Artifacts

• 104 results
#1 Edited by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

The other thread was in Broken Trinity page so I though we need something similar here. So, thread about these 13 artifacts and speculation of which could be the remaining ones.

So first one was kind of shown to us, a balance between Glacier and Ember Stone.

Balance between Ember and Glacier Stone

Then there is this icon, This could be Heartstone or Coin of Sulaiman, shown in Witchblade 75...then again it also could be an artifact that Sonatine used.
Coin of Sulaiman
Sonatine's Artifact

Now there are only 3 left, one of them can only be Wheel of shadows for obvious wheel like appearance, that leave two more
Wheel of Shadows

Triangle and Skull....Life and Death?...if so, Life, I remember seeing weave referred as to "Life". But then again Triangle was used by a certain pyromancer, rumored to wield the power of the gods
Weave
Fire
#2 Posted by Comicman (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey thanks for going all this trouble to post this, I really appreciate it KillerZ.

#3 Edited by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

No problem. I like ancient artifacts and figuring out connections and all, be they real or fictional.

Like finding real life witchblade

Celtic stone marker
Incan gold glove
#4 Edited by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

A little update: Sonatine's artifact drops from being potential artifact, it is in fact related to Weave, it turned into bluish orb in Witchblade #58
In other news, Pyromancer, drops down in artifact list due do being a fire power, as we already have Fire represented in form of Ember Stone.

But shifting through Darkness hoping to find said items name, I spotted forgotten power written by current Witchblade writer Ron Marz

So new possible one of thirteen - The Smoke Dragons (official name unknown)

smokin'
#5 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, i think i like it.

#6 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
KillerZ said:
"A little update: Sonatine's artifact drops from being potential artifact, it is in fact related to Weave, it turned into bluish orb in Witchblade #58
In other news, Pyromancer, drops down in artifact list due do being a fire power, as we already have Fire represented in form of Ember Stone.

But shifting through Darkness hoping to find said items name, I spotted forgotten power written by current Witchblade writer Ron Marz

So new possible one of thirteen - The Smoke Dragons (official name unknown)
smokin'
"
wait a minute... related as in... it's a piece of the Weave, or related like The WItchblade, ANgelus, and darkness?
#7 Posted by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

Not quite sure how it's related, but it turned into this orb and the flew by some dead persons reviving them. These persons later went where the weave was buried, and got killed. So I'm guessing it was some small part of Weave.

#8 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Was there ever a name given for sontaine's artifact?

#9 Posted by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

Not that I could find.

#10 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

KillerZ this is a great thread! Love the old artifacts of the Witchblade.

By the way, ain't the Samurai used by Jackie and Ian Nothingham part of the 13 artifacts? its the sword that absorbs souls.

#11 Posted by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

The Bloodsword, yes that is one of the thirteen. Curator handed it to Finnegan after Broken Trinity event, and sent him on a quest to find balance of his own.

#12 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does he get to have the sword and the glacier stone? doesn't seem quite fair.

#13 Edited by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems that curator has some plans for Finn, for if he finds the balance, he then possesses 3 artifacts.

In subject of artifacts that triangle pic is awful familiar to Holy grail box, and the sign of illuminati. Or could it be something different, an opposite of Grail? ...seeing as the triangle is inverted..

Triangle
Grail Box
Illuminati
Grail it self

Edit: And another potential artifact the Black Pearl aka Demon Gem. User can transform into different dragon-like creature, inhibiting super-human strenght and durability (withstands an explosion of a fuel truck). It was what first brought Lara Croft and Sara Pezzini together.
Dragon
Black Pearl

#14 Posted by Comicman (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Well at first I set this up to collect information about the 13 Artifacts on one page from the internet, but with all your help and support KillerZ, you turned into something really great. Thank you very much and a really great friend KillerZ.

#15 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

That Black Pearl sounds like the Ember Stone... But yes, KillerZ you're awesome.

#16 Posted by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

aww, thanx guys, but Comicman deserves credit too.

#17 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

ummm, why?

I'm kidding,

I want more rapture and more weave. I think those two have been favorites so far.

#18 Edited by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

A character named Shine battled Pezzini few times, but Witchblade called him Betoig. Is he a character Witchblade fought previously, or is he something more? Maybe one of the 13...

