Follow

Thanos

Character » Thanos appears in 1258 issues.

An Eternal with the Deviant gene, making him unique and extremely powerful, even amongst his own kind. Above all else, Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death. Few can equal his intelligence, strength, and ambition for power. Thanos has wielded the Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Heart of the Universe.

When will he come back?

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
    the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When do you think Thanos will return to the land of the living in the Marvel Universe?

Psi Optics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Psi Optics

When ever marvel wants to destroy its universe and then say "gotcha just kidding" April Fools in May?

Well maybe if hes nicer to death and does the cooking for a change she could revive him yet again

well corny jokes aside I hope they bring him back

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lordraiden

We haven't read or seen any stories in his current incarnation,  Death's consort! I'm quite suprised actually, thought they would have done something by now.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the creator

I hoping it's a while as a fairly long break will make the character seem fresh when he does return.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Static Shock
    the human Juggernaut said:
    "When do you think Thanos will return to the land of the living in the Marvel Universe?"
    Ehhh... Probably never.
    Swagga Vance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Swagga Vance

If he doesn't comeback we don't have to worry about a purple Dr.Doom sitting in space and that will also prove comicbook characters can stay dead.

Avatar image for shadow_kingof_killers
    Shadow_KingOf Killers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hope so someday
    Avatar image for alexander_anderson
    Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Hopefully never.  He died as well as any character can hope to die in comics, and he's found the closest think he'll ever have to peace and happiness.  The shot of him in the hooded robe with Death on his arm was awesome and strangely touching.  A fitting end for one of the most fully-realized villains in comics, and one that shouldn't be spoiled by a crappy plot-device resurrection.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By geraldthesloth

His death was lame hopefully he comes back but not for a while

than takes over the universe again

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I am torn on if I want him to stay dead or not. Although I think if he does come back the storyline needs to be epic and he just can't appear and be like I am back. Ever since I first heard about War of Kings I had this awesome idea of him returning at the end to bring the universe back under control or even bring the two warring factions together to stop a great threat, ie him. After all he was sorta mentioned in GotG #11 by Maelstrom saying the universe is out of whack because Death's champion is dead.

Big "E"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Big "E"

Thanos will be back when Marvel needs a sales boost and decides to do a cross the the board crossover event.  Although this time I feel they may bring him back on the side of angels.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.