still have his powers? "
im sure he does, in the one Utopia book he asked Sue if people hated him, because of the Mutant riot thing...
#8 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"@danhimself said:
im sure he does, in the one Utopia book he asked Sue if people hated him, because of the Mutant riot thing..."

yeah I remember that but I've been reading Fantastic Four since Millar's run started and he hasn't used them at all
#9 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"@danhimself said:
im sure he does, in the one Utopia book he asked Sue if people hated him, because of the Mutant riot thing..."
yeah I remember that but I've been reading Fantastic Four since Millar's run started and he hasn't used them at all "
Wouldn't his sister be a mutant too.
#10 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" @danhimself said:
" @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"@danhimself said:
yeah I remember that but I've been reading Fantastic Four since Millar's run started and he hasn't used them at all "
Wouldn't his sister be a mutant too. "
If super intelligence counts as a mutant power, than yes.
#11 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio

according to his profile Franklin "used up" all of his powers to revive Galactus....so maybe he's still a mutant but he can't use his powers

#12 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" according to his profile Franklin "used up" all of his powers to revive Galactus....so maybe he's still a mutant but he can't use his powers "
Why would he revive Galactus.. Who in the right mind would do that??
#13 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"@danhimself said:
" according to his profile Franklin "used up" all of his powers to revive Galactus....so maybe he's still a mutant but he can't use his powers "
Why would he revive Galactus.. Who in the right mind would do that??"
apparently to defeat someone called Abraxas
#14 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" @danhimself said:
Why would he revive Galactus.. Who in the right mind would do that?? "
The Fantastic Four did it before, back in the 80's.  Lilandra was still fighting to take her throne back from Deathbird, but still found the time to threatened Reed & Sue.  They were asleep in bed, when Lilandra used a hologram to appear in their bedroom claiming that if Galactus destroyed any more sentient life that they would hold the Fantastic Four personally responsible.

Like father like son?

Besides, Franklin has the ability to create a whole new universe and trap all the heroes inside of it.  As if saving Galactus would use up all his powers for good.  
#15 Posted by AngelFrost (2797 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry to interupt ...

But are the F4 kids classed as Mutants?
They get their powers from their parents exposure to cosmic rays or something, Not a genetic-evolved-human mutant like the X-Men....

Sorry,  I'm a bit confused.

#16 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin is a mutant.  He's concerned that the public hatred for mutants means that people wont like him.  However, the New X-Men didn't include him in their list because they believed that no-one would attack the kid of the Fantastic Four.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.