Follow

Thanos

Character » Thanos appears in 1258 issues.

An Eternal with the Deviant gene, making him unique and extremely powerful, even amongst his own kind. Above all else, Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death. Few can equal his intelligence, strength, and ambition for power. Thanos has wielded the Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Heart of the Universe.

Thanos lets get real.

ILoveComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ILoveComics

This topic is not a respect forum nor am i trying to down thanos or thanos fans. But if your a hardcore thanos fan you probably wont like this page. I have issues with thanos BIG ONES. In alot of other boards i was in there was poeple who loved thanos so much they said he could defeat. Lucifer Morningstar, Rune King Thor, and just about anyone. Like Captain Marvel if he had full access to his gauntlets powers now mind you with full access to his gauntlets he'd be able to kill stars by draining there power. You can read that in the captain marvel fourth series i believe were he finally goes insane and his son after having centuries or even thousands of years of training under the magus is able to drain entire stars of there power trying to release the magus from his prison. People say that this guy would lose to thanos if he had full power of his gauntlets. Some poeple go as fat as to say galactus one on one with thanos would lose totally out right, because he wasnt killed by Tyrant. 

Now if i say he's not as powerful as galactus or tyrant or rune king thor people jump down my throat saying HE WAS BEATING UP SUCH AND SUCH AND WAS OWNING ODIN AND HE KILLED HUNGER WHO WAS GONNA EAT THE MULTIVERSE ETC ETC. 

So lets try to see HOW STRONG IS THANOS........FOR REAL. In the old days he's been shown to be so strong he can slap around a herald yet someone found it funny to let him be killed by Drax in a weakend state. Odin didnt kill him but he also wasnt even scratched (odin i mean) he didnt come out of that fight even tired but thanos was bleeding and injured. Tyrant is about almost as strong as Galactus, Thanos did NOT defeat Tyrant he said i win cause im still alive then teleported away.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Nova`Prime`

You're letting delusional Thanos fans really influence your decision on the character. Thanos is a power house in Marvel, that's not even counting the times he has power boosts from the Infinity Gauntlet, HOTU, or what have you.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    " You're letting delusional Thanos fans really influence your decision on the character. Thanos is a power house in Marvel, that's not even counting the times he has power boosts from the Infinity Gauntlet, HOTU, or what have you. "
    Plus his usual tech.

Also, Galactus would own Thanos. Period.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this topic has been done to death believe me.

ILoveComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ILoveComics

Well im glad the board isnt full of delusional fan boys cause ive gone to boards FULL I MEAN FULL of them saying he's a skyfather and all this crap

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By geraldthesloth

This is basically the same place, if you don't want to see more of them avoid the battle forums..we have plenty of Thanos fanboys.

Avatar image for the_ace_of_knaves
    the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the ace of knaves

Thanos is one of the top forces in Marvel... easily. He is basically an indestructible mad genius. He has amplified his powers through tech and magic. And that's without the Infinity Gauntlet. With it? He's omnipotent. He took down 3/4s of the cosmic pantheon with it. He clicked his fingers and made half of the universe disappear.

I remember this scene in IG when two celestials were throwing planets at Thanos... and he was just exploding them before they hit him. One of the sickest comic book pages ever.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By MrDirector786

Thanos is pathetic.

Avatar image for the_ace_of_knaves
    the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is Thanos pathetic? Can someone explain how he is a bad character? I'm not talking how powerful he is, i'm talking personality. 

Y'all sound like bitter DC fanboys thinking Darkseid is better. But the fact is they are very different. Personally i think Thanos is a much more interesting character. He's more ambiguous. And his motivation is pretty unique.

As for power? The OP doesn't have a clue... the Infinity Gauntlet with all the gems allows the user to do literally ANTHING. Anything their mind commands. Thanos was only defeated because he got over confident.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By PowerHerc

Thanos is badass!
    Avatar image for deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92
    deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

@PowerHerc said:
    "Thanos is badass! "

Word.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.