Follow

Thanos

Character » Thanos appears in 1258 issues.

An Eternal with the Deviant gene, making him unique and extremely powerful, even amongst his own kind. Above all else, Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death. Few can equal his intelligence, strength, and ambition for power. Thanos has wielded the Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Heart of the Universe.

Thoughts on Movie Thanos *Minor Spoilers*

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hey guys, just wanted to know what are your thoughts on movie universe Thanos. And what you guys expect to happen with Thanos in the MCU.

For me personally, Thanos is a hard character to pull off on screen. I had a hard time giving Thanos a voice when I read comics with him in them. Now I found the voice. I think Brolin as Thanos is perfect after watching that one scene with him in GotG. The motion capture was good, the design was good, and Brolin's voice was pefect. I torrented the whole movie just to watch that scene again. Thanos is clearly a badarse and there's that presence he brings to the film like he's gonna do some major shyt in the future.

So what are your thoughts on Josh Brolin' Thanos?

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By _Atomikill_

He seemed pretty BA. I approve. But headgear horn-things are too small. And I prefer post-credits Avengers' deep purple as apposed to this color.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Eh, his first major appearence was a let down for me. All of his minions betray him and there is no evidence that id saw it coming. Two Infinity Stones have slipped through his fingers and are now in heavily-guarded (even for him) facilities. He claimed to have the power to destroy Xander, but based on what we saw of the Chitauri in Avengers I highly doubt he could do it without an infinity stone even if he does have an army large enough to attack Xander itself. He would be declaring war on a major interstellar empire.

I think the film WANTED him to be a badass who is "above" everything, but for a film that was meant to build him up it failed for me. All we saw was his minions praise how great he is while he seats in a chair and made threats. His plans failed, minions betrayed him, and he has no stone. He did not come out ahead in any way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.