Who is more evil then Thanos?

#1 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3224 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think there is anyone that is more evil then the mad titan. He has done some pretty evil things in the past.

#2 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

you must be kidding right? there are many character much more evil then Thanos in comics.

#3 Posted by drkhwk2001 (4433 posts) - - Show Bio

Purple Man
Lobo
Nekron
Dark Beast
to name a few

#4 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3224 posts) - - Show Bio

Have they struck fear in a whole galaxy.

I believe Nekron  did.

But Lobo,Darkbeast,and Purpleman and dont think they are more evil.

#5 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

Lobo? Evil? Darkseid, yes, I believe him to be more evil.  Thanos has toned down somewhat, and see him more than evil, he's actually complex in character.
#6 Posted by drkhwk2001 (4433 posts) - - Show Bio
@King-Stranglehold da first said:
"  Have they struck fear in a whole galaxy.  I believe Nekron  did.  But Lobo,Darkbeast,and Purpleman and dont think they are more evil. "
The question was more evil, not more feared. Evil is in someones heart and state of mind the level of how feared someone is seperate from how evil someone is.
#7 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3224 posts) - - Show Bio
@drkhwk2001 said:
" @King-Stranglehold da first said:
"  Have they struck fear in a whole galaxy.  I believe Nekron  did.  But Lobo,Darkbeast,and Purpleman and dont think they are more evil. "
The question was more evil, not more feared. Evil is in someones heart and state of mind the level of how feared someone is seperate from how evil someone is. "
True.
#8 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3224 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean Thanos wants to whip out half the galaxy population just to please Death.

#9 Posted by drkhwk2001 (4433 posts) - - Show Bio
@King-Stranglehold da first said:
" I mean Thanos wants to whip out half the galaxy population just to please Death. "
True but the characters I named rape, kill and torture because they like it.
#10 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

Mephisot (caus he's the devil and no one is more evil then him) 
blackheat 
Lucifer morning star 
Possibly darkseid 
Great Evil Beast 
Anti monitor 
Hunger 
Abraxas 
yeah well you get the idea most of them are gods and abstracts aside from darkseid and blackheart.
#11 Posted by Edamame (28172 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is more nihilistic than "evil". 

#12 Posted by drkhwk2001 (4433 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" Thanos is more nihilistic than "evil".  "
Agreed.
#13 Posted by stevon (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering Thanos has given the Gardener a sweet talking and was reluctant to kill him, has felt guilty over his actions in Marvel: The End, has helped the heroes from people more evil than he is like the magus, I'd say there are plenty. Off the top there are: 

Darkseid 
Joker 
Red Skull

Mephisto 
Lex Luthor (if you count what he did to his sister) 
Anti-monitor 
Dr. Destiny 
Purple Man 
Shuma Gorath

#14 Edited by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theworldbreaker said:

"Mephisot (caus he's the devil and no one is more evil then him) blackheat Lucifer morning star Possibly darkseid Great Evil Beast Anti monitor Hunger Abraxas yeah well you get the idea most of them are gods and abstracts aside from darkseid and blackheart. "

Actually, he's not.  That's why he's called Mephisto and not Satan/Lucifer ;-)  He's A devil, not THE devil.
#15 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is to complex a character to lump him in with some of the above "evil" characters. At first yes he was one of the most evil characters there could be, wanting to kill half the universal population just to earn Death's favor is pretty evil. But since those days he's turned into quite the multidimensional character. He's still "evil" if you want to label him as such, but he also has done plenty to save the galaxy since his Infinity Gauntlet days. For example even though he wiped out all existence in Marvel's The End, he did it because the universe was out of sync, that and the heroes angered him. He even has the inner monologue that explains he doesn't know where the rage is coming from because of the defiant heroes and in the end he sacrifices himself to right what he did and fix the cosmic flow.

#16 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7823 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
" Thanos is to complex a character to lump him in with some of the above "evil" characters. At first yes he was one of the most evil characters there could be, wanting to kill half the universal population just to earn Death's favor is pretty evil. But since those days he's turned into quite the multidimensional character. He's still "evil" if you want to label him as such, but he also has done plenty to save the galaxy since his Infinity Gauntlet days. For example even though he wiped out all existence in Marvel's The End, he did it because the universe was out of sync, that and the heroes angered him. He even has the inner monologue that explains he doesn't know where the rage is coming from because of the defiant heroes and in the end he sacrifices himself to right what he did and fix the cosmic flow. "
Yeah, can't say much more than this really.
#17 Posted by ripcurl (535 posts) - - Show Bio

Since the Infinity Gauntlet Thanos has more often than not been portrayed as an antihero.
#18 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio
@stevon said:
"

Considering Thanos has given the Gardener a sweet talking and was reluctant to kill him, has felt guilty over his actions in Marvel: The End, has helped the heroes from people more evil than he is like the magus, I'd say there are plenty. Off the top there are: 

Lex Luthor (if you count what he did to his sister) 

"
And every thing else he's done in his life.
#19 Posted by DEGRAAF (7882 posts) - - Show Bio
Are more evil but less powerful
Lex Luthor  
Dr. Light (the original 

More Evil
Darkseid 
Anti-Monitor 
Nekron
#20 Posted by PowerHerc (84159 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps Mephisto, Dr. Doom and the Green Goblin.
#21 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Posted by Edamame (28172 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably the Shadow King. Nothing pleases him more than rampant destruction, violence, anger, hatred, fear, killing and destruction.

#23 Posted by darkcloakx (788 posts) - - Show Bio

dr. doom wants to rule the world and have all vibranium 
norman osborn 
carnage 
ultron 
sbaertooth 
morlun 
 all the one i can think of for right now 

#24 Posted by oldgum (326 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam Magus

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.