Shine / Betoig
#19 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna see more of Finn. I love the ice powers.

#20 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Speaking of Glacier and Ember balance I can see why that is it. One: The Ember was a snake and clearly the one flashing red is a snake. Two: They shine two colors, one represent fire and the other ice.

But, now, I'm trying to figure out what kind of animal that is. I thought horse for a moment due to the hair. But, then how does it fit with ice?

#21 Posted by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

cool, I just noticed that Top Cow have used these 13 artifact icons before, in Universe comics, never noticed them before now.

caption
#22 Posted by Ice. (70 posts) - - Show Bio
KillerZ said:
"cool, I just noticed that Top Cow have used these 13 artifact icons before, in Universe comics, never noticed them before now.
caption
"
Not sure, what I'm supposed to be looking at.
#23 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Symbols on the TV set

#24 Posted by Ice. (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, I see it now. I was looking towards the right of that picture.

#25 Edited by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

found another powerful character, He seems to be Kain....Cain (however you spell that) the first murderer world ever saw, he has lived tens of thousands years he even planned to end the world. Right know he is known as Baron, he appeared in Arcanum comics.

murderer

Edit: funny thing about this char is that he was written in 1997, but this guy Zazalamel was introduced into Soul Calibur game in 2005, anyone notices the resemblance? Zazalamel also was immortal and his trade mark was one golden eye that accompanied him through reincarnations.
Baron
Zazalamel 1
Zazalamel 2
#26 Posted by Djinn (778 posts) - - Show Bio

this dude is starting to make me really like these artifacts i got to get the comics now

#27 Edited by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

Top Cow with it's artifacts is cool world, other comic publisher also have some sort of collection of powerful artifacts, but they don't integrate them into their world as much as Cows do. I personally like that connection hinting thing they have going as well, like villains named Kenneth Irons and Gavin Taylor in witchblade book appear in Ascension. Or Darkness bearer Lord Cardinale, he's head that was cut of in Medieval Spawn and Witchblade crossover appears in Arcanum issues, along with villain named Royale. Actually in Arcanum most of cow-verse characters quest appear: Cyberforce, Sara Pezzini, Leviathan from Weapon Zero. ...Now I got myself all hyped out, and need to search more connections.

Edit:
And a connection I found... I wanted to post another speculation about Weave but found something more, something that I missed earlier. In Evo one-shot Tarsem speaks of his past, he traveled back in time, but a bit too much, he ended up tens of thousands years. It's better to explain it with his own words from that comic.

"Since then I lay, powerless and dreaming, until ironically a burst of your power awakened me.*"

and that * had an explanation "as seen in family ties crossovers years back". So we got a confirmation that that entity released from bonding Darkness and Witchblade, is in fact Weave, a child if you will. I had a suspicion about it, because the word-play used by Top Cow. Family Ties cross over ended with words "The game is only beginning", and Weave appeared in crossover "Endgame".

caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
#28 Posted by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

I started thinking again, about the first 7 and then the 13. What if, when devil talked to Tom Judge about the seven artifacts, there only was 7. But an old prophecy talked about 13, even had the scroll of 13 made. One day new artifacts started to appear: Weave was created by union of witchblade and darkness. Seeing how Spear of Destiny wasn't in original 7. maybe it received some extra power that rose it to the level of 13 artifacts...maybe we were even shown that...

#29 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Rock's tattoos look like anything?
#30 Posted by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing come to mind when I look at that tattoo, seems Celtic though.

#31 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
KillerZ said:

reminds me of that one.
#32 Edited by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

there are lots of rectangles, might be related to that artifact somehow.

Edit: now thinking more about it. It would be cool if Top Cow hinted about the remaining artifacts that way.

#33 Posted by Citizen Vance* (293 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool thread.

#34 Posted by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

After rereading one of Top Cows comics, Cursed. I started to wonder what if the Osiris Amulet is one of the 13 as well, and how far is Shan finding in all the pieces.

Power of the amulet
#35 Posted by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

Tiny update:

Who is this mysterious guy, and what is his relations to the thirteen.

