Follow

Thanos

Character » Thanos appears in 1258 issues.

An Eternal with the Deviant gene, making him unique and extremely powerful, even amongst his own kind. Above all else, Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death. Few can equal his intelligence, strength, and ambition for power. Thanos has wielded the Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Heart of the Universe.

Thanos' Source of Power...?

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By whacknasty

I guess just from Surfer always being tied to Thanos, I had always assumed Thanos could also wield the Power Cosmic, and did so in his battle with Surfer and others.  I just read through Hunger's CV page, and I noticed that Thanos had to ask Galactus to use the Power Cosmic in an attempt to defeat Hunger...and I was like what? Why couldn't he just use it himself?

So where does Thanos get his ability to shoot energy blasts and achieve other effects, if it is not the Power Cosmic...?

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

He is a Titan Eternal. They all have powers. His deviant gene apparently raises his power.  

Through mysticism and technology, he has raised his power even more. Now he is the avatar of Death and his already incredible power has been raised even further.  

Thanos has cosmic power, not the Power Cosmic (although one instance said so, I take it as a writer error).

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By whacknasty
    @jloneblackheart: Cool, thanks!  Now I just have to find a magic wielding cyborg demi-god to fight Thanos in the battle forum...lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.