Follow

Thanos

Character » Thanos appears in 1258 issues.

An Eternal with the Deviant gene, making him unique and extremely powerful, even amongst his own kind. Above all else, Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death. Few can equal his intelligence, strength, and ambition for power. Thanos has wielded the Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Heart of the Universe.

When will Thanos return (again)?

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ThanoStomp

For those of you that read The Thanos Imperative, you know that Thanos The Mad Titan was trapped in the Cancerverse with Nova and Star-Lord.   I, for one, am eagerly awaiting the return of my favorite character.  But how will he return?   

Will he still be the Avatar of Death?   
    Will he be more or less powerful?   
    Will Nova and Star-Lord return with him?  
    Will he be hell-bent on killing the Marvel U, or will he accept his role and go back to the brooding, self-evaluating Thanos we saw in his short self-titled run in 2003.

All these questions and more are on my mind.  Discuss.  LONG LIVE THE MAD TITAN!!

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

He was trapped in the Cancerverse - that was collapsing in on itself. He isn't trapped there. He's dead. Or so we are led to believe. I don't think they will be back anytime soon.

I love Thanos more than anyone, but am very disappointed with how he was written in Thanos Imperative. He was way out of character. I hate to say this, but the whole arc was kind of bad, lots of things were not capitalized on like they could have been for some great story telling. It's like DnA were told "Marvel Cosmic is over. Kill as many as you can because all the titles are getting cancelled." 

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ThanoStomp

I know what you mean.  His complexity just wasn't developed or shown like in previous arcs.  As far as him being dead, that hasn't stopped him in the past.  My guess is that Marvel will show that Quill used the Cosmic Cube to somehow get them out of the collapsing Cancerverse.  To where, I have no clue.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By PowerHerc

I don't know, but I hope it's soon.  Thanos is quite possibly the best supervillain ever.
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By karrob
    @PowerHerc said:
    " I don't know, but I hope it's soon.  Thanos is quite possibly the best supervillain ever. "
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Theworldbreaker

I think its bullshit that they would kill after just ressurecting him like realy wtf? i hope they bring him back. And for those of you that think he's not dead well...the cancerverse collapsed on him thats way more then enough to kill the mad titan.
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Thor's hammmer

it will probably be a while.  
    I want him less powerful they seem to amp him everytime he comes back to the point that now he's ridiculos.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    Alternaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Alternaut

Just crapped myself. Brb.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @Morpheus_: Is that from the Avengers?
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@jloneblackheart: Yes, #11 precisely 
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir: Man, I don't want to read that book..... Not that into the characters and hate the art. 

Any answers to this yet ??
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

He'll be back next tuesday for a coffee any who cut in front of him at starbucks shall feel a mighty wrath

Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Bobby X

I can't wait to get out of work to buy Avengers #11 now. 

I can't remember the last time i was this comic book excited!

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @Bobby X: that looks like a last page to me.
    ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ThanoStomp

Awesome. Can't wait to find out how he came back.

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ThanoStomp
    @jloneblackheart said:
    " @Emperor Gonzo Noir: Man, I don't want to read that book..... Not that into the characters and hate the art. 

Any answers to this yet ?? "

Agree.  I'm not a fan of the art, but I'll still read it.  I particularly don't like the perspective they're putting on Steve Rodgers vs. Bucky.   In several pages, they have Bucky a full 2 inches taller than Rogers and are giving him a slight build.  Just stupid.
    darth_fletcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By darth_fletcher

i love thanos and definitely hope they bring him back soon as an ass whooping machine !!!

RPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RPrime

I am curious about his state of mind when he returns, but make no mistake he will return.  But personally I would like to see him rule over the Cancer-verse as his own personal dimensional realm and bring back his babe Terraxia before he returns an puts his foot on somebody neck.  I doubt he will be weaker, but it really depends on who writes the story and Thano's role.   There is always the possibility of Nova/Starlord returning.  But with Thanos?  Maybe if he calms down.  I liked Thanos as a quasi good guy--he was pretty invincible without the self defeating attitude. But, time will tell...

Zaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zaiyan

Some cynical guys just don't care about Marvel history they just want to prop up their own comic and own sales by stealing ideas from other comics or borrowing popular characters and shoving them into their comic
    Spidey, Sentry, Goblin and Wolverine all of a sudden become Avengers....did this crap ever make sense. NO. but people bought the comic because the characters were popular.

@darth_fletcher said:

" i love thanos and definitely hope they bring him back soon as an ass whooping machine !!! "

Bendisforce will have him a jobber

@joshmightbe said:
    " He'll be back next tuesday for a coffee any who cut in front of him at starbucks shall feel a mighty wrath "

his actions and continuity will be cringe worthy, such is the fate of all characters entering Bendisverse 

@jloneblackheart said:

" He was trapped in the Cancerverse - that was collapsing in on itself. He isn't trapped there. He's dead. Or so we are led to believe. I don't think they will be back anytime soon. I love Thanos more than anyone, but am very disappointed with how he was written in Thanos Imperative. He was way out of character. I hate to say this, but the whole arc was kind of bad, lots of things were not capitalized on like they could have been for some great story telling. It's like DnA were told "Marvel Cosmic is over. Kill as many as you can because all the titles are getting cancelled."  "

For some writers continuity is pointless, everything can come back next week.
    .The history of all this might be explained better through soaps and tv, take for example Dallas, they shot JR...big ratings...then they killed off Bobby not big. So they hit the reset button and have Bobby's wife wake up one day and she him alive in the shower, his death had been her imagination, a dream,  a delusion
    Again a tv show Stargate, 
    Dr. Carson Beckett killed off by a biological bomb...or exploding tumor.....the writers realized they made a mistake so they bring him back as a clone like Ripley in alien movies
    Everyone can come back as a copy, twin or clone or even by the writers ignoring continuity

@jloneblackheart

said:

" I love Thanos more than anyone, but am very disappointed with how he was written in Thanos Imperative. He was way out of character."  "

Wait till you get a load of Bendis Thanos he's gonna talk like Jessica, and job to flights of stairs
    If youre disappointed now then u ain't seem anything yet

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.