#36 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

Well what i understood from Witchblade #125, is that this guy represents the Darkness, hence him fighting the Angelus. It seems slighly odd though since it should be Jackie Estacado who stands there instead of the old guy, but since jackie kinda lost his Darkness powers and the writers said there wouldn't be any major cross-overs in this arc that they solve it this way?

#37 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, but the Magdalena also fought the Darkness [the entity itself not jackie] and that's just what i took that guy to be.

#38 Edited by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm doubting that he's a darkness creation, mostly because how he took care of angelus soldiers. That flash of light would of destroyed him... although that Darkness messenger, in the desert, created a rose garden not in total darkness, but at sundown.

Edit: shifting through that issue some more, and does he takes his leave in form of orb of some sort of light?

Edit II: I just thought of something... this dark old dude, Tau'Ma, he has a wheel like tattoo on his head, could he be the wielder of Wheel of Shadows. He is revealed to be the brother of Curator in latest issue, and if he has one of the 13, could Curator have one as well?

Wheel wielder?
#39 Posted by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio
Last seen wielder
We have a confirmation of one Artifact. Coin of Solomon is in fact one of the 13: Source. I have also been told by none other than Sejic himself that Weave is definitely not one of the 13. So now we have only two unnamed artifacts, their will be revealed in next summer, in "Artifact" series. One artifact was shown to us it was the balance between Glacier and Ember Stone

Balance of Amber and Glacier
#40 Edited by Angelus Hostess86 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Does that mean the balancer of the Ember and Glacier Stone will probably be female and only choose men

#41 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1711 posts) - - Show Bio
@KillerZ said:
" It seems that curator has some plans for Finn, for if he finds the balance, he then possesses 3 artifacts.

In subject of artifacts that triangle pic is awful familiar to Holy grail box, and the sign of illuminati. Or could it be something different, an opposite of Grail? ...seeing as the triangle is inverted..
Triangle
Grail Box
Illuminati
Grail it self

Edit: And another potential artifact the Black Pearl aka Demon Gem. User can transform into different dragon-like creature, inhibiting super-human strenght and durability (withstands an explosion of a fuel truck). It was what first brought Lara Croft and Sara Pezzini together.
Dragon
Black Pearl

"
I think the Triangle is maybe an opposite to the weel of shadows . and guys here is the cover for the upcoming artifacts series I saw it on comicvine . But It`s a little bit stupid cause dani has the witchblade on this picture and not the angelus .

#42 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1711 posts) - - Show Bio
@KillerZ said:

That`s  Tauma he is a foe of the curator and he influed sara in War of Witchblades
Wheel wielde
#43 Edited by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio
@BoOMbOoMpOw: judging by the location on the scroll: inverted triangle, aka The Heart Stone, should be the opposite of that skull thingy, and their balance is Coin of Solomon. Wheel of Shadow and Rapture should be natural opposites.
#44 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1711 posts) - - Show Bio
@KillerZ: OH ok O.O you seem to be an expert ; )
#45 Posted by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio
@BoOMbOoMpOw: not exactly an expert, just common sense, judging by glacier and ember stone opposition.
#46 Edited by BoOMbOoMpOw (1711 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at the tatoo of David Worthy . That was the symbole of the holy Grail itself or of the people wich drank from the grail something like that , and it looks very similar to the symbole of the triangle . So the theory that the triangle is the grail could be right.

#47 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

The biggest questions would be what makes a given artefact one of the Thirtheen? I mean the bloodsword was created by a mortal, a shaman who bound a demon in the blade and yet it is considered one of the thirtheen. This leads to speculate origin has nothing to do with it. The Angelus and the Darkness are primordial creations from before humanity while the Bloodsword is clearly at least periphically a product of humanity as was the Rapture whom, if memory serves me right (please correct me if I'm wrong), was created by a mortal alchemist.  

I also wonder if these thirtheen artefacts are the most important items in the universe, could there still be items of lesser power? For that matter, are these purported 13 artefacts really the most important or just part of an ensemble linked by destiny? 

That said can anyone compile a list for me of the artefacts that have been officially recognized as part of the Thirteen?

#48 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#49 Posted by KillerZ (1608 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach: 
You just need to click the Overview in right upper corner and you have the list.
#50 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

still I wonder, as said above, what makes an artifact one of the thirteen specially? What criteria and are there other similar artifact sets or other less important artifacts for that matter...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.