Thanos Returns This April
@mk111: Yeah, but now all of the original Thanos fans will be dealing with a whole new generation of fanboys. How many of them actually remember the original Infinity Gauntlet and SS story-lines?!? Still, I like the character so much that I'm still glad they've been able to keep "The Nihilist" around even if he is turning into a sort of pop sensation.
@mk111: And, since they said there would be no real heroes in this story. It would be neat if after they describe what had made Thanos into Thanos, they finished with the beginnings of another origin story (Drax's) that probably wouldn't have ever happened without the corruption of the titan. They could just allude to it if the series isn't long enough to describe it all, that would be wicked.
I'm not sold on this just yet. Personally, if anyone should be writing Thanos' story in depth, it should be his creator Jim Starlin. Other than him, there's few that I would consider being worthy enough to write the Mad Titan. I'm a bit nervous about Jason Aaron being the wirter.
Don't get me wrong, his Thor: God of Thunder series has been great thus far, but his previous run on Incredible Hulk was total, absoulte garbage! Now do you see why I'm not so sure if he'll be able to write Thanos as well as we hope he will.
"THANOS RISING #1 (OF 5)
JASON AARON (W) • SIMONE BIANCHI (A/C)
Variant Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
Blank Variant Also Available
Young Variant Also Available
• What comes after "Marvel NOW!"? Whatever it is, it starts HERE.
• The vile face left movie audiences in shock after last summer's Marvel Studios' "The Avengers" movie, but who is this eerily disturbing villain?
• Thanos rises as the unrivaled rogue of wretchedness in this gripping tale of tragedy, deceit and destiny. Where did this demi-god of death and destruction come from and...more importantly what does he want?
• The answers come from the incredible creative team of Jason Aaron (Wolverine, X-Men Origins) and Simone Bianchi (Wolverine, Astonishing X-Men) as they take you on journey that will not only change the course of one boy's life...
...but will soon change the very nature of the Marvel Universe.
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99"
so basically after age of ultron its a thanos event? (sigh marvel you've announce 2014 event before your 2013 event has even begun)
I didn't even require an explanation. Thank you for sharing.
- Also, Marvel, please stop putting that damn ugly red banner on the books which takes away from the art form. It's ridiculous and I don't give two bits over what ridiculous overhaul you're going through to make money. Just make good stories and combine it with great art - voila. It's not like you needed them in the 60's-80's.
Yes! Those damn banners ruin the covers!
The advantage of the red banner is that all the useless info that is on the red banner doesn't ruin the actual cover. What I don't get why most comic book publishers have to put the bar code on the front of comic books and not on the back. There is no bar code on the front of ordinary books (or any other products)... where possible it's always on the back or side (of the item/box/package). Just my 2 cents...
Aaron shared some details about the upcoming comic with Marvel.com.
This is not a super hero story. There are no good guys swooping in to save the day here. This is the origin story of a very bad dude. A cosmic mass murderer.
This is going to be good! Who needs superheroes anyway...?
@DonFelipe:It's a positive spin on how to view the banner - though I don't know that I wouldn't prefer the organic color of the natural background interrupted by the product being peddled. I do however completely agree that the bar code could probably be better served on the back cover.
This